OnePlus Two vs. Moto X Pure Edition

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I recently had chance to try both one plus two and moto x pure and here are my thoughts.

Screen: They both have yellowish warmer screen but moto x pure screen is much better. QHD FTW.

Os: Even though OPT came out a month earlier, oxygen os still not optimized like moto x pure.

Speaker: moto x pure just destroys OPT. Opt has tinny speaker sound and it's mono speaker.

Build quality: I think they both have good build quality but design goes to OPT imo.

Speed & Multitasking: oxygen os is poorly optimized and opening app is slower than moto x pure. Multitasking experience is slightly better on OPT due to 4gb ram but not by much.

Temperature: moto x pure is hot and makes my hand sweat. OPT temperature is lower than moto x pure. I heard that OPT to downclocks their Cpu to avoid overheating but I really didn't experience lag.

Price: OPT 16gb 3gb ram is $299, 64gb 4gb ram $389. Moto x pure 16gb $399, 64gb $499. OPT is about $100 cheaper and no tax.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tried both one plus two and moto x pure.

Nice to hear about the OPT. I have never used their phones but I know the first one people liked. I just have never been a fan of their invite system. I don't like having to work for an invite so I can have the "privileged" of giving them my money. I know some don't see it that way but that is how I feel it is. I would rather see back-ordered versus waiting to be invited.

That said -- I can say I am really enjoying my Pure. Moto Assist is pretty awesome :cool:.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Seems there could be some production differences:

1. Some have the yellow tint and others do not (mine is white).
2. Some are reporting heat issues and others not (so far for me- not. So far anyway).

I "get" the panel issue if from different plants or batch runs, but the heat.... People are even reporting it with movies and Youtube. With Youtube and movies my device does not even get warm enough to call warm for me and I am using LTE in mid level signal areas. Ditto for playing heavy resource emulators like MAME- no heat.

3D games get fairly warm (as do others- especially iPhone 6 and 6+), but not sweaty hand hot.

I wonder if people with yellow tint displays are also the ones reporting the heat? Correlation perhaps?

Or, are people charging fast charge while having the heat issues?

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

Actually, my moto pure x screen is not too bad, but if I compare with my other smartphones, it's definitely warmer. Temperature is only thing that bothers me a little. Moto x pure is definitely better buy than OPT. I am! not so picky about camera and they're both solid.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Hardly anyone can get their hands on the OPT so it's a kinda pointless comparison.

Posted via the Android Central App

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Anyone able to send a pic of what they perceive to be white and those that think theirs is kinda yellowish? I only am able to compare against my LG G3 which is a bit cooler than warmer in terms of color. I am trying my hardest to get used to the size. I thought the G3 was big.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37