Why is the Thunderbolt any better than any other droid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneymike47

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So to be totally honest, i've seen the videos on youtube, and the most recent video on the website, and why is the thunderbolt so hyped up? Alright, it's kinda fast and has good camera quality, but so what? It's just like every other droid phone out there. My GF has a MyTouch 4g, i know it's only on T-Mobile and not Verizon, but it's almost exactly the same as the thunderbolt. my sister has the Droid Incredible, and the thunderbolt isn't that much better, i just dont see the fascination with it.

P.S. - Please only ACTUAL, CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, I'm not looking for some Dbag to call me a noob and act like an a$$h0le.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There's a sticky in this forum that explains the difference between a few phones, also a simple search would let you know.
""It's just like every other droid phone out there"" shows that you need to do a lot more research.
Why don't you go look it up, your attitude is not good for a first post.

Off the top of my head-

True 4G (not what att, sprint, and t-mobile call 4G)
50% more RAM than most
Much better processor
40GB of storage stock
Sense 2.0
4.3in screen
unlocked bootloader
Updated camera/sensor
rugged kickstand
good speaker
Verizon supported
Al body construction if you care.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
To me here's why it's special.

Vzw lacks in some areas. I'm coming from a storm 1 and of course I can upgrade to a DX or a Dinc.. But I'll wait it out for something even better.

To answer your question, many of us who are on vzw as well plan to keep sticking with vzw are looking forward to this phone, the Tbolt, because it will be the coolest (fastest, etc etc) phone from which we can choose from.
Yes, I can jump ship and go with an Atrix etc.. But to be honest, I as well as many want to keep sticking with vzw so we feel this will be a phone we can upgrade to which will be a great device, coming at a great time (could have came earlier).
Had I had 1 more year left on my contract I'd prob dismiss the commercials as well as all these threads, though I can finally upgrade and this looks like the device that can work well for me.

I'm sure I speak on behalf of many who are coming from a blackberry and can already upgrade.
That is why I'M hyped about it.

Reactions: derekgallina

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
1. Its pretty easy to see that every major spec on this phone is an improvement over any other Verizon phone.

2. Data speeds are 10x faster than any other Verizon phone, thats like the difference between a bicycle and a Bugatti Veyron.

3. Overhyped? The iPhone 4 was the last Verizon phone to be released and you think the Thunderbolt is overhyped?

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Here are the important factors to me:
1. More RAM
2. Better processor (it's not clocked any higher than other phones but it's better quality)
3. Better GPU
4. Great camera
5. Front-facing camera
6. Kickstand
7. Sense UI
8. A probable and promised upgrade to Gingerbread
9. Skype is baked in
10. Great overall build quality
11. FM radios
12. Voice and data simultaneously over 3G
13. LTE radios, giving us Verizon 4G support
14. DLNA support
15. 4.3 inch screen
Here are the downsides:
1. the age of dual-core phone processors is arriving, so this will seem weak in a few months
2. No HDMI port
3. Screen res is kinda low compared to what's coming (and what already exists
At least in my opinion, the pros far outweigh the cons.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
(in my best Zen Master voice) If you can't see the difference, maybe there is no difference!

----
forgetful listed a whole bunch of things they may or may not have any value for you. at this point i would say it is the best single core 4.3" screen LTE phone expected to become available sometime soon. incrementally better in almost every category. Dual core might have more power along with issues that come from that - power consumption, apps that are not yet optimized for dual core.

moneymike47

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Alright, Verizon's 4G LTE isn't a huge draw because it's not going to be nationwide until 2013, and unless you live in a major city, it may reach your area once your thunderbolt's contract is up. In my opinion, the only good things about it is that it's faster, a nice camera(s) and more memory. Otherwise, i don't really care about a bigger screen, or a kickstand, or the 4G. I'm leaning more towards the iPhone 4 (i know, a bad word on these forums) because compared to the thunderbolt, i like it better. Droids' OS is kind of confusing in my opinion (being an IT kinda guy) and there are almost too many options. With the iPhone, they made everything just easier and smoother.

Reactions: kingzee

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Alright, Verizon's 4G LTE isn't a huge draw because it's not going to be nationwide until 2013, and unless you live in a major city, it may reach your area once your thunderbolt's contract is up. In my opinion, the only good things about it is that it's faster, a nice camera(s) and more memory. Otherwise, i don't really care about a bigger screen, or a kickstand, or the 4G. I'm leaning more towards the iPhone 4 (i know, a bad word on these forums) because compared to the thunderbolt, i like it better. Droids' OS is kind of confusing in my opinion (being an IT kinda guy) and there are almost too many options. With the iPhone, they made everything just easier and smoother.
It sounds like you want an iPhone so you are making up reasons why you don't like the Thunderbolt. Just buy the iPhone and leave android phones to people who want android phones with all their benefits (that don't matter to you)

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

If you like the Iphone then buy it. I find it a little offensive that you would come here ask for peoples opinions of why this phone is better. They take out time to respond and obviously you've already made your mind you don't even care for Android OS. The best phone for you is the one you can operate.

moneymike47

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Koato said:
videocalling without the need of wifi

That's a good point

It sounds like you want an iPhone so you are making up reasons why you don't like the Thunderbolt. Just buy the iPhone and leave android phones to people who want android phones with all their benefits (that don't matter to you)

And i am thinking about getting an iPhone, and the thunderbolt is also just frustrating because every week there is some sort of reason as to why it is not being released, or it's release date being announced.

moneymike47

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you like the Iphone then buy it. I find it a little offensive that you would come here ask for peoples opinions of why this phone is better.

I'm sorry, but isn't the whole point of a forum is to discuss opinions? Actually i'll give you the definition because you seem like you don't know it.

forum - a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

I'm not trying to be a bad guy here, i'm simply just trying to make a decision because my upgrade is up. I don't need people jumping down my throat because i'm sharing my opinions.

Reactions: kingzee

ragingyeti

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry, but isn't the whole point of a forum is to discuss opinions? Actually i'll give you the definition because you seem like you don't know it.

forum - a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

I'm not trying to be a bad guy here, i'm simply just trying to make a decision because my upgrade is up. I don't need people jumping down my throat because i'm sharing my opinions.

You are taking this quote out of context. If you read the whole post, they arent upset that people are discussing differing opinions, they are upset at the fact that someone came in with their mind already made up with no intention on listening to other people's advice. In essence, they just wanted to stir something up.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

You're an IT guy and android is confusing?

You should probably get a iphone. It sounds like you're an iphone candidate, and I'm serious and mean no offense honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC