Google Pixel is no Note 7

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have received my Google Pixel and it is no Note 7. I miss the curved edges, the S-pen, the sd card, the better signal, etc. While the finger print sensor is far superior to the Note 7 I still want my Note back.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, sans S-Pen, the closest you'll get is the S7 Edge. Until then, sit tight for the Note 8 (or S8 in April if you can live without the S-Pen).

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have received my Google Pixel and it is no Note 7. I miss the curved edges, the S-pen, the sd card, the better signal, etc. While the finger print sensor is far superior to the Note 7 I still want my Note back.
I have a Pen with my Pixel. The Pen is no S-Pen but it gets the job done for me.

27009d6b8c3a352a93d939ddf74c0d8d.jpg

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Most of the time I agree with Flossy. This time I have to disagree. The more I use it the more I like it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
lol, floss is the man though.. he's right, the note 7 was a serious device.

Did he finally turn in the Note 7? how does he get all that money to buy all those phones? The V20 and S7 edge have so many more features than the Pixel has.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did he finally turn in the Note 7? how does he get all that money to buy all those phones? The V20 and S7 edge have so many more features than the Pixel has.
What does the V20 have feature wise ? I know the camera is different but what else?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Second screen/always on, removable battery, IR blaster, and micro SD storage.

Ah you mean hardware features.

That is where we differ. I hate my screen staying on, second screen I would think is useful so that would be cool, IR blaster is useless for me, SD card also useless. Removable battery is situational such as there have been a few times I used one and it was useful but most of the time (>95%) I am fine with battery.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Ah you mean hardware features.

That is where we differ. I hate my screen staying on, second screen I would think is useful so that would be cool, IR blaster is useless for me, SD card also useless. Removable battery is situational such as there have been a few times I used one and it was useful but most of the time (>95%) I am fine with battery.

I guess different taste for different people. I will agree with Flossy though. I don't think I'd like the Pixel other than the AMOLED screen being used to the Note devices, Galaxy line, and V20.

if you're at the gym or out to eat somewhere how do you troll the TV then if some crap is on it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess different taste for different people. I will agree with Flossy though. I don't think I'd like the Pixel other than the AMOLED screen being used to the Note devices, Galaxy line, and V20.

if you're at the gym or out to eat somewhere how do you troll the TV then if some crap is on it?
I simply don't. I see no need to troll the TV at places I don't own. I simply ask if I really want it changed at a bar and such. Especially since most places I go have things like DirecTV versus just regular cable.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Second screen/always on, removable battery, IR blaster, and micro SD storage.
Two of these are negatives to me and the third is borderline negative. I've detailed before why I think removable batteries are a mistake and why microSD is a mistake except for in budget devices in third world countries.

IR blaster seems to fall into the category of being a mistake to include only because 1) almost no one will know it's there, let alone have use for it 2) it takes time and money to include it 3) that cost will lead to zero extra sales and 4) it leads to the mistaken philosophy of phones being meant to behave as Swiss army knives with disjointed attachments to do everything, rather than phones being devices that seamlessly integrate with the connected world.

And the danger off poorly thought out kitchen sink approaches, like the Swiss army knife.... All that extra nonsensical stuff comes at the obvious expense of the intended purpose ... the knife itself sucks.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The Pixel isn't a Note 7 and it's not even in the same league as a Note 7. When compared to the Note 7, the Pixel is a mid-range phone, at best. Sure, one can talk about the fast software experience on the Pixel, but at the end of the day, the hardware is really lacking and I have no idea why Google even thinks the phone is in the same league as this year's iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus. It's not and it shouldn't be.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel isn't a Note 7 and it's not even in the same league as a Note 7. When compared to the Note 7, the Pixel is a mid-range phone, at best. Sure, one can talk about the fast software experience on the Pixel, but at the end of the day, the hardware is really lacking and I have no idea why Google even thinks the phone is in the same league as this year's iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus. It's not and it shouldn't be.
Strongly disagree and I will go so far as to say that I cannot comprehend why you would think any of that is true. When compared to the Note 7 the pixel has a better camera, better software, better security, better build quality, better support and is better on the spec sheet on almost every category for which they are not tied. The Note 7 does better on the display and on the IP rating and that seems to be it.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess I left out one other difference which is that the Note 7 was the biggest unexpected failure of the Year while the pixel was the biggest unexpected success of the year.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

I loved my Note 7. However, I rarely used the S-Pen and I'm finding I don't miss the curved screen either. I do miss the sd card. I liked not worrying about losing things like ringtones, music, my audiobooks, when I had to do a reset. (Not that I had to do it on the Note in the short time I had it, but with other Samsung phones, the sd card was a definite plus. The fingerprint sensor is so much better on the Pixel, and I really like it on the back of the phone. I thought I would hate that because of how I'd gotten used to it being in the front with my Samsung phones, but now I think that's definitely one thing I would miss if I end up getting the Note 8 when it comes out. Maybe I needed a change from Samsung, but I'm loving my Pixel.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance