Nexus 6P vs iPhone 6s

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Stable video with ois is essential for my phone specs. I have noticed on most of the 6p reviews they talk about the camera but hardly mention the video. On the S6 it's pretty smooth with some jelly wobble. If you're a video lover stick with the iPhone.

dreaming of electric sheep

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The beautiful thing is we have choices. Which ever phone or platform ticks off more boxes for you, go with it.

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
The beautiful thing is we have choices. Which ever phone or platform ticks off more boxes for you, go with it.

Exactly. So many choices. And a year or 2 later most of us do it all over again. No reason to let it consume too much of you. Enjoy.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Definitely agree with this. I use iPhone alongside my Android devices (although I am seriously contemplating a port to project fi). It's always nice to have choices. What works for you may not work for everyone else.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Can't say anything about the camera app since the 6P takes good enough pics and stuff for me for casual everyday pic taking, but I also don't rely on a phone when I want perfect, configurable images because I use my dedicated camera for that, but if I didn't like the implementation of an app on Android or IOS I would be on the developer to improve the app, not get rid of the phone.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Native twitter apps are crap on both platforms. Use tweetbot or tweeterrific on iOS, Fenix or Talon on Android.

For Facebook honestly I feel both are similar.

Video editing apps, yeah iOS is better.

Jmaxku

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I love this Nexus 6P. It's fast, fingerprint reader is awesome, android pay is so cool and easy to use with the fingerprint reader. Still camera is really good. Only a couple of things that aren't as good as my 6S Plus.

Video camera. It's slightly wobbly, the 6S Plus is super stable and is better.
iMovie. NO real good video editing solution on the Nexus yet. I'm not talking masterpieces, just being able to bunch a few clips together with music would be good for me.
Camera app. Stil a bit slower to use than the 6S Plus camera app, but not bad.
Facebook and Twitter apps. Is it just me or are the FB/Twitter iOS apps so vastly superior to Android versions? For the most part, it's because they put the buttons on the bottom of the screen instead of at the very top.

So really for those three reasons I'm still on the fence about keeping this Nexus. It's the best Nexus ever and I've had every one so it'd be weird for me to stick with the iPhone. Anything that might change my qualms?

It makes sense that you wear fedoras.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I love this Nexus 6P. It's fast, fingerprint reader is awesome, android pay is so cool and easy to use with the fingerprint reader. Still camera is really good. Only a couple of things that aren't as good as my 6S Plus.

Video camera. It's slightly wobbly, the 6S Plus is super stable and is better.
iMovie. NO real good video editing solution on the Nexus yet. I'm not talking masterpieces, just being able to bunch a few clips together with music would be good for me.
Camera app. Stil a bit slower to use than the 6S Plus camera app, but not bad.
Facebook and Twitter apps. Is it just me or are the FB/Twitter iOS apps so vastly superior to Android versions? For the most part, it's because they put the buttons on the bottom of the screen instead of at the very top.

So really for those three reasons I'm still on the fence about keeping this Nexus. It's the best Nexus ever and I've had every one so it'd be weird for me to stick with the iPhone. Anything that might change my qualms?

I think the user experience you're after ultimately depends on your use case and naturally will differ from others. I wish others would be a little more open minded about this even though this is ANDROID Central.

If you spend a fair amount of your time using social media like Facebook and Twitter, then it makes sense that you would want what you consider to be a good experience from using those apps. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Some people don't use these much or don't use them from their phones. That, however, doesn't make the opinions of someone who does use these apps frequently on their phone any less valid. I've used these apps on both platforms and agree with OP that these apps are better on iOS, in my opinion. The iOS Facebook app is so good that I rarely ever use FB from my computer. I find that the Android FB app lags significantly behind. I don't use the regular Twitter app on either platform. I use Tweetbot, which I've found to be hands down the best Twitter experience. It's only available on iOS, and though Android has some like Fenix and Talon that come close, none match Tweetbot.

Again, you shouldn't be attacked, or have to apologize for stating your opinion. We're adults here. People have different use cases and value different things in a phone. Some people don't want to live without file management system access on their phone or a notification light or they plain prefer more customizability options. Other people don't want to live without a full featured messaging platform that's baked in at the OS level like iMessage or day 1 OTA software updates or a low maintenance overall user experience where they feel like things "just work." To each their own. Use what works best for you.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone isn't better objectively. But for him personally maybe it is. For those of you who say all phone preferences are subjective, no they aren't. If he had wrote "The Amazon Fire phone is the best phone on the market" you'd all be spitting coffee on your keyboard laughing. If he had said "The Amazon Fire phone is the best phone on the market for my personal use" that would be different. However he didn't say that in the thread title, but he did kind of allude to it in the body of his post but not clearly. Hence why some of you are upset I suppose.

None of his qualms are important to me so I do disagree with him. In my opinion, the 6p is the first Android phone that easily rivals the iPhone for both hardware and software quality. I won't say either phone is better because both have their strong and weak points but both fall under which OS you prefer to use, not the actual phone itself.

