05-14-2016 04:18 PM
    I'd heard about this as well. I think it makes sense from a certain point of view what they're doing, but it definitely is not user friendly for people who want to control their files rather than just have them available anywhere and everywhere.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2016 04:55 PM
    I certainly wouldn't be happy with that, since most of my music is from my personal CD collection (in FLAC format) or purchased digitally in FLAC format.
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-14-2016 05:08 PM
    And....now I am going to rip the rest of my CDs and keep them on my external hard drive.
    Laura Knotek, Aquila and aximtreo like this.
    05-14-2016 05:30 PM
    And....now I am going to rip the rest of my CDs and keep them on my external hard drive.
    That's what I do.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    05-14-2016 05:49 PM
    Deleting files from someone else's computer without their permission - even if they were stolen from you - is a federal violation and a FISA court may get involved (against Apple - which will limit cellphones to Android and Windows). (You don't "escape" a FISA court, you hope that you live through it without a death sentence or, just as bad, a permanent change of address to the south coast of Cuba.) Apple deleting files on my computer? It's Saturday, but I'd be in my attorneys' offices planning our legal attack. If deleting other peoples' files is now legal, this is the USSR, not the USA.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2016 09:07 PM
    Deleting files from someone else's computer without their permission - even if they were stolen from you - is a federal violation and a FISA court may get involved (against Apple - which will limit cellphones to Android and Windows). (You don't "escape" a FISA court, you hope that you live through it without a death sentence or, just as bad, a permanent change of address to the south coast of Cuba.) Apple deleting files on my computer? It's Saturday, but I'd be in my attorneys' offices planning our legal attack. If deleting other peoples' files is now legal, this is the USSR, not the USA.
    The issue is that they have permission because people click "ok" and "I agree" without reading anything. So they agreed, even if they did so ignorantly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2016 10:54 PM
    Yes and no.
    I buy CDs and have my entire collection burned on a 1T external drive via ALAC and I have no complaints. As a music playback host I really don't have any complaints about my macbook Pro. It does have a toslink optical output so I can bypass the macbook DAC process and feed the bit-stream into my setup. But as far as Apple music service goes NO WAY!!
    05-14-2016 11:09 PM