12-20-2015 12:48 AM
60 123
tools
    the phone was $40 or the update? Would be pretty funny if they decided to charge for the updates that people are clamoring for.
    lol.The phone.
    10-27-2015 03:41 PM
    I'd consider a Turbo2, no wait.
    It's got carrier bloat. It has a locked bootloader.

Never mind......
    10-27-2015 04:44 PM
    Nope. I don't patronize liars.
    I must have missed something?
    10-27-2015 05:20 PM
    I must have missed something?
    Motorola not updating the Moto E after they promised updates well after you bought the phone.
    10-27-2015 05:39 PM
    First, thanks Ry for moving and re-titling this thread. I hadn't actually thought of it as a "war" thread, but I guess we had to start one somewhere.

And, what an eye opener about Motorola. I was aware of some of the issues raised so far, and I did notice the rather odd treatment of the OS during the launch event, but wasn't aware of any extreme delays in OS upgrades, or some of the other issues. Then again, I'm on Verizon, so I'm used to long delays in OS updates ..., and then having the updates break my phone once they push them out. Another reason I'm going Nexus this time ... unless the M10 is launched before the 6P arrives and actually possesses all the rumored features, which I highly doubt.

Now I just have to find some way to occupy my time until it's back in stock.

Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?

10-28-2015 05:01 AM
    I love my Droid Maxx (it's the best phone i have ever owned.)but Moto is not the same company anymore since google sold it.

That is why i'll be moving on to the Nexus program. I've had to many phone that have just sucked with no hopes of updates, and with a nexus phone they will do their best to work out the bugs. Plus i get to stay on the Verizon Network (works best for me). I will miss the Moto Connect software and texting from my computers hehe.

oh plus adjusting to new phone size will be fun:

Nexus 6P vs. DROID TURBO 2-capture.jpg
    Premium1 and dmark44 like this.
    10-28-2015 10:31 AM
    I love my Droid Maxx (it's the best phone i have ever owned.)but Moto is not the same company anymore since google sold it.

That is why i'll be moving on to the Nexus program. I've had to many phone that have just sucked with no hopes of updates, and with a nexus phone they will do their best to work out the bugs. Plus i get to stay on the Verizon Network (work best for me). I will miss the Moto Connect software and texting from my computers hehe.

oh plus adjusting to new phone size will be fun:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	225.6 KB 
ID:	203418
    Moto Connect's Chrome Extension isn't available for the new Motorola devices going forward.
    Laura Knotek and polar135 like this.
    10-28-2015 11:38 AM
    Silence = silence. Not listed here. They could've said something, anything. Just silence.

Feel free to assume. You know what happens when...
    This makes the mistake of thinking Motorola has anything to do with the software or services on a phone built to Verizon specifications.
    Laura Knotek, Ry and co.ag.2005 like this.
    10-28-2015 11:56 AM
    Another in the list of Motorola slow updates (though Verizon could have something to do with it) - the Droid Maxx. We were promised Lollipop. Still sitting on 4.4.4, and nothing but silence as far as I've heard from Moto. I'm still very tempted by the Turbo2. I'd probably have already ordered a Nexus 6P if I could do the payment plan via Verizon. Still debating whether to scrounge the cash for an outright purchase, but being able to pay for the Turbo2 over 2 years interest free is tempting.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-28-2015 01:30 PM
    Nice pic for size comparison. I'm switching from the Maxx to 6P as well. Needed something foxfi worked on and I'm not a big fan of manufacturer's skins. Figured I'd give Nexus a try since it looks like a pretty solid phone and can be used with big red.

For texting on the computer get the Verizon messenger if you can. I've been using it for quite a while now. I was hesitent at first since it's Verizon, but it is really good and you can sync messages to a tablet or pc
    10-28-2015 02:25 PM
    This makes the mistake of thinking Motorola has anything to do with the software or services on a phone built to Verizon specifications.
    You mean like the OG Turbo, which Motorola does speak for on it's update page?

...adding, either way, VZW or Moto, silence is still silence. Buyer beware.
    10-28-2015 02:44 PM
    You mean like the OG Turbo, which Motorola does speak for on it's update page?

...adding, either way, VZW or Moto, silence is still silence. Buyer beware.
    Anything on Motorola's support pages for a Droid branded phone was placed there by Verizon. Motorola can't even mention the word Droid without permission.
    10-28-2015 02:45 PM
    For texting on the computer get the Verizon messenger if you can. I've been using it for quite a while now. I was hesitent at first since it's Verizon, but it is really good and you can sync messages to a tablet or pc
    I think you mean Verizon Messages and yes it's very good. Feature rich, very customizable and syncs across Android, iOS, Windows and Mac platforms.
    10-28-2015 02:49 PM
    do they have chrome app or do i need to be signed into the website to use VZW Messenger?
    10-28-2015 03:08 PM
    do they have chrome app or do i need to be signed into the website to use VZW Messenger?
    I believe they now have stand alone apps for install on Windows and OSX. Haven't used them so can't vouch for them. Or you can do web-based sign-in on the VZW website.
    polar135 likes this.
    10-28-2015 03:28 PM
    The Moto phones have offered some features in the past that intrigued me, plus the rumored extra large battery and MicroSD card slot further piqued my interest. But, after having watched the launch, a first hands on video, and looking at the spec's, I have actually been pushed farther toward the 6P. I think the T2 will be a fine device and offers some very nice features, but compared with the 6P it just looks ... clunky. Plus, no Marshmallow and just seeing all the bloatware on the screenshots made me cringe. Based on the reviews I've been seeing, I think the 6P is more what I'm looking for ..., plus it's damn sexay. As soon as it's back in stock, I'm ordering one of these bad boys.

Now I just have to decide which color ..., White ... Aluminum ...?

Anyone else have similar or different reactions?
    With how updates were somewhat slowed on the turbo, I decided to stick with nexus on this one. Droids look nice, but nothing that really wow'd me. Not to mention that huge verizon logo on the front. Plus who knows how long lenovo will actually support the device, they are already dropping support after like a year on the moto x on most carriers.
    10-28-2015 04:59 PM
    Well so much for Motorola being the unsung darling of tech enthusiast sites that it was for about a year or two during the OG Moto-X days I guess. Thanks for the memories Motorola, so long Motolenovo
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-28-2015 05:05 PM
    If this was two months after Marshmallow launched, then one could be reasonably upset. But it's not. So it's just more of complaining for the sake of complaining.
    When HTC is releasing a phone with Marshmallow before you, then these people have a reason to complain, especially with moto and their "almost stock" experience.
    Robisan likes this.
    10-28-2015 05:14 PM
    Another in the list of Motorola slow updates (though Verizon could have something to do with it) - the Droid Maxx. We were promised Lollipop. Still sitting on 4.4.4, and nothing but silence as far as I've heard from Moto. I'm still very tempted by the Turbo2. I'd probably have already ordered a Nexus 6P if I could do the payment plan via Verizon. Still debating whether to scrounge the cash for an outright purchase, but being able to pay for the Turbo2 over 2 years interest free is tempting.
    You can finance via huawei.com for nexus 6P
    10-28-2015 05:28 PM
    When HTC is releasing a phone with Marshmallow before you, then these people have a reason to complain, especially with moto and their "almost stock" experience.
    What do you count as released?

HTC One A9 is a pre-order right now.

DROID MAXX 2 and DROID TURBO will be in customer hands tomorrow, 10/29.
    10-28-2015 05:41 PM
    What do you count as released?

HTC One A9 is a pre-order right now.

DROID MAXX 2 and DROID TURBO will be in customer hands tomorrow, 10/29.
    That still doesn't change anything. I get it, you're a moto die hard, doesn't change the fact that moto has dropped the ball, and just so happened to be right when the lenovo deal was finalized.
    10-28-2015 06:33 PM
    You can finance via huawei.com for nexus 6P
    I didn't realize that, but I really hate paying interest, so I probably would still just find the cash if I go with the 6P. If I go with the Turbo2, Verizon spreads out the payments and does no interest, so there's almost no reason not to do that.
    10-28-2015 07:07 PM
    I didn't realize that, but I really hate paying interest, so I probably would still just find the cash if I go with the 6P. If I go with the Turbo2, Verizon spreads out the payments and does no interest, so there's almost no reason not to do that.
    Eh yeah. But it's verizon and updates... But i usually save up and then have the money to pay it. Agree, hate paying interest, so rarely, if ever use the credit part of it. But both devices will be solid choices. Can't go wrong with either.
    10-28-2015 07:29 PM
    Eh yeah. But it's verizon and updates... But i usually save up and then have the money to pay it. Agree, hate paying interest, so rarely, if ever use the credit part of it. But both devices will be solid choices. Can't go wrong with either.
    10-28-2015 07:30 PM
    That still doesn't change anything. I get it, you're a moto die hard, doesn't change the fact that moto has dropped the ball, and just so happened to be right when the lenovo deal was finalized.
    I'm not saying they didn't.

Still - DROID TURBO 2 launching with Lollipop less than a month after Marshmallow became official is not the big deal people are making it out to be.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2015 09:37 PM
60 123