Thoughts on Iphone X? Are you jumping ship?

Ramon Castillo1

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
I thought it was intellectually dishonest for them to claim they have introduced cutting edge technology for the future and its innovative when everything has been introduced by Samsung for years now. They're just catching up.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apple's iPhone X does not compare to the Note 8

Well, they actually did finally get some stuff that they lacked for years (waterproofing, OLED, wireless charging, edge screens, minimal bezels) but for me that just makes it on par with some Android phones. I thought the X looked great, though it's not for me.

Other than the price, and no FPS, I can't see any reason to bash it. It seems like an awesome phone really.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

This is the thing I don't get about Apple. The tech has been out for years but it only becomes relevant when Apple does it. And Apple is hailed as being innovative. How are old features deemed innovative? What is creative and original about their "new" features?
It's all in their presentation and marketing. It's at a level no other company can follow. Like with the iPhone X Tim announced it as if it's the first phone to tout all the features Android phones have had for years. It's almost as if Apple doesn't consider Android as a real competitor. This mindset works for Apple hence their new multibillion dollar campus and loads of cash in reserve.

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Oh gosh..... Good thing I waited till the Apple News brief... The new iPhone lineup sux... iPhone 8 blah...... iPhone 8+ Nearly the same as 7+ With the basic upgrades that everyone expected.... And the "X"... Are you kidding me!! With that rediculously silly Black top center sensor / camera housing that is alaways going to display on top of full screen video.. Is Absolutely unexceptionable!! Just imagine running a piece of Black duct tape along the left side center portion of your tv and watching it like that!! Completely Stupid!! There claiming 5.8" corner to corner... When you factor in that Stupid sensor housing it's actually less and looks like crap when playing back full screen video and games... Gosh! What we're Apple thinking... They Just made the Note 8 the Top Dog!! Thanks Apple... :)

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Seems a step down in security. Couldn't someone grab your phone and point it at your face to unlock it? Or just say, "Hey, is this your phone?" Same at border security. They have your phone. Point it at your face. Unlock it. Or am I missing something?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was intellectually dishonest for them to claim they have introduced cutting edge technology for the future and its innovative when everything has been introduced by Samsung for years now. They're just catching up.

Same could be said for Samsung with them introducing Always On Display, Iris Scanner, Plus size model etc etc in recent years all which has been around on other phones for ages

Ramon Castillo1

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
True, but I don't believe they ever said those are their innovative and revolutionary steps towards the future of smartphone....correct me if I am wrong.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

It's all in their presentation and marketing. It's at a level no other company can follow. Like with the iPhone X Tim announced it as if it's the first phone to tout all the features Android phones have had for years. It's almost as if Apple doesn't consider Android as a real competitor. This mindset works for Apple hence their new multibillion dollar campus and loads of cash in reserve.

I was so confused...Maybe those who have only used Apple and don't follow any other tech are truly impressed. I was like, are those people paid to yell and clap on cue, cuz that's old! It was an ok show. I liked Samsung's more. I'm openly biased.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to LOVE watching iPhone fans backtracking on the what they said about the glass backs on the Samsung flagships. That's going to take some skill.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Although I still have several iPhones and some Apple watches, I see no reason to buy another new iPhone. I bought an S8+ back in June, my next phone will again be a Samsung when the time comes.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm curious as to how notifications will work while using the phone. It's going to be odd with that notch up top

BratPAQ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Wheres the fingerprint scanner under the screen Apple fans gave been bragging about? They were laughing at Samsung for failing to implement it.

Kingstoler

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site

I dislike the design. It just looks wrong with the top being cut off, and the side bezels seem rather thick in comparison to the Note 8. 4k@60 fps is very nice, but nothing that would make me skip the Note 8. I'll keep the S-Pen and the bigger screen any day.

Ramon Castillo1

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
They introduced wireless charging. They are taking us to THE FUTURE. That is so innovative. The brains at Apple headquarters are working hard to deliver cutting edge technology. Who knew wireless charging will be a thing? Not me

omelet1978

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I just priced out a 256 gb Iphone X with AppleCare and it came out to just under $1450. That is way to high. You can get an S8 for around $600 now and a square trade warranty for another $100.

Also, for all the hoopla, IOS is still the same static grid of icons that really hasn't changed in 10 years.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
It's ugly. That notch is awful. Also, it's $999 for a phone that does what a $600-700 phone does.

Fanboys keep repeating, "but the Samsung version is $939." No, that's for the BIG phone. The smaller iPhone is $999. When (if) the iPhone X Plus (or whatever) is revealed it will be $1299.

Isaiah Peterson

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
The cheapest current flagship from Samsung, the S8, has the same size screen as the iPhone X. It's functionally larger though since it doesn't have the horns at the top.

Ramon Castillo1

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
You can either pay your rent or mortgage or buy this heavily overpriced phone. The $999 price tag is for Iphone X 64gb, so just imagine how much the Iphone X Plus 264gb will cost. That's ridiculous for what you're getting. Buy a Note 8 and call it a day. And I bet most fanboys will buy it mainly for the Animoji.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge