Pros and Cons LG V10 v iPhone 6S Plus

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Besides the battery and micro SD what do you think? 6S+ costs is $5 /mo more for 30mos and $8.50 for 128GB. Close focus on the camera goes to the 6S Plus or it's close. What about customer service? Samsung's stinks. Now that I found out Google is screwing us on taxes too, Apple is more American. They all need to be slapped down but Apple is no worse than any of them

Posted via the Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I can only comment on the customer service side of things. Apple's is going to be the best out of the major OEMs. Easy to get help both in store and on their website through chat.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you know unless you jailbreak the iPhone, you have to register a credit card with Apple to download a FREE app? Customer service? Never really had to deal with the manufacturer, but that isn't the question, is it? Because the Apple store near you may be the greatest place on earth, but the one near me may be a he11 hole. Just like the CSR on the phone, they may have gotten more than they could enjoy the night before, or they could have received the cold shoulder. But this about the phones, so you believe a 12mp apple camera is better than a 16mp camera in the V10? I am going to have to test that out when my V10 come in. Oh, and the first two items is a "Deal Killer" for me, I had the Samsung Note Edge. The insurance company (Square Trade) is sending me the money to buy a new phone. You figure since I have the Note 4 Edge, I would go with the Note 5. Well I do love the S-Pen, but Samsung decided to follow Apple and remove the sd slot and not make the battery changeable. Which is the DEAL KILLER. And before this thread is deleted, I must say, I believe you may be a iphonemaniac!! I think they have a forum for post like this: Phone-wars And before you think I am a Android fanatic, I really like Windows Phone, but they don't have the app market. I liked iPhone for it's simplicity and now it's more customizing ability. (But not as much customization as an Android phone) But the tech is still a little behind. It's still last years phone. Have a nice day... Enjoy paying more for less of a phone...

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Got rid of my iPhone 6s plus

And picked up the v10. Hoping it's the one to keep me away from the iPhone. Has anyone else done the same ?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Got rid of my iPhone 6s plus

I had an iPhone 5C for the longest time. In April 2015' I switched to an Xperia Z3v and really liked it a lot. Sadly I destroyed it after 40 days and had to revert back to the iphone. Upgraded to the v10 on the last day of 2015.

I am keeping my fingers crossed this time.

I like android better than iOS. Not so sure about the hardware side of it though. That iPhone 5C was bomb-proof.

Last edited:

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

And picked up the v10. Hoping it's the one to keep me away from the iPhone. Has anyone else done the same ?

Was an Android user for a very long time. Got an iPhone 6s a couple of months ago to try something new. Sold it and got the v10 less than 2 weeks ago now.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site

Was an Android user for a very long time. Got an iPhone 6s a couple of months ago to try something new. Sold it and got the v10 less than 2 weeks ago now.

Nice. Are you enjoying it? How does your battery life compare?

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I too had a 6s plus not too long ago. Honestly sometimes I miss its reliability. Lol. Oh well.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

On 12-31-15 I got a V10 and my wife got a 6S plus in 64G on Verizon. We both got otterbox defender cases, and my V10 is insured.

Some differences that may not be outwardly obvious.

>The LG has 9V fast charging. While this might appear to be an advantage, it has its quirks. If you are like us you have dozens of 5V USB ports, a handful of 5V battery banks and car cig lighter plugs at your disposal. I only have ONE 9V charger, thats the OEM one that came with the phone. So there is some additional expense needed to really capitalize on it. The V10 will charge on a standard 5V USB, its just slow like the 6S+. The 9V fast charger also warms up the phone if you have the screen cranked and using graphics heavy apps/games. I sometimes prefer to charge at 5V because of this last data point.

>Cases and accessories, LOTS more to chose from for the 6S+. I think this is always going to be the status-quo between these two brands. Accessory manufacturers seem to be slow releasing designs for the V10.

>Lightning connector versus standard USB, Pros and cons here. The Lightning plug is by far more durable and robust. The micro-USB is flimsy, frail and not even in the same league. iOS can be finicky with what lightning accessory it "sees", if its not Apple certified it can be buggy. The V10 doesn't have this problem at all with so many universal USB options to chose from. You can completely forget about OTG options and using the iPhone as a USB host.

>Manual Video Camera / 4k video... the V10 is the winner here. Although the steady-cam software I think is better in iOS, and for the V10 you can't engage the steady-cam in 4K video mode. But the on the fly manual settings for the V10 video camera make it a winner here.

>Selfie pics... V10 is the winner here with its two camera lenses, one being wide angle... no need to carry a selfie stick.

>Audio quality... V10 is the winner here. It has a VERY GOOD sounding headphone amp circuit that can match impedance loads of whats plugged into it. You can also switch on/off its 32bit ESS DAC, and capitalize on higher bit-rate lossless data.

>Customer service / support... Hands down the iPhone and in-store apple service wins here.

>Fingerprint scanner... 6S+ wins here. The V10 FPS works... very well mind you, but it has a history of being buggy. Mine was no exception. One software update form Verizon and a system reset later and my FPS works great.

>Secondary screen... V10 wins here. I thought this was just a little gimmick, and for a while had it turned off. Now I am realizing how nice it is to have alerts, notifications, contacts on a separate scroll-screen that doesn't interfere with the main screen.

>Headphones... The 6S+ includes them, the V10 doesn't. So if you get the LG you will have to budget for that.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz