Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style vs. Nexus 6P

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This one is tough. Same size screen, choose between a metal or leather back and they're toe to toe on many specs. The 6P has a HUGE battery, sounds like they've focused quite a bit on low light camera quality and they're not slouching on the build materials either. Design wise I like the X but that could lose out to the instant/constant updates that come with a Nexus. Right now I'd lean towards the 6P, but it really needs to prove itself in battery life, camera and screen quality or I'll quickly swing back to my MXPE.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
This one is tough. Same size screen, choose between a metal or leather back and they're toe to toe on many specs. The 6P has a HUGE battery, sounds like they've focused quite a bit on low light camera quality and they're not slouching on the build materials either. Design wise I like the X but that could lose out to the instant/constant updates that come with a Nexus. Right now I'd lean towards the 6P, but it really needs to prove itself in battery life, camera and screen quality or I'll quickly swing back to my MXPE.

Totally agree here. With news of some features lacking in the 6P, the battery has to impress, big time. Otherwise, I could just get a 32GB Moto XPE for cheaper, or 64 GB for the same price as the base model 6P, and wait for a battery case for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
If My Moto Pure isn't perfect, ordered on the 3rd and still waiting as it sits in customs delay, it is going back. I'm not super picky but I'm also not settling.

The P is interesting. No SD card is a big knock to me. Nexus cameras have historically sucked so that is another issue I'll be watching.

I'm on the edge. I just might ebay my Pure edition and grab the P or return it outright. Depends on how I feel when I get that pure in my hand.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm very tempted to switch, having some serious nexus envy right now.

The way I see it, for about $50 more I get a metal body, fingerprint reader, USB type C, amoled screen, bigger battery and even faster updates.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

So I was thinking I would not get the Nexus 6P because rumors had it at 5.5 not 5.7. My issue now with the device is the AMOLED screen. I prefer IPS screens.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Totally agree here. With news of some features lacking in the 6P, the battery has to impress, big time. Otherwise, I could just get a 32GB Moto XPE for cheaper, or 64 GB for the same price as the base model 6P, and wait for a battery case for it.

I decided to wait until the 29th to purchase my Moto X. I figure I will see what Google has in store. Though I am leaning towards the Moto X Pure.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 6P already on order, I've got 4-5 weeks before it ships to decide.

Aside from losing the Micro SD why would I not go nexus? Don't get me wrong I've been very pleased with the MXPE so far but I don't see why more people wouldn't jump on the new nexus. If there's something I'm missing please by all means tell me.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Nexus 6P already on order, I've got 4-5 weeks before it ships to decide.

Aside from losing the Micro SD why would I not go nexus? Don't get me wrong I've been very pleased with the MXPE so far but I don't see why more people wouldn't jump on the new nexus. If there's something I'm missing please by all means tell me.

For me it is AMOLED vs LCD IPS. Not a fan of AMOLED. Also I can get the 64GB version cheaper than the 64GB Nexus 6P

I am also trying to figure this out:

Nexus 6P 32GB --> 64GB go up by $50 but the 64GB --> 128GB goes up by $100?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
For me it is AMOLED vs LCD IPS. Not a fan of AMOLED. Also I can get the 64GB version cheaper than the 64GB Nexus 6P

I am also trying to figure this out:

Nexus 6P 32GB --> 64GB go up by $50 but the 64GB --> 128GB goes up by $100?

I noticed that as well, coming from a 32gb n5 I think I can make 32gb work though.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that as well, coming from a 32gb n5 I think I can make 32gb work though.

Yeah I can make 32GB work. My issue is my Nexus 5 currently thinks it has 16GB. There is a bug in the install that flags it wrong and causes it not to read the size properly. I have to flash the entire device for it to work correctly.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I can make 32GB work. My issue is my Nexus 5 currently thinks it has 16GB. There is a bug in the install that flags it wrong and causes it not to read the size properly. I have to flash the entire device for it to work correctly.

Interesting, I plan on flashing my old n5 to marshmallow once the final images are posted.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Moto X Pure vs. Nexus 6p

There are lots of similarities between the devices, screen size, ram, vanilla Android.

Plenty of differences too. Amoled vs LCD, thin device vs. thick and curvy, fingerprint scanner, etc.

What do you guys think? Personally I am still thrilled with the Moto X because of the SD card, Motocare, Moto app with notifications, custom design, known good manufacturer, known decent camera.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's annoying lol

My nexus 5 32gb became 16gb after flashing a… | Google Nexus 5 | XDA Forums

Yeah I am going to flash it once it comes out. See how it runs but will probably still end up getting a new phone. The issue is who knows when Moto will update the Moto X

I'll give moto the benefit of the doubt and say that the MXPE will have the update very close to and if not before many people receive their new nexus phones.

Moto is usually fast but I also know they want to take their time a bit more now and make sure things are stable.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure vs. Nexus 6p

It's much more appealing than I had expected. Because it's just preorder at this point I'll wait for some reviews and I've got the MXPE to tide me over.

Blaze4G

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I was all set on ordering the MXPE. Chose the colour and everything but decided of course to wait until today.
My main reasons for going with the MXPE initially was:
- active display
- voice commands when the phone is off (when the screen is off)
- front facing speakers
- micro sd

Then Nexus 6p came out with all the above except micro sd. However it has a larger battery and it is a nexus. My only concern is the camera. I have a gut feeling it will be on par or better than the MXPE camera though.

Therefore I just ordered a 32GB 6P.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday I was all set on ordering the MXPE. Chose the colour and everything but decided of course to wait until today.
My main reasons for going with the MXPE initially was:
- active display
- voice commands when the phone is off (when the screen is off)
- front facing speakers
- micro sd

Then Nexus 6p came out with all the above except micro sd. However it has a larger battery and it is a nexus. My only concern is the camera. I have a gut feeling it will be on par or better than the MXPE camera though.

Therefore I just ordered a 32GB 6P.

Yeah I noticed they have something called Android sense hub.