01-28-2016 11:20 AM
26 12
tools
    I've been using an LG G4 since launch (longtime ios guy). My G4 is.... bleh! but its considered a flagship phone. I'm interested in the Moto X Pure but it keeps falling into the category of "mid-range". Would getting the Moto X Pure be a downgrade for me? All the specs match up between the two. Also, this mornings Amazon Nexus leak looks very underwhelming if its true.

So! What phone are you currently using and are you considering switching over to the Moto X Pure?
    09-23-2015 12:39 PM
    I switched from the G4 to the Moto X Pure. I am extremely happy with my choice .
    09-23-2015 12:52 PM
    I returned the G4 and just lived with a glitchy 5.0 M8 until this came out. I didn't like LG's skin. I didn't like the look of any of their apps. I hated the speaker. The phone was too janky, and mine also frequently missed taps. I've found the Moto X to be a better experience in nearly every possible way.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.
    Orlando Caceres likes this.
    09-23-2015 03:01 PM
    My Nexus 6 currently.
    Utilizing Google's Fi and so far that's fairly good.
    Options are limited regarding hardware.
    Was thinking of getting the Moto Play then.....https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...u_56bXRVUWf34A
    Saw a video that seemed to show the Nexus was "faster" compared to the new Moto.
    Will wait until the smoke clears.
    09-23-2015 03:32 PM
    Ok! So you and i are in the same boat. My only fear is the camera. you've gotta admit that when the LG camera worked, it was great!
    09-23-2015 03:39 PM
    Switched from the G4 to Moto X Pure also. There is no comparison in my eyes. The Moto X destroys the G4. The lag and missed taps on the G4 drove me crazy. It killed me that my Note 3 was a better device than the G4 that replaced it but that was the case. The Moto X camera has been great for me so far but I don't take a ton of pics to begin with. Battery life after 2 days has been at least really close to the G4 if not the same, and I like the IR sensors to wake the screen over the G4's double tap to wake which usually was triple or quadruple tap to wake anyway.
    09-23-2015 03:53 PM
    My Nexus 6 currently.
    Utilizing Google's Fi and so far that's fairly good.
    Options are limited regarding hardware.
    Was thinking of getting the Moto Play then.....https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...u_56bXRVUWf34A
    Saw a video that seemed to show the Nexus was "faster" compared to the new Moto.
    Will wait until the smoke clears.
    Doesn't Nexus cost a lot more?
    09-23-2015 04:03 PM
    I've been using an LG G4 since launch (longtime ios guy). My G4 is.... bleh! but its considered a flagship phone. I'm interested in the Moto X Pure but it keeps falling into the category of "mid-range". Would getting the Moto X Pure be a downgrade for me? All the specs match up between the two. Also, this mornings Amazon Nexus leak looks very underwhelming if its true.

So! What phone are you currently using and are you considering switching over to the Moto X Pure?
    I'm currently using a G3 and its been great. I had the same question myself... Seems like the moto X is more of a lateral move really. This camera has been outstanding, I've only rarely experienced lag, nothing I consider to be terribly annoying.

I've just had this for about a year and a half, and that's a long time for me. Ha. I'm ready for something new, its going to be either the X or the Note 5 for me. I'm eagerly awaiting the AC review.
    09-23-2015 05:06 PM
    LG g4 to moto x pure is definitely not an upgrade. Just stick with g4.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    bpe4 likes this.
    09-23-2015 05:23 PM
    ∆Do you have both phones? Do you have either phone?
    09-23-2015 05:24 PM
    LG g4 to moto x pure is definitely not an upgrade. Just stick with g4.

That is your opinion which I disagree with a lot ^_^.
    kj11 and Orlando Caceres like this.
    09-23-2015 05:26 PM
    Haha... Something about the way you worded that amused me.

It seems like there are very mixed feelings on the G4 around here, some people love it, others found it terrible. Like I said earlier, my G3 has been outstanding, I guess in hindsight I'm glad I skipped the G4
    09-23-2015 05:34 PM
    Haha... Something about the way you worded that amused me.

It seems like there are very mixed feelings on the G4 around here, some people love it, others found it terrible. Like I said earlier, my G3 has been outstanding, I guess in hindsight I'm glad I skipped the G4
    Haha. I am not saying it is terrible or anything. I enjoyed my G4 for awhile and only had minor hiccups with it (sometimes tapping the screen didn't register for knock code but once on / unlocked it worked fine). I even got used to the back buttons but now that I have the Moto X -- I can say I really really prefer this phone over my G4. I use speakerphone in the car often so the Moto wins on that, the button placement (although not game breaking) is refreshing to have one again, and I have been enjoying stock Android (or well close to it).

Also Moto assist is huge for me in the car. Being able to have text messages read to me and respond back is awesome.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-23-2015 05:39 PM
    Just placed the my order. I'm super inpatient so i opted to get the 32GB model vs the 64GB. Luckily its got an SD slot. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!
    Almeuit likes this.
    09-23-2015 06:24 PM
    Just placed the my order. I'm super inpatient so i opted to get the 32GB model vs the 64GB. Luckily its got an SD slot. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!
    Very nice .
    09-23-2015 06:33 PM
    I understand that you're fan of motorola skin so this is more of personal preferences. Hardware wise they're pretty much similar. It's hard to say moto x pure is upgrade over LG g4.

09-23-2015 06:39 PM
    I understand that you're fan of motorola skin so this is more of personal preferences. Hardware wise they're pretty much similar. It's hard to say moto x pure is upgrade over LG g4.

This is my first ever Moto device so I have no real bias towards them.

As for hardware this phone performs just as good. Sure the under the hood specs may edge out to the G4 but the prices always goes up as well. I have honestly never bought a phone simply based on the fact that one maybe had a slightly faster processor, or more RAM, etc. --- As long as they perform fine that slight bump is usually not noticeable except in benchmarks.
    kj11 likes this.
    09-23-2015 06:52 PM
    This is my first ever Moto device so I have no real bias towards them.

As for hardware this phone performs just as good. Sure the under the hood specs may edge out to the G4 but the prices always goes up as well. I have honestly never bought a phone simply based on the fact that one maybe had a slightly faster processor, or more RAM, etc. --- As long as they perform fine that slight bump is usually not noticeable except in benchmarks.
    The operable word the OP posed was 'Upgrade'. As you said, the LG G4 has specs that almost mirror the Pure, but the pundits agree the G4 has a better camera. The G4 also has a removable battery. The price of the 32GB Pure is also only $50 more than the G4 on most carriers. So if someone asks 'Is the Moto X Pure an UPGRADE from the LG G4', the answer is a resounding NO. It's a SIDEWAY move in which you can state preferences on either side.
    kj11 and Matt Manahan like this.
    09-23-2015 07:00 PM
    The operable word the OP posed was 'Upgrade'. As you said, the LG G4 has specs that almost mirror the Pure, but the pundits agree the G4 has a better camera. The G4 also has a removable battery. The price of the 32GB Pure is also only $50 more than the G4 on most carriers. So if someone asks 'Is the Moto X Pure an UPGRADE from the LG G4', the answer is a resounding NO. It's a SIDEWAY move in which you can state preferences on either side.
    And you are right .. I said I disagree as in my opinion. I can still disagree with it being an upgrade. I personally do not go 100% off internal specs .. hence my decision. We don't know if the OP does either so you can't really say if it is a down grade for him since we do not know everything that he wants. More opinions on the matter do not hurt especially since I JUST came from the G4. Especially since I don't count the G4 having a removable battery as an upgrade as I never used it ... does that mean everyone will feel the same way? Of course not.

09-23-2015 07:35 PM
    And you are right .. I said I disagree as in my opinion. I can still disagree with it being an upgrade. I personally do not go 100% off internal specs .. hence my decision. We don't know if the OP does either so you can't really say if it is a down grade for him since we do not know everything that he wants. More opinions on the matter do not hurt especially since I JUST came from the G4. Especially since I don't count the G4 having a removable battery as an upgrade as I never used it ... does that mean everyone will feel the same way? Of course not.

this guy for the win!
    09-23-2015 10:16 PM
    Hey Almeuit. if i use the stock google launcher on the moto x pure, am i stuck with that google now card that takes up and entire desktop page on the phone or can i remove it?
    09-23-2015 10:18 PM
    Doesn't Nexus cost a lot more?
    It did when issued, I paid the full load [$650] direct from Moto.
    Now it can be had for 400 USD or less.

edit- $350 on Amazon
    09-24-2015 08:49 AM
    Hey Almeuit. if i use the stock google launcher on the moto x pure, am i stuck with that google now card that takes up and entire desktop page on the phone or can i remove it?
    I'm not sure. I've just left everything as is so far. I'd have to play around with it more .
    09-24-2015 08:51 AM
    Anyone who did the the move?
    I know both have mediocre battery life, but which has better SOT?
    Also, what about build quality?
    And lastly, lags-stutters etc.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    10-06-2015 06:23 AM
    I am coming from a G4 (unlocked) and I am considering either the MXPE or 6P but overall I have been happy with my G4. I think the 808 runs smoothly on it and I run the Google Now launcher over the UX skin. Based on what I see, the MXPE is pretty much a lateral move from the G4 however, for me I value the lightest OEM footprint possible and stock Android with quicker updates is the reason for my move.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Loiter likes this.
    10-06-2015 05:12 PM
26 12