Sprint Phones. Nexus S or Wait for the EVO 3D

jdarmiento

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I would like to get some feedback on these two phones. My thoughts are to wait for the EVO 3D as I am an HTC fan and like that it's processor is 1.5 GHZ Dual Core. VS. the 1GHZ Hummingbird processor in the Nexus S/ However the Nexus S has the AMOLED Screen and the NFC radio.
Please weigh in with your thoughts here..:)

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I feel like I've been waiting forever (still on the pre) because I heard the evo battery life was poor and initially was hesitant to pay the $10 4G fee when my area didn't even have 4G. Hoping for improvement on the Evo 3d in regards to battery life. Ideally the Evo 3d would come out in May so if the Nexus S isn't up to par it could be exchanged but haven't heard a word yet about the Evo 3d release date.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus S and I would take it over a dual core phone, it's a great overall phone and it's stock android.

jdarmiento

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I hear the Evo 3D is looking like a June release on par with one year after the original EVO. I guess if I got the Nexus and didn't like it I could exchange but I am partial to HTCso far. Thansk for the feedback folks.. Keep it coming ..

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I have an EVO and love it. Planned on going to the EVO 3d but after playing with cyanogen 7 for a while and getting used to vanilla android, I've decided to get the Nexus S 4G.

Oh and why is this in rumored devices? Both phones are quite official :)

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh and why is this in rumored devices? Both phones are quite official :)

+1 I was going to ask the same thing.

Ask yourself what do you want out of a phone?
For me out of those 2 choices I would pic the HTC 3D. It is the newest tec out there, HTC makes Great phones, The EVO is Sprint's golden child.

The Nexus S 4G is no cheap phone but I aready have a Epic4G...
What do you want your phone to be,do and run? once you get those answers, you will have your phone. Good luck.

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That "article" is worthless... don't bother clicking on it. Should be marked as spam because it's getting posted in all of the Nexus S 4G threads.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
that is basically saying "the nexus is the best one here, but lets highlight what is better on all the other phones"

hmmm... like an SD card slot?

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
NEXUS S! I was not liking it had no SD card slot but then Google invented gmusic and have no need for more than 16 gigs now so vanilla stock Android all the way!

Last edited:

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Nexus S all the way! You can install ADW or LP which have Sense skins and the cube effect for LP looks just like the 3D when you swipe home screens. It even keeps going around back to the first screen. So you get the eye candy without all the Sprint bloatware. If the single core processor isnt fast enough for you, you can root and ROM and overclock the processor. The benchmarks I have seen from the overclocked 1.4GHz ran faster than the 3D did in the old guys video on Youtube. Not to mention you get all the new updates direct from Google as soon as its released, unlike owning a Sprint phone. I dont see any downside unless you are gaga for 3D...

king5697#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If I were in the market for a new Sprint phone right now, I would wait for the the Evo 3D, the Photon, or even the Samsung GS2. If I had to have a phone today, I would get the Epic instead of the Nexus S because of the expandable memory and the keyboard (that's a personal thing). Outside of a NFC chip and Gingerbread, the Nexus is an Epic without a keyboard and a memory card slot. Gingerbread, in my opinion, isn't really that big of a deal.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I would like to get some feedback on these two phones. My thoughts are to wait for the EVO 3D as I am an HTC fan and like that it's processor is 1.5 GHZ Dual Core. VS. the 1GHZ Hummingbird processor in the Nexus S/ However the Nexus S has the AMOLED Screen and the NFC radio.
Please weigh in with your thoughts here..:)

1.2 ghz dual core not 1.5 and qualcomm is still using its scorpion core which is getting rather long in the tooth and the hummingbird processor is the smoothest one i have seen and without the drain of a custom UI it is more than enough to make the NS4G to run like a super phone plus if you plan on rooting the nexus (for me) benched 3800-4400 in quadrent standard which is twice what the e3D will bench. They both have signal issues which will most likely be resolved in the 2.4 update. The Nexus also feels amazing in hand. The screen is the perfect size and since it fits in the origional nexus s accessories you don't need to wait to get a wide selection of cases or screen protectors. Another plus for the Nexus is first dibs on updates which is invaluable especially when companies like htc took 6 months to get gingerbread out to the evo.

From Archos With Love

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton