02-03-2016 02:04 PM
129 ... 3456
tools
    Just thought I would share this in case anyone finds it useful. Deshaker does a great job of stabilizing 4k video from the 6P. Takes a long time to analyze and process the video, but results are usually fantastic with minimal "jello" effect. Plus its a free plugin for VirtualDub
    JaySeeDoubleYou likes this.
    12-14-2015 08:21 PM
    First impressions of the 6p:
    1. Wow the quality. NOT what I
    expected at all. Feels and looks really good.
    2. Onscreen home button. I thought I would hate it because I tried it on the moto g, but because of the huge screen(ooo typing lag right there...), I hardly notice it.
    3. So clean. I was able to uninstall a few Google apps I don't use, but bummed some can only be disabled.

Dang. Did not think I would like it this much; I had my mind set on the Note 5 before this, but this is pretty darn good!

Returning this though, because I bought it one day before the 50 dollar sale. We'll see if I get another one.
    12-19-2015 11:09 AM
    Compared with the Note 5, typing on this is a big harder. Hitting a lot of wrong keys. Will probably install the Samsung keyboard if I can.
    12-19-2015 11:11 AM
    Compared with the Note 5, typing on this is a big harder. Hitting a lot of wrong keys. Will probably install the Samsung keyboard if I can.
    Once you get used to the keyboard it gets easier, you will make less mistakes.

I picked up a Lumia 950 XL to give a try. Not too bad so far. The camera is a bit better than the Note 5, but, the build quality is mediocre. The plastic back creaks everywhere...

Well, now I am trying to pick between the Note 5, Nexus 6P and the Lumia 950 XL. Too many choices...

Good luck with the 6P! It is a really nice phone.
    12-19-2015 11:33 AM
    Update after a few hours of use.

From my usage, I am not really noticing a huge difference in speed. I felt like my note 5 loaded stuff quicker for certain things. Honestly, I think the whole story about the 6p being ultra smooth is true, but is it that much better than the Note? I don't think so.

Also, a bit annoying how I cant play mkv files with vlc... I would need to convert again, ugh. On the Note mkv files does not play in the stock app, but played fine on vlc.

Speakers are great, felt delighted being able to hold the phone without blocking the sounds like the note 5. However... I have a set of sony wireless headphones on, so that kinda cancels it out.

A bit strange to say this, but I actually felt more comfortable with TW than stock. I found myself looking for features that I thought were standard but were not on the 6p.

The size. The mms of difference really mattered. Note 5 fit really well in my hands even with a thin case on. The 6p... Idk, it feels a lot bigger and I have to stretch more. One handed usage is definitely not as good as the note 5. It's noticeably heavier too.
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    12-19-2015 03:44 PM
    Once you get used to the keyboard it gets easier, you will make less mistakes.

I picked up a Lumia 950 XL to give a try. Not too bad so far. The camera is a bit better than the Note 5, but, the build quality is mediocre. The plastic back creaks everywhere...

Well, now I am trying to pick between the Note 5, Nexus 6P and the Lumia 950 XL. Too many choices...

Good luck with the 6P! It is a really nice phone.
    I definitely understand your dilemma lol. I'm trying to choose between the MXPE, BlackBerry Priv, Nexus 6P, and Note5.
    12-19-2015 07:16 PM
    I definitely understand your dilemma lol. I'm trying to choose between the MXPE, BlackBerry Priv, Nexus 6P, and Note5.
    Its hard to choose, right?

If I could have the camera and Windows 10 from the Lumia, and the build quality of the 6P or Note, along with the s-pen from the Note, that would be the perfect phone for me...
    12-19-2015 10:37 PM

If I could have the camera and Windows 10 from the Lumia, and the build quality of the 6P or Note, along with the s-pen from the Note, that would be the perfect phone for me...
    Haha the perfect Frankenphone
    12-19-2015 11:10 PM

And Hub from BB10?
    12-20-2015 01:08 AM
    And Hub from BB10?
    Only if it's the BB10 version with the same functionality and not whatever it is that BlackBerry calls itself doing with the Android version
    12-20-2015 01:10 AM
    Just talked to a tmo guy on the phone
    about buying the note 5 unactivated, but the guy said no... Even though tmo online agents all said yes. What the heck.
    12-20-2015 01:45 PM
    Just talked to a tmo guy on the phone
    about buying the note 5 unactivated, but the guy said no... Even though tmo online agents all said yes. What the heck.
    What do you mean unactivated? From tmo or an international variant from some other retailer?
    12-20-2015 01:59 PM
    I meant buying one from tmo store unactivated without a plan. I wanted to activate it on their website because there is a plan on there that suits me but ONLY if you activate the phone online.
    12-20-2015 02:06 PM
    Huh, that's weird. I would think they would let you do that.
    12-20-2015 02:12 PM
    Well I am going to the store to find out just what is going on. I don't want a 50 dollar plan.
    +1 for 6p because it doesn't have this problem.
    12-20-2015 02:16 PM
    Wasted my time at tmo. Best buy was across the street. Walked out with an unactivated at&t 64gb gold note 5.
    12-20-2015 04:30 PM
    Wasted my time at tmo. Best buy was across the street. Walked out with an unactivated at&t 64gb gold note 5.
    Nice! The Gold is a really awesome color. I wanted to get the Silver, but it was out of stock on Amazon. The Black and Gold were like a $1000, so I went for the white, ~$840.

How much was it at Best Buy?
    12-20-2015 04:33 PM
    Nice! The Gold is a really awesome color. I wanted to get the Silver, but it was out of stock on Amazon. The Black and Gold were like a $1000, so I went for the white, ~$840.

How much was it at Best Buy?
    It was 840 for the gold.

After I calmed down and thought about it, tmo was actually a better deal... No good plans on at&t for me. Going back tomorrow and getting it from tmo. They have the 64 for 700 with a plan.
    12-20-2015 11:58 PM
    Also, dat at&t packaging... Wow...
    12-21-2015 12:04 AM
    Got the Gold 64 GB Note 5 from tmo. It was even cheaper than I thought. It was only 670 (less than 32 gb models from other places). I will be keeping this one and sending the 6P back. I must be the only one, but I prefer TW to Stock.
    12-21-2015 04:42 PM
    Got the Gold 64 GB Note 5 from tmo. It was even cheaper than I thought. It was only 670 (less than 32 gb models from other places). I will be keeping this one and sending the 6P back. I must be the only one, but I prefer TW to Stock.
    To be honest, after using the Note 5 for a while now, stock Marshmallow seems a bit bare and minimalist. I really like the little extras Samsung has put in TW. I miss TW when I use the 6P... I wasn't expecting this. I thought I would dislike all the extra bloat, but I was basing that on the older TW versions from Gingerbread.

So I got a V10 to try as well

It is a solid phone, heavy (I like that), replaceable battery, ir blaster, micro sd card, and the camera is awesome. Not sure about the second screen yet. Unfortunately I dislike the UI from LG. Everything is ridiculously big and blown up on the screen. Not as elegant as TW. I will probably return this.

I am wondering if I should return my international N5 and get a tmo Note 5, that way I could get Wifi calling, VoLTE, Samsung Pay, etc.

Did tmo add a lot of their apps to the Note? Did they disable app optimization that Samsung recently added? How do you like it so far?

$670 is a great price for the 64GB N5, and it looks like we can get 1 year of Netflix as well from tmo. Tempted to get this tomorrow...
    kj11 likes this.
    12-21-2015 06:50 PM
    To be honest, after using the Note 5 for a while now, stock Marshmallow seems a bit bare and minimalist. I really like the little extras Samsung has put in TW. I miss TW when I use the 6P... I wasn't expecting this. I thought I would dislike all the extra bloat, but I was basing that on the older TW versions from Gingerbread.

So I got a V10 to try as well

It is a solid phone, heavy (I like that), replaceable battery, ir blaster, micro sd card, and the camera is awesome. Not sure about the second screen yet. Unfortunately I dislike the UI from LG. Everything is ridiculously big and blown up on the screen. Not as elegant as TW. I will probably return this.

I am wondering if I should return my international N5 and get a tmo Note 5, that way I could get Wifi calling, VoLTE, Samsung Pay, etc.

Did tmo add a lot of their apps to the Note? Did they disable app optimization that Samsung recently added? How do you like it so far?

$670 is a great price for the 64GB N5, and it looks like we can get 1 year of Netflix as well from tmo. Tempted to get this tomorrow...
    I wish I can just give you a screen shot, but I am not allowed to post pictures for some reason...
    none of the bloat can be uninstalled, some can be disabled.
    A rough list. There's the tmo account, tmo tv, voicemail, a Microsoft suite (you get 2 years of 100 gb free storage to go with it), Google apps, Samsung Pay, s health, Samsung +, milk... Facebook comes with just the app icon so you have to install it yourself if you need it) disabled some but kept most because I use them anyway.
    All in all, it's about 1gb less free storage than the 64GB 6p, so it's really not bad. I thought less bloat would be more exciting, but it's really not a big deal for me anymore.
    ordivergens likes this.
    12-21-2015 07:14 PM
    App optimization is a go on tmo.
    I really like it. Felt right at home. The notification bar, the settings, the lock screen customizations, the briefing (yes, I actually use it), the beautiful design, the app folders... good to have these back.
    ordivergens likes this.
    12-21-2015 07:19 PM
    I wish I can just give you a screen shot, but I am not allowed to post pictures for some reason...
    none of the bloat can be uninstalled, some can be disabled.
    A rough list. There's the tmo account, tmo tv, voicemail, a Microsoft suite (you get 2 years of 100 gb free storage to go with it), Google apps, Samsung Pay, s health, Samsung +, milk... Facebook comes with just the app icon so you have to install it yourself if you need it) disabled some but kept most because I use them anyway.
    All in all, it's about 1gb less free storage than the 64GB 6p, so it's really not bad. I thought less bloat would be more exciting, but it's really not a big deal for me anymore.
    That's not too bad. I can live with that.

App optimization is a go on tmo.
    I really like it. Felt right at home. The notification bar, the settings, the lock screen customizations, the briefing (yes, I actually use it), the beautiful design, the app folders... good to have these back.
    Sounds great! Looks like tmo doesn't mess with the firmware as much as Verizon and AT&T like to do, so that is a good thing. I use the briefing as well .

Well, looks like I will be getting me a new N5 tomorrow .

6P, V10 and the international N5 are going back. I think I will keep the 950 XL, I am liking Windows 10 Mobile.
    12-21-2015 07:26 PM
    That's not too bad. I can live with that.

Sounds great! Looks like tmo doesn't mess with the firmware as much as Verizon and AT&T like to do, so that is a good thing. I use the briefing as well .

Well, looks like I will be getting me a new N5 tomorrow .

6P, V10 and the international N5 are going back. I think I will keep the 950 XL, I am liking Windows 10 Mobile.
    I hope I helped you choose the one that you really want.

I will stay clear of these forums after this. The Note was the phone I wanted for months, but then this forum happened and made me second guess myself.

Really happy to hold this in my hands. Next time, I will follow my own heart instead of letting others mess with it. <------ sorry for the cheese but it's true lol

Sent from my Note 5. Happy holidays!
    ordivergens likes this.
    12-21-2015 07:34 PM
129 ... 3456