Apple Event

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thoughts?

So far, iOS gets a new Mario runner game and the Apple Watch gets Pokémon GO.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably still skip this years iPhone. I have a 6S and a 6S+ that I bought in December. Really not interested in spending money on another iPhone that I think just doesn't have enough to make me want to buy it. I'll wait till the S8 is announced to see how that goes or even what Google has in store.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
iPhone news

Not that I like Apple at all, by I do consider this feature particularly funny. Interesting how our phones have both!

f620a8c303499b63cbbc9147a79f19da.jpg

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPhone news

I'll give Apple credit- they make quality products (my wife's iPhone 4s is in a drawer as a backup phone) and I have an iPad Air 2- great device, but removing the 3.5mm headphone jack... Dumb. I don't care if they include an adapter. What happens when the adapter gets lost, or you forget it somewhere? I have $300 Bose headphones that use a 3.5mm, I'm not ready to give those up. I also have regular cheap earphones in my car, home, etc. So I wonder if down the road when there is a new universal replacement for the 3.5mm jack, but apple, being apple will use their own proprietary headphone technology, because it's Apple, and it's what they do.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone news

I'll give Apple credit- they make quality products (my wife's iPhone 4s is in a drawer as a backup phone) and I have an iPad Air 2- great device, but removing the 3.5mm headphone jack... Dumb. I don't care if they include an adapter. What happens when the adapter gets lost, or you forget it somewhere? I have $300 Bose headphones that use a 3.5mm, I'm not ready to give those up. I also have regular cheap earphones in my car, home, etc. So I wonder if down the road when there is a new universal replacement for the 3.5mm jack, but apple, being apple will use their own proprietary headphone technology, because it's Apple, and it's what they do.
Yup I agree with you. I don't understand it myself. Im always using my wireless headphones, but there are still of people that use regular. Headphones. It's just a matter of time until It gets lost.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yup I agree with you. I don't understand it myself. Im always using my wireless headphones, but there are still of people that use regular. Headphones. It's just a matter of time until It gets lost.

Yup. I embrace technology evolving (such as VHS to dvd, blueray, etc) and overall improvements in technology but at this point there's not standard/universal replacement for a legacy standard like the 3.5mm headphone jack. If there was a new standard then I would be for it, because I assume companies would eventually jump on board and adopt new technology. For example- my Nexus 6P is my first phone with USB C. A lot of different devices I have still use micro USB, but assuming USB C will be the new standard, then I'm okay with that because it's technology that is improving and getting better and that's the way technology works.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup. I embrace technology evolving (such as VHS to dvd, blueray, etc) and overall improvements in technology but at this point there's not standard/universal replacement for a legacy standard like the 3.5mm headphone jack. If there was a new standard then I would be for it, because I assume companies would eventually jump on board and adopt new technology. For example- my Nexus 6P is my first phone with USB C. A lot of different devices I have still use micro USB, but assuming USB C will be the new standard, then I'm okay with that because it's technology that is improving and getting better and that's the way technology works.
Im all for embracing new technology, but at least still keep the headphone jack regardless. I'm not so sure if people want this to be the new standard yet.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I just looked myself. That person who shared that screen cap on macrumors must not have been in the US. The price on the 256GB model is $969. I thought that $1309 was a weird price for the US.
Still $969 is quite the hefty price for the iPhone regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38