06-08-2011 10:20 PM
136 12345 ...
tools
    From all the videos I have seen, I don't think the GS2 has a notification LED, I might be wrong though.

What is up with the misconception that the E3d only has 768MB like the Sensation? Unless there was a last minute change and the bean counters decided it's a great idea to rip some ram out of the E3d, it should have the from Sprint officially announced 1GB of ram.

Yes, Sense is pretty intense on the processor, uses up more memory too, so I hope that things will have less lag on the E3d. The Sensation seems perfectly fine without a live wallpaper, check out this "multitasking" comparison video from our friend Sam, the guy loves the GS2 but he does try to be fair.

YouTube - ‪samjpullen's Channel‬‏

In the real world, you will never know the difference between the two. The more I like at these comparison videos, the more I like the cohesive look of Sense. Touchwhiz is looking uglier and uglier to me every day.

The browser on the GS2 seems to handle flash videos better and also seems to be a bit smoother, but I don't think I'll miss that in the real world. In the end, they are both great phones and everyone has to make their own decision on which they like better. For me it's the E3d.

Now lets see what that Photon 4G looks like.....
    June 9th.
    Thanks for the video. Again, I am amazed at how awful the Sensation's display is compared to the S2, its night and day. Look how blown out the highlights are and how washed out and mute the colors are. Unacceptable for a new phone of this caliber. TW might not have all the pretty eye candy but it uses less memory and is more efficient judging from all the reviews and what people on here have to say.
    06-04-2011 07:28 PM
    Thanks for the video. Again, I am amazed at how awful the Sensation's display is compared to the S2, its night and day. TW might not have all the pretty eye candy but it uses less memory and is more efficient judging from all the reviews and what people on here have to say.
    Looking at a dispaly through a camera and real life is a totally different thing. I have watched quite a few videos of the Thunderbolt and thought the display looked just like the Evo 4gs, well, it doesn't. The other day I got to play with one and the difference was quite noticeable.

Also, we know by now that the Sensation has a bad viewing angle tha the SG2 is not suffering from. In most videos the position of the filming camera just helps to make the Sensation look even worse.
    06-04-2011 07:32 PM
    Looking at a dispaly through a camera and real life is a totally different thing. I have watched quite a few videos of the Thunderbolt and thought the display looked just like the Evo 4gs, well, it doesn't. The other day I got to play with one and the difference was quite noticeable.

Also, we know by now that the Sensation has a bad viewing angle tha the SG2 is not suffering from. In most videos the position of the filming camera just helps to make the Sensation look even worse.
    Agreed. In videos the Sensation(QHD LCD) looks awful but I just got done playing with a Thunderbolt and a Droid Charge(SAMOLED+) and the qHD looked fantastic!! Don't go by videos.People should go to a VZW store and see for themselves.
    06-04-2011 07:43 PM
    The evo doesn't have low memory.
    What are you referring to?
    "
    Ahh yeah disregard.....I haven't followed this device since an early article quoted it at 768. I was appalled

Sent from my Droid
    06-04-2011 07:46 PM

I dont know, sounds like excuses to me. People try to blame the Sensations poor screen on glare or angle etc...Why does the S2's display look great in every video then? I have yet to see even one video where the Sensation looks good. The colors are way off, the blacks arent really black and the highlights are blown out, just like my Evo 4G was.
    06-04-2011 09:26 PM
    I dont know, sounds like excuses to me. People try to blame the Sensations poor screen on glare or angle etc...Why does the S2's display look great in every video then? I have yet to see even one video where the Sensation looks good. The colors are way off, the blacks arent really black and the highlights are blown out, just like my Evo 4G was.
    Well, the "excuse" is the actual problem, it's the viewing angle.
    06-04-2011 09:32 PM
    Well, the "excuse" is the actual problem, it's the viewing angle.
    Guess we will have to wait and see it in person but if you have to hold your phone directly in front of you for it to look even somewhat nice, not too great.
    06-04-2011 09:35 PM
    Agreed. In videos the Sensation(QHD LCD) looks awful but I just got done playing with a Thunderbolt and a Droid Charge(SAMOLED+) and the qHD looked fantastic!! Don't go by videos.People should go to a VZW store and see for themselves.
    I was referring to the difference between between the regular lcd of the Evo 4G and super lcd screen of the Thunderbolt, however the Thunderbolt does not have a qHD display, it's just WVGA.

