Thoughts on Iphone X? Are you jumping ship?

Rjl786

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
I jumped ship the other way. After 10 yrs with an iPhone, I have had it. I was surprised at the features on my Note 8 that the Apple marketing machine had me thinking were Apple innovations. wtf. Guess I had Apple blinders on, but the X finally told me that Apple was out of ideas and it was time to move on.

jre72

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
I had originally planned on getting an iPX but I'm just not sold on the face recognition thing. I think it will work just fine but feel like there will be a lot of circumstances where a fingerprint sensor is more convenient (e.g. when phone is mounted in the car and you want to unlock it to start GPS - do I do the Detroit lean???). I like the screen size vs device size, the notch doesn't bother me either. I wish they would've offered a 128GB version. 64 is too small and 256 is too big (for me).

Though I have an Apple watch, iPad, Apple TV, etc, for $1200 I just don't see the value proposition when I can get an S8+ for < $800 (several deals going on) and have mostly better hardware (iPX has a better processor). Financially, it's no issue at all for me but that doesn't mean I should waste my $.

That said, I see a lot of people banging on Apple for just now having wireless charging and face recognition yet no headphone jack or expandable storage - Take a look at Google's new flagship phone. Seems a lot of those jabs at Apple should be directed there as well....they don't even have wireless charging!:eek:

uncaged74

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
This thread makes me think of FB people posting about why they chosen to buy this. Just find it ironic. Can people also post pictures of their meals too? :cool:

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What possible reason would an android user switch to an iPhone. There so many phones/manufactures to choose from. But if no android phone is too your liking, then yeah I guess android is not for you.

anon(10388027)

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
No... Only would consider an iPhone if they brought back the headphone jack and expandable Micro SD storage.

A huge negative is how Apple always releases such buggy iOS updates.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I did
Been a BB10 and windows phine user for years. Since both of them have no future, I’ve tried every other android phone there is including pixel 2, Xperia, essential. They’re all great phones wth tons of feature. But somehow I could t keep anti of them for more than a few weeks. I just don’t like android. My wife has a galaxy s9 and I don’t even touch that because of touchwiz UI. So no Sami song for me.
So reluctantly I bought an iPhone X and loving it so far. It’s been more than a few months than now and i haven’t turned on my beloved Lumia 950 since. I’ve always gone back to Lumia when I was trying all those android phones
It’s mainly because of how beautiful the iPhone X is and he form factor. Even though it has a lot of restrictions everything just works. Plus the battery life is just the best out of all phones I tried.
I may try the pixel 3 when it comes out. But I may not keep that either.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I did
Been a BB10 and windows phine user for years. Since both of them have no future, I’ve tried every other android phone there is including pixel 2, Xperia, essential. They’re all great phones wth tons of feature. But somehow I could t keep anti of them for more than a few weeks. I just don’t like android. My wife has a galaxy s9 and I don’t even touch that because of touchwiz UI. So no Sami song for me.
So reluctantly I bought an iPhone X and loving it so far. It’s been more than a few months than now and i haven’t turned on my beloved Lumia 950 since. I’ve always gone back to Lumia when I was trying all those android phones
It’s mainly because of how beautiful the iPhone X is and he form factor. Even though it has a lot of restrictions everything just works. Plus the battery life is just the best out of all phones I tried.
I may try the pixel 3 when it comes out. But I may not keep that either.
Wonder if you typed this on your iPhone X and if so were your posts thumbed out on your Sami song littered with errors too?

"Just works." Sure. As long as you don't care about making coherent sentences.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Wonder if you typed this on your iPhone X and if so were your posts thumbed out on your Sami song littered with errors too?

"Just works." Sure. As long as you don't care about making coherent sentences.

This is more because of my fat fingers and I don’t check it properly for any typing mistakes. Nothing to do with apple and android

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Impressed with apple store customer service today.
Been using my iPhone X without a case for a few months. I woke up on the weekend to see my back glass broken and I was very upset. Didn’t drop the phone or anything. Screen was totally flawless I must have sat on the phone or something must have happened which I can’t remember.

Anyway ended up going to apple store to see whether they can replace the back glass. After checking everything for a few minutes, the rep said the back is glued to he frame and cannot be replaced. Then he said they’ll try to see whether they can give me a new phone under the standard warranty ( I don’t have apple care). Typically it would cost $CAD750, but they replaced it with a brand new phone at no cost!!
I was quite surprised at this. iPhones are so damn expensive. But considering this kinda customer service it’s worth paying the price.
Another happy apple customer here for sure.

joyknights

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
To be honest, I am really impressed with the looks of X series, but what I love the most about its feature is its camera. I find it hard doing the focus and blurred effect when using a mobile device, but I don't think I will switch just yet. I need to wait for further review from credible websites. Besides my S8 still works fine and I have my DSLR.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
iPhones have impressive benchmark scores but that is worthless to me without Android. I wish there was a mobile version and of Bootcamp that would allow me to install Android on an iPhone. Only issue is that iPhones would need more RAM to take full advantage of Android.

watchki

Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
but what I love the most about its feature is its camera. I find it hard doing the focus and blurred effect when using a mobile device,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1