Apple Music is a good reason to move away from Apple products and services

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd heard about this as well. I think it makes sense from a certain point of view what they're doing, but it definitely is not user friendly for people who want to control their files rather than just have them available anywhere and everywhere.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I certainly wouldn't be happy with that, since most of my music is from my personal CD collection (in FLAC format) or purchased digitally in FLAC format.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Deleting files from someone else's computer without their permission - even if they were stolen from you - is a federal violation and a FISA court may get involved (against Apple - which will limit cellphones to Android and Windows). (You don't "escape" a FISA court, you hope that you live through it without a death sentence or, just as bad, a permanent change of address to the south coast of Cuba.) Apple deleting files on my computer? It's Saturday, but I'd be in my attorneys' offices planning our legal attack. If deleting other peoples' files is now legal, this is the USSR, not the USA.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Deleting files from someone else's computer without their permission - even if they were stolen from you - is a federal violation and a FISA court may get involved (against Apple - which will limit cellphones to Android and Windows). (You don't "escape" a FISA court, you hope that you live through it without a death sentence or, just as bad, a permanent change of address to the south coast of Cuba.) Apple deleting files on my computer? It's Saturday, but I'd be in my attorneys' offices planning our legal attack. If deleting other peoples' files is now legal, this is the USSR, not the USA.
The issue is that they have permission because people click "ok" and "I agree" without reading anything. So they agreed, even if they did so ignorantly.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes and no.
I buy CDs and have my entire collection burned on a 1T external drive via ALAC and I have no complaints. As a music playback host I really don't have any complaints about my macbook Pro. It does have a toslink optical output so I can bypass the macbook DAC process and feed the bit-stream into my setup. But as far as Apple music service goes NO WAY!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles