Moto X Pure Edition vs. LG G4

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I've been using an LG G4 since launch (longtime ios guy). My G4 is.... bleh! but its considered a flagship phone. I'm interested in the Moto X Pure but it keeps falling into the category of "mid-range". Would getting the Moto X Pure be a downgrade for me? All the specs match up between the two. Also, this mornings Amazon Nexus leak looks very underwhelming if its true.

So! What phone are you currently using and are you considering switching over to the Moto X Pure?

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
re:

I returned the G4 and just lived with a glitchy 5.0 M8 until this came out. I didn't like LG's skin. I didn't like the look of any of their apps. I hated the speaker. The phone was too janky, and mine also frequently missed taps. I've found the Moto X to be a better experience in nearly every possible way.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
re:

My Nexus 6 currently.
Utilizing Google's Fi and so far that's fairly good.
Options are limited regarding hardware.
Was thinking of getting the Moto Play then.....https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCsQtwIwAmoVChMIm6Hnyv-NyAIVwW0-Ch0WKAT4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4c4KLIkM558&usg=AFQjCNHXpezYUKlmPDUz1FOjpeEzDfYvAA&sig2=qmOESYcPu_56bXRVUWf34A
Saw a video that seemed to show the Nexus was "faster" compared to the new Moto.
Will wait until the smoke clears.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Switched from the G4 to Moto X Pure also. There is no comparison in my eyes. The Moto X destroys the G4. The lag and missed taps on the G4 drove me crazy. It killed me that my Note 3 was a better device than the G4 that replaced it but that was the case. The Moto X camera has been great for me so far but I don't take a ton of pics to begin with. Battery life after 2 days has been at least really close to the G4 if not the same, and I like the IR sensors to wake the screen over the G4's double tap to wake which usually was triple or quadruple tap to wake anyway.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re:

My Nexus 6 currently.
Utilizing Google's Fi and so far that's fairly good.
Options are limited regarding hardware.
Was thinking of getting the Moto Play then.....https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCsQtwIwAmoVChMIm6Hnyv-NyAIVwW0-Ch0WKAT4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4c4KLIkM558&usg=AFQjCNHXpezYUKlmPDUz1FOjpeEzDfYvAA&sig2=qmOESYcPu_56bXRVUWf34A
Saw a video that seemed to show the Nexus was "faster" compared to the new Moto.
Will wait until the smoke clears.
Doesn't Nexus cost a lot more?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: To upgrade or not to upgrade?

I've been using an LG G4 since launch (longtime ios guy). My G4 is.... bleh! but its considered a flagship phone. I'm interested in the Moto X Pure but it keeps falling into the category of "mid-range". Would getting the Moto X Pure be a downgrade for me? All the specs match up between the two. Also, this mornings Amazon Nexus leak looks very underwhelming if its true.

So! What phone are you currently using and are you considering switching over to the Moto X Pure?

I'm currently using a G3 and its been great. I had the same question myself... Seems like the moto X is more of a lateral move really. This camera has been outstanding, I've only rarely experienced lag, nothing I consider to be terribly annoying.

I've just had this for about a year and a half, and that's a long time for me. Ha. I'm ready for something new, its going to be either the X or the Note 5 for me. I'm eagerly awaiting the AC review.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

LG g4 to moto x pure is definitely not an upgrade. Just stick with g4.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

That is your opinion which I disagree with a lot ^_^.

Haha... Something about the way you worded that amused me.

It seems like there are very mixed feelings on the G4 around here, some people love it, others found it terrible. Like I said earlier, my G3 has been outstanding, I guess in hindsight I'm glad I skipped the G4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Haha... Something about the way you worded that amused me.

It seems like there are very mixed feelings on the G4 around here, some people love it, others found it terrible. Like I said earlier, my G3 has been outstanding, I guess in hindsight I'm glad I skipped the G4

Haha. I am not saying it is terrible or anything. I enjoyed my G4 for awhile and only had minor hiccups with it (sometimes tapping the screen didn't register for knock code but once on / unlocked it worked fine). I even got used to the back buttons but now that I have the Moto X -- I can say I really really prefer this phone over my G4. I use speakerphone in the car often so the Moto wins on that, the button placement (although not game breaking) is refreshing to have one again, and I have been enjoying stock Android (or well close to it).

Also Moto assist is huge for me in the car. Being able to have text messages read to me and respond back is awesome.

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Just placed the my order. I'm super inpatient so i opted to get the 32GB model vs the 64GB. Luckily its got an SD slot. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

That is your opinion which I disagree with a lot ^_^.
I understand that you're fan of motorola skin so this is more of personal preferences. Hardware wise they're pretty much similar. It's hard to say moto x pure is upgrade over LG g4.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I understand that you're fan of motorola skin so this is more of personal preferences. Hardware wise they're pretty much similar. It's hard to say moto x pure is upgrade over LG g4.

This is my first ever Moto device so I have no real bias towards them.

As for hardware this phone performs just as good. Sure the under the hood specs may edge out to the G4 but the prices always goes up as well. I have honestly never bought a phone simply based on the fact that one maybe had a slightly faster processor, or more RAM, etc. --- As long as they perform fine that slight bump is usually not noticeable except in benchmarks.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

This is my first ever Moto device so I have no real bias towards them.

As for hardware this phone performs just as good. Sure the under the hood specs may edge out to the G4 but the prices always goes up as well. I have honestly never bought a phone simply based on the fact that one maybe had a slightly faster processor, or more RAM, etc. --- As long as they perform fine that slight bump is usually not noticeable except in benchmarks.

The operable word the OP posed was 'Upgrade'. As you said, the LG G4 has specs that almost mirror the Pure, but the pundits agree the G4 has a better camera. The G4 also has a removable battery. The price of the 32GB Pure is also only $50 more than the G4 on most carriers. So if someone asks 'Is the Moto X Pure an UPGRADE from the LG G4', the answer is a resounding NO. It's a SIDEWAY move in which you can state preferences on either side.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The operable word the OP posed was 'Upgrade'. As you said, the LG G4 has specs that almost mirror the Pure, but the pundits agree the G4 has a better camera. The G4 also has a removable battery. The price of the 32GB Pure is also only $50 more than the G4 on most carriers. So if someone asks 'Is the Moto X Pure an UPGRADE from the LG G4', the answer is a resounding NO. It's a SIDEWAY move in which you can state preferences on either side.

And you are right .. I said I disagree as in my opinion. I can still disagree with it being an upgrade. I personally do not go 100% off internal specs .. hence my decision. We don't know if the OP does either so you can't really say if it is a down grade for him since we do not know everything that he wants. More opinions on the matter do not hurt especially since I JUST came from the G4. Especially since I don't count the G4 having a removable battery as an upgrade as I never used it ... does that mean everyone will feel the same way? Of course not.

:).

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

And you are right .. I said I disagree as in my opinion. I can still disagree with it being an upgrade. I personally do not go 100% off internal specs .. hence my decision. We don't know if the OP does either so you can't really say if it is a down grade for him since we do not know everything that he wants. More opinions on the matter do not hurt especially since I JUST came from the G4. Especially since I don't count the G4 having a removable battery as an upgrade as I never used it ... does that mean everyone will feel the same way? Of course not.

:).

this guy for the win!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20