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 6p or iPhone 6s Plus

I love the premium build of both phones, but love to personalize my phone. I've been reading of people's nexuses (nexi?) randomly cracking. And I don't want that to happen. Since I currently have the iPhone 6s Plus. I love the camera and music. Those two things are crucial. Now, which would you prefer?

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 6p or IPhone 6s Plus

I currently have the iPhone 6s Plus, I love the music and the camera. I adore the premium build, which the nexus also has. I want a nexus because I want to customize my phone and make it look nice, I love the build of it. However, people are saying that the glass spontaneously cracks? I'm worried about that. Which one would you pick? (My only option is one or the other)

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6p or IPhone 6s Plus

I currently have the iPhone 6s Plus, I love the music and the camera. I adore the premium build, which the nexus also has. I want a nexus because I want to customize my phone and make it look nice, I love the build of it. However, people are saying that the glass spontaneously cracks? I'm worried about that. Which one would you pick? (My only option is one or the other)

I wouldn't base your choice on rumors about the glass spontaneously cracking. At seems like a stretch to me.

There are plenty of other differences to consider.

I bought both so I could put them dude by side and decide. The 6P went back.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

That is a myth that has long been debunked. There are even videos of it withstanding 200 degree temperature changes over just a few seconds time with zero issues. A few people either had defective phones, or unknowingly cracked their rear-glass visor - no big deal. I've already had my 6P in and out of 50-60 degree rapid temperature changes multiple times with zero issues. Seriously, don't worry about it. You bought an iPhone 6S even with the serious overheating & battery drain issues, the 6P doesn't have anything like that ;)

I had my 6P next to a 6S Plus and the 6P did everything noticeably faster except load a couple games and cold-boot from a powered down state. Opening regular apps, switching between apps, loading content heavy apps & web pages, web browsing, etc. was all appreciably faster on the 6P. Fingerprint reader speed is about the same (instant). Camera is objectively better on the 6P. 6P has a *way* better screen, not to mention bigger, with the same device footprint as the 6S+. Speakers on the 6P are a lot better.

Mostly it comes down to your preference between Android and iOS, because both are premium phones. Having full control over your phone rather than what Apple tells you is best for you is a huge draw to Android. Beyond that, if you are concerned with hardware features (screen, speakers, camera, etc.) the 6P comes out on top pretty well everywhere but neither is going to disappoint.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site

That is a myth that has long been debunked. There are even videos of it withstanding 200 degree temperature changes over just a few seconds time with zero issues. A few people either had defective phones, or unknowingly cracked their rear-glass visor - no big deal. I've already had my 6P in and out of 50-60 degree rapid temperature changes multiple times with zero issues. Seriously, don't worry about it. You bought an iPhone 6S even with the serious overheating & battery drain issues, the 6P doesn't have anything like that ;)

I had my 6P next to a 6S Plus and the 6P did everything noticeably faster except load a couple games and cold-boot from a powered down state. Opening regular apps, switching between apps, loading content heavy apps & web pages, web browsing, etc. was all appreciably faster on the 6P. Fingerprint reader speed is about the same (instant). Camera is objectively better on the 6P. 6P has a *way* better screen, not to mention bigger, with the same device footprint as the 6S+. Speakers on the 6P are a lot better.

Mostly it comes down to your preference between Android and iOS, because both are premium phones. Having full control over your phone rather than what Apple tells you is best for you is a huge draw to Android. Beyond that, if you are concerned with hardware features (screen, speakers, camera, etc.) the 6P comes out on top pretty well everywhere but neither is going to disappoint.

Speaking of a slower cold boot between the two phones, I think the issue is that the 6P has the phone encrypted out of the box (it sets it up automatically on first setup) which will cause a slower boot up. I'm not sure is the iPhone is encrypted out of the box but if it isn't, then that's why there is a boot up speed difference. The phone has to go through a decryption process first in order to boot up.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Well I am some what biased since I like Android more than iOS. Not saying I hate iOS but .. I just prefer to not use it. For me it is the 6P. I absolutely love this phone.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

there is no proof for that spontaneous crack and it came from just few Reddit thread. Its easy to troll on Reddit btw.

It comes down to preference between your OS. I find android more flexible. I use a mac and ipad.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I have both and use the 6P all the time. I almost never use my 6S+ any more.

Hardware-wise they each are excellent phones. Both have excellent cameras and perform very well. Overall what keeps me coming back to the 6P is similar to what the OP says, I really appreciate the flexibility of android. I keep hitting walls in iOS, like they now finally yet you use 3rd party keyboards, but those 3rd party keyboards aren't used everywhere, and sometimes the Apple keyboard shows up. Or, just the monotone/boring grid of containers and icons, with no widgets except in dropdown menu.

Marshmallow brings the best performance yet to Android, and the best power management, so that eliminates two major reasons I might have looked to pick up my iPhone instead of prior Android phones I had.

I use it with no case, it's holding up great, no screen cracks or anything! ;-) (Oh, and my cats and myself have knocked it to the floor a couple times, so it's had a few impromptu durability tests already)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463