HTC Inspire Vs. Motorola Atrix

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
No No Im not comparing these two beautiful phone against each other, all I want to know is what made you choose the HTC Inspire over getting the Atrix? I bought my Inspire yesterday and love it but still thinking and wondering if I made the right decision. Oh and i work for AT&T so Im looking at phones all day.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I like HTC's build quality and general overall function than Motorola. I've had Motorola products in the past and not impressed. Also I bought mine off contract so $400 is better than paying probably the estimated $600 price for the Atrix. I may also pick up the Atrix cause of the features too but not sure. I have 30 days to return back to Best Buy.

MarkPharaoh

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Atrix is $500 for pre-order I believe.

I'm going for the Inspire for one main thing: custom ROMs. Already a large head start with the DHD that should be easily ported to the Inspire. That along with the accessories that I definitely will not pay for and a locked bootlocker will keep me away from the Atrix. There will be plenty of other dual-core phones to jump on by summer time I'd imagine.

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I chose the inspire becsuse i wanted to play w/ it until the atrix came out. But now i have desided im not going to get the atrix. This phone is great and does everything i need it to.fast, looks good, call quality is good, etc, etc. I wouldnt use the dock w/ the atrix and also the price is to high, when im home i use my laptop anyways. They could of easily got $200 for the inspire imo.

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Atrix is $500 for pre-order I believe.

I'm going for the Inspire for one main thing: custom ROMs. Already a large head start with the DHD that should be easily ported to the Inspire. That along with the accessories that I definitely will not pay for and a locked bootlocker will keep me away from the Atrix. There will be plenty of other dual-core phones to jump on by summer time I'd imagine.

This was the same thing I was thinking

Chrizmo64

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't even paid attention to the Inspire at first. I was considering both the Atrix, and the Captivate (which is kind of old, I know). The Atrix blew me away when I saw the laptop dock etc, but apart from that and the semi-impressive hardware, I didn't really have any other reason that I had to have it. Once the price for the laptop dock was revealed, I had almost 100% decided to get a Captivate since A) I could get it right away (instant gratification ftw.) B) A coworker had one and i spent forever messing with it and was really impressed and C) it's cheaper.

The morning before I was going to get my new phone, I happened upon a review for the captivate and at the bottom it had a link to the Inspire, I read that, watched vids on the Inspire, and was blown away. The $99 price tag via ATT sealed the deal.

No regrets whatsoever here. The phone is amazing. I've had it for 1 day and I don't miss my iPhone a bit.

TripperGetem

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm buying my Inspire next monday. But the reasons I chose the Inspire over the Atrix is for the bigger screen (4.3" vs. 4"), I have BEEN waiting for a great HTC phone to hit AT&T, (was considering the Aria back in September but it was just too small and I ended up choosing the Captivate.) I really don't care for MotoBlur at all, nor Motorola in general. I will have no use for any of the accessories with the Atrix, dock etc. The only thing i like more about the Atrix is the front facing camera, but I can live without that.

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm buying my Inspire next monday. But the reasons I chose the Inspire over the Atrix is for the bigger screen (4.3" vs. 4"), I have BEEN waiting for a great HTC phone to hit AT&T, (was considering the Aria back in September but it was just too small and I ended up choosing the Captivate.) I really don't care for MotoBlur at all, nor Motorola in general. I will have no use for any of the accessories with the Atrix, dock etc. The only thing i like more about the Atrix is the front facing camera, but I can live without that.

I have until mid-march until I upgrade and leave my ancient bb 9000...and i keep going back and forth between these 2 phones. I don't care about the laptop doc, this being my first android... what do I base my decision on?
The way i was approaching it is.. i want a phone with plenty of space i can get apps downloaded on, hotspot option if i'm in a pinch and need it (both have that), display..if the display is there Moto cut back on..how big a difference is there between the Inspire and Atrix, or where will you see the difference?
I guess just trying to find a deciding factor on what to base my decision on.
Thanks

Jim

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I was going to get the Atrix until I saw the price for the accessories. I got the Inspire and I couldn't be happier. I've messed around with the Sense UI before and I found it is very easy to use and navigate around. I've always heard great things about HTC and their upgrades and build quality.

bfrank

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
$400 of contract and HTC's more open hardware history + HTC Sence.

Really wanted the Atrix but the day the $400 price was announced I know this was a better path. Now I am free to upgrade at the end of the year to a real LTE 4G phone once these role out. They will all be on par or better then the Atrix. Plus the totally screwed up pricing on the Atrix sealed the deal.

Thought the Inspire might be too big but I am finding its perfect size and fits perfect in my pocket.

thatguyjeff

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Inspire is my first android phone ever. I switched from Sprint - Palm Pre.

I considered the Atrix. The big factor for me is that I had no intention of getting any of the Atrix docks. My understanding is that's where the Atrix really shines - with their docks and whatnot. I just wanted a smartphone.

That with the price difference - and having read some good reviews about the HTC Sense apps and whatnot - seemed like a no brainer for me. Plus I needed to buy two phones (one for the Mrs.). Two Atrix phones was just too expensive for us and seemed like a bit of a waste considering we wouldn't be using them to their fullest capability anyway (no docks).

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Inspire is my first android phone ever. I switched from Sprint - Palm Pre.

I considered the Atrix. The big factor for me is that I had no intention of getting any of the Atrix docks. My understanding is that's where the Atrix really shines - with their docks and whatnot. I just wanted a smartphone.

That with the price difference - and having read some good reviews about the HTC Sense apps and whatnot - seemed like a no brainer for me. Plus I needed to buy two phones (one for the Mrs.). Two Atrix phones was just too expensive for us and seemed like a bit of a waste considering we wouldn't be using them to their fullest capability anyway (no docks).

I agree with your reasoning. To me the biggest selling point for the Atrix is probably the screen res. Are you really getting your monies worth if you don't do the whole accessories thing?

After playing with my Inspire over the weekend, I can't see the need for or how anything could be faster in use interface wise.

One other thing to consider is bugs. I think the Inspire may have a screen rotation issue & this was noted in a pro review (that I wasn't aware of) & I've returned one because of it. I'm not trying to start anything here but the Atrix was actually called ?buggy? & several issues were listed in a pro review. Now, that may have been a pre-production example. I don't know.

Something to consider...

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree with your reasoning. To me the biggest selling point for the Atrix is probably the screen res. Are you really getting your monies worth if you don't do the whole accessories thing?

After playing with my Inspire over the weekend, I can't see the need for or how anything could be faster in use interface wise.

One other thing to consider is bugs. I think the Inspire may have a screen rotation issue & this was noted in a pro review (that I wasn't aware of) & I've returned one because of it. I'm not trying to start anything here but the Atrix was actually called ?buggy? & several issues were listed in a pro review. Now, that may have been a pre-production example. I don't know.

Something to consider...

I'm sure there will be a bug or 2 in most new things...they happen, nobody is perfect..as long as they are addressed soon after :) i'm more of substance than looks...will prob root it to get hotspot working on it with out having to pay the extra fee...and to be able to put plenty of apps on it..i know you don't need root, but not sure if there are any good free ones that will allow secure/https connections..won't need it that often, it would be handy to have/available instead of having to drag laptop all the time..emergency use only..

TripperGetem

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
if the display is there Moto cut back on..how big a difference is there between the Inspire and Atrix, or where will you see the difference?

Jim

Well, let's say for example, since you probably can't play with an Atrix at AT&T yet as there are no display models out (atleast not at mine), Play with a Samsung Captivate for a while. Captivate & Atrix both have 4" displays. Play a game on the Captivate, go to a few web pages on the captivate, etc.
Then, play the SAME game on the Inspire, and visit the same web pages on the Inspire, with the bigger screen, and you will notice the difference.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Having used and played with both i have really come to like the Inspire. The reasons..... bigger screen , and in a weird way the inspire screen to me is much clearer even though the ATRIX screen is 960x540 there is a weird pixelation thing that drives me nuts. Also i love sense UI hate motoblur. The only reason i would consider getting the atrix is for the DOCK and at 400.00 no way not worth it. The ATRIX dual core is nice... but isnt utilized unless your using the doc. and really i feel the inspire is as fast ( better optimized software for the given hardware)

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Having used and played with both i have really come to like the Inspire. The reasons..... bigger screen , and in a weird way the inspire screen to me is much clearer even though the ATRIX screen is 960x540 there is a weird pixelation thing that drives me nuts. Also i love sense UI hate motoblur. The only reason i would consider getting the atrix is for the DOCK and at 400.00 no way not worth it. The ATRIX dual core is nice... but isnt utilized unless your using the doc. and really i feel the inspire is as fast ( better optimized software for the given hardware)

1) Have you even used the atrix? How can you compare the inspire to a device you have never used?

2)Tegra 2 is a beast and should not be taken likely. The processing power boost and Tegra Zone will be a big advantage for the Atrix over other android phones for a while.

grasstrout

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
as much as i love sense and the inspire, it doesn't have a front facing camera and it's not dual core...i hate using my update on something that's not top of the line so i'm can't decide if i will exchange the inspire for the atrix when it drops

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
1) Have you even used the atrix? How can you compare the inspire to a device you have never used?

2)Tegra 2 is a beast and should not be taken likely. The processing power boost and Tegra Zone will be a big advantage for the Atrix over other android phones for a while.

If you read my post ....

yes i have used both, the atrix for a week and now the inspire. And yes the tegra 2 is very nice, but currently nothing is utilizing it. was the phone fast, heck yes, was it much faster than the inspire, not from what i used. Although i will say the web rendering was much faster on the atrix.