I'm leaving the Galaxy S6 Edge+ for the iPhone

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know. Good Riddance. If anyone cares, here's why:

I really really really wanted to keep the Sammy S6 Edge +. Really, but I can't stand the battery life. It's worse than any Android phone I've had since the Droid Charge (which was also a Sammy device). Yes. I've FDR'ed it several times. I even made sure it was updated. I've done everything I can short of turning things off to improve battery life. Why should I turn things off? I want GPS active the entire day. I want my Bluetooth on. Why sacrifice that which makes it a Smartphone when I don't have to.

Here's yesterday's account:
  • I took the iPhone off the charger yesterday at 0430.
  • I watched 2+ hours of Netflix throughout the day.
  • My mom had knee replacement surgery, so I've been calling and talking to her every day. Yesterday we talked for over an hour on my way home from work.
  • I played several games on the phone, Words with Friends, Phrase Wheel, Trivia Crack, and even WSOP Poker several times throughout the day and into the evening.
  • Then I used it as a hotspot for 2+ hours before finally going to bed around 8pm.

All of this I did without turning anything off. GPS stayed on the entire time. It was a normal day at work. No special tweaks.

The iPhone's battery was at 42%! 42! My Sammy would have been dead by the time I got home from work. No hotspot. No evening games. Nothing. It'd have to be plugged in as soon as I arrived, but actually, the hour call to mom wouldn't have lasted an hour.

I just couldn't take it any longer. I had to go back to the iPhone. It works really really great, so I'm all happy now. Well, until the iPhone 7 gets released...

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Do what makes you happy. No one really cares.

Posted via the Android Central App
Lol. That's mean. I do however, wonder why people feel the need to write a break up letter.

I think the OP has a rogue app, or a bad device. I am extremely happy with the battery life on my E+.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Lol. That's mean. I do however, wonder why people feel the need to write a break up letter.

I think the OP has a rogue app, or a bad device. I am extremely happy with the battery life on my E+.

Can't be. FDR wipes out all apps and it still sucks. I've always written a breakup letter. ;)

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
This phone has beaten my old iphone 5s, the droid turbo and the samsung Gs6 in terms of battery life.

Your depiction of iphone battery life sounds fake anyway. Seriously.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is fantastic. No matter how much I use it during the day, I have charge remaining at the end of the day. I surf, stream Google Play Music for several hours, watch some hockey via the NHL app, etc. No complaints here. It's basically equal to my wife's iPhone 6s.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is fantastic. No matter how much I use it during the day, I have charge remaining at the end of the day. I surf, stream Google Play Music for several hours, watch some hockey via the NHL app, etc. No complaints here. It's basically equal to my wife's iPhone 6s.

Yes. It's equal to my old iPhone 6, but the 6 Plus lasts longer with a bigger battery. My point is that the Edge + has an even bigger battery then those and should be lasting even longer. If yours is comparable with your wife's, then you further prove my point.

GeneralDreedle

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
First full day with this phone for me, at noon I had 100% after a charge, lasted till 8 pm with 10% with a fair amount of screen time during the afternoon.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes. It's equal to my old iPhone 6, but the 6 Plus lasts longer with a bigger battery. My point is that the Edge + has an even bigger battery then those and should be lasting even longer. If yours is comparable with your wife's, then you further prove my point.

this is because Samsung has horrible Radio signal quality, which in turn makes the phone work harder to get a signal making the battery suck. So glad I sold my S6 edge+, worst and laggiest phone I ever had, had to do a factory reset / cache wipe every few days just to make it run at a bearable level. That, and the Samsung bloatware has become beyond bearable.

skid_

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Loving the phone, cannot help keep picking up and feeling the quality and the display is awesome. No lag, easy to use, and great wireless charging.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I also always wonder why people feel the need to post these notes saying goodbye, they're leaving, etcetera. I mean if you were an important person to us, it might make sense, but I think most of us have no idea who you are, so it really doesn't matter to us. For what it's worth, I personally could never give up the battery features on the edge plus such as wireless charging and fast charging to go to any device without them. But that's just me.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to see ya go. Always good insight and willing to help everyone. Hope the iPhone works out exactly how you want it to. See you at the next forum.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to see ya go. Always good insight and willing to help everyone. Hope the iPhone works out exactly how you want it to. See you at the next forum.

I'll hang out and try not to bash. I do have quite a bit of experience, so I'll drop by from time to time.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I also always wonder why people feel the need to post these notes saying goodbye, they're leaving, etcetera. I mean if you were an important person to us, it might make sense, but I think most of us have no idea who you are, so it really doesn't matter to us. For what it's worth, I personally could never give up the battery features on the edge plus such as wireless charging and fast charging to go to any device without them. But that's just me.

I get it and I hear you, but I have been a contributor to many threads in this forum. Why did I say I'm leaving? I guess because I wanted people (those who post a lot in this forum) to know why I quit posting. Bashing the battery was not my intension. It was just my reason for leaving. If you're happy with the battery life, great!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
...horrible Radio signal quality, which in turn makes the phone work harder to get a signal making the battery suck...

I'm pretty sure there's something to that. ^^^ I have horrible reception in my office no matter the phone, so it drains Android batteries. The iOS phones seem to be unaffected for whatever the reason. I am sure that's why I'm getting a lot longer life out of my iPhone.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there's something to that. ^^^ I have horrible reception in my office no matter the phone, so it drains Android batteries. The iOS phones seem to be unaffected for whatever the reason. I am sure that's why I'm getting a lot longer life out of my iPhone.

And how's the fast charging on the iPhone?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

True I noticed that too on my previous iPhone 6S, battery life easily lasted me 2 days on the iPhone 6s, mind you , I was lucky to get the iPhone 6S with the TSMC chip not the Samsung CPU, the TSMC variant runs much cooler and has 15% more battery life than the Samsung variant of the iPhone 6S

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01