12-20-2015 12:48 AM
60 123
tools
    For me, carrier bloatware, contracts, and no updates is a deal-breaker. Until my N6P arrives, I am rockn' a OnePlus One - best phone I have ever had...
    The One plus one is the the "Best phone you ever had" and you are giving it up? or is this a second phone?
    10-29-2015 07:33 AM
    I didn't realize that, but I really hate paying interest, so I probably would still just find the cash if I go with the 6P. If I go with the Turbo2, Verizon spreads out the payments and does no interest, so there's almost no reason not to do that.
    Verizon just sent me an email stating that I can trade in my Note 4 for up to $300, I would rather have a 6P than go through another round of the Update Waiting Game with Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2015 08:41 AM
    I'm not saying they didn't.

Still - DROID TURBO 2 launching with Lollipop less than a month after Marshmallow became official is not the big deal people are making it out to be.

I mostly agree. The concerning part is their avoiding the topic. I feel confident they will get marshmallow on the device, but their lack of talking about it makes me think it's probably not going to be super soon.
    10-29-2015 09:00 AM
    I been pondering over the 2 phones for a while, I mean both are highly spec. phones with ambled displays and latest processors,the nexus get faster updates and same stereo front facing speakers than those on the turbo 2. The turbo gets a shatterproof display and customizability, which you got to admit ballistic nylon always been sexy. The nexus does have a cheaper price than the nexus and marshmallow out of the box as well as USB C. And the turbo has wireless charging as well as moto voice. Decisions decisions, anybody would shed some light, is difficult to decide on a phone when there are so many good ones on the market.
    10-29-2015 12:52 PM
    Have no strong opinion about the so-called shatterproof display (noted liar Motorola's claim, so who knows - maybe awesome, maybe BS) but the Gorilla Glass 4 in the 6P looks pretty awesome. Check out the bend test (starts at the 5:00 mark) in this video:

10-29-2015 01:19 PM
    I been pondering over the 2 phones for a while, I mean both are highly spec. phones with ambled displays and latest processors,the nexus get faster updates and same stereo front facing speakers than those on the turbo 2. The turbo gets a shatterproof display and customizability, which you got to admit ballistic nylon always been sexy. The nexus does have a cheaper price than the nexus and marshmallow out of the box as well as USB C. And the turbo has wireless charging as well as moto voice. Decisions decisions, anybody would shed some light, is difficult to decide on a phone when there are so many good ones on the market.
    I had kind of forgotten about the "always listening" features of the Motos. I guess I kind of take it for granted now with my Maxx. I think I would seriously miss it on another phone, so it's a big plus in the Turbo2's favor IMO. It's a feature that is truly useful (at least to me) on a daily basis.
    Sniper1087 likes this.
    10-29-2015 01:42 PM
    I'm not saying they didn't.

Still - DROID TURBO 2 launching with Lollipop less than a month after Marshmallow became official is not the big deal people are making it out to be.

Yeah because you act like lenovo hasn't had access to Lollipop for much longer than "a month"
    10-29-2015 08:32 PM
    Yeah because you act like lenovo hasn't had access to Lollipop for much longer than "a month"
    Sure. Let's put an unfinished operating system through all the testing required for Verizon to release their phone.
    10-29-2015 09:48 PM
    I know for you guys in the States the DT is filled with bloatware but it would be good to hear opinions on the unlocked sim free versions as the DT is an X Force in the UK and is sim free, I am torn between the two of them I haven't owned a Moto before and I really like the idea of the phone always listening and also the way it knows you are driving now that is great

I admit the 6P is better looking and the Force doesn't have stereo speakers and the front top and bottom is a bit ugly with sensors etc but that bigger Force battery is really appealing and I could use the Force without a case but I feel the 6P would need one as I just feel that it won't wear that well with everyday use!
    11-29-2015 05:30 AM
    Have no strong opinion about the so-called shatterproof display (noted liar Motorola's claim, so who knows - maybe awesome, maybe BS) but the Gorilla Glass 4 in the 6P looks pretty awesome. Check out the bend test (starts at the 5:00 mark) in this video:

Doesn't look like BS according to this...

http://phandroid.com/2015/12/18/moto...op-test-video/
    12-20-2015 12:48 AM
60 123