Priv VS S6?

A

AC Question

Priv VS S6

While Samsung makes some amazing hardware as is the case with my S6 Active, TouchWiz is by far the most glitchy overlay I've ever experienced. This has been true for every Galaxy class phone from them I've ever used. I'm so sick of the glitches and hiccups that I'm considering dropping the extra coin and switching to the BlackBerry Priv, which sports the holy grail (in my opinion) of a smartphone which is a real live qwerty keyboard. Anyone have experience with the Priv and its user experience? Is it as glitchy as TouchWiz? All I can find as far as comparisons are comps of their spec sheet, which does me no good. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally I've never had any issues with touchwiz.
If your looking for a physical keyboard, there really is not that many choices out there unless you are considering one of the add on keyboards that samsung has for the S6 & s7 models.

Maticuno

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Consider yourself lucky with the lack of glitches on TouchWiz. How about anyone with Priv user experience? I'm basically trying to find out if I should pony up the $140 to get out of the S6 and into the Priv, as long as the Priv isn't as bad as Samsung and TouchWiz.

bwinds

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
I'd say the Touchwiz issues and bloat are long gone since at least a year now. Also Samsung has the innovative multiwindow capability. Which right now is the only way to play a Youtube video in the background! S7 of course is even better, what a nice piece of hardware.

Centralboy545

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Consider yourself lucky with the lack of glitches on TouchWiz. How about anyone with Priv user experience? I'm basically trying to find out if I should pony up the $140 to get out of the S6 and into the Priv, as long as the Priv isn't as bad as Samsung and TouchWiz.
TouchWiz isn't as bad as before. Plus u can easily add Google launcher or Nova. Personally I would never spend any cash on a BB device ever again. The priv only so called advantage is a keyboard. The hardware is already outdated by last year phones.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Priv VS S6

I have heard great things about the BlackBerry Priv. I was thinking of buying one myself, but yeah, wasn't in my budget. ;) I, too believe it's an awesome combination of Google OS and BlackBerry hardware... It's amazing!

If you want to find out more about the Priv, you can also hit up CrackBerry's forum page. I am a member there as well, and the people there are very helpful!

Posted via the Android Central App