HTC ThunderBolt specs - Phone Arena

What I am not sure about though is the color depth. The Evos screen only has 65k colors, I think the Tbolt has 16 million and so do the Sensation and the Evo 3d.
    06-04-2011 09:35 PM
    Guess we will have to wait and see it in person but if you have to hold your phone directly in front of you for it to look even somewhat nice, not too great.
    I always hold my phone directly in front of me...but anyways, this is the Sensation, we will have to see what the Evo 3d looks like.
    06-04-2011 09:38 PM
    I always hold my phone directly in front of me...but anyways, this is the Sensation, we will have to see what the Evo 3d looks like.
    Even when watching a 2 hour movie? I dont. I set it down or prop it up against something, so that right there is gonna kill it for the Sensation IMO.
    06-04-2011 09:49 PM
    Phones are easy to hack (especially android) and you want to give them access to your funds because you want your wallet to be a couple credit cards lighter, ridicules.
    the internet is dangerous, you want to pay your bills online? (in the context of 15 yrs ago) my point is it's a convenience factor. And if I can use my phone for everything.. pay, metro, bus, those reward cards everyone has (yes, I know there's a solution for this already)... it would certainly be nice. would I use it if it wasn't secure? of course not. my points were implied security would be taken care of. again, hence me not seeing it taking off all that quickly because it's going to cost a bundle to get it right and ubiquitous. Hell, the latter issue is probably the bigger one.
    06-04-2011 10:02 PM
    Even when watching a 2 hour movie? I dont. I set it down or prop it up against something, so that right there is gonna kill it for the Sensation IMO.

The fact that the SG2 is from Samsung kills it right their imo.
    06-04-2011 11:30 PM
    The fact that the SG2 is from Samsung kills it right their imo.
    This is crazy talk in my opinion. Samsung is pretty new to Android and they have made a huge leap from last year in regards to hardware. You can't judge their performance from last year as a gauge of how things will be.

Samsung is an awesome tech company and the bashing is unwarranted. If this year they drop the ball then I would understand the backlash. It's obvious they mean business with the GSII and when the GSIII drops early next year it will give people whiplash. It's going to be a stellar piece of equipment. The point is, they mean business. They are aiming to take over the Android market and I THINK they are well aware now of how to go about that.

It just seems like some just want to regurgitate what everyone else says without really thinking about it. It's almost like a catch phrase "good luck with the updates" Judge their performamnce after this next go around. They were rookies last year.
    06-04-2011 11:59 PM
    I am going to miss kickstand thou, I used it everyday. My brother who is an iphoner made fun of it till he got a cheap iPhone case with a stand on it to watch netflix
    06-05-2011 12:26 AM
    I am going to miss kickstand thou, I used it everyday. My brother who is an iphoner made fun of it till he got a cheap iPhone case with a stand on it to watch netflix
    Only good thing about that is that it's going to get a pretty slick looking (at least imo) official HTC case with a kickstand.

HTC EVO 3D kickstand case shows up for $29.99

Edit: Then again that will probably only be useful for me until Seidio releases their extended battery for the EVO 3D which is always a MUST anytime I buy a new phone.
    06-05-2011 12:31 AM
    Samsung knows what they're doing with hardware. I think they're one of the few companies that could give apple a good run regarding hardware...considering most of the components they use are in house.

Now that I think about it, are they the only company to use their own processors?

Which brings us to software. Hopefully Samsung has learned their lesson about bringing timely os updates.
    06-05-2011 01:19 AM
    had a chance to play with the EVO 3D already and its not that gereat i have to say i was disappointed. The camera is not real 3d yes it takes two pictures but then when u look at the screen you have to tilt and move the phone around til one image is on top of the other to make a "3D' picture. so in my opinion thats not real 3D.On the flip side the new IU is sweet. I switched to ATT and got the Samsung Infuse...... Great Phone love the big screen and really fast
    06-05-2011 05:03 AM
    had a chance to play with the EVO 3D already and its not that gereat i have to say i was disappointed. The camera is not real 3d yes it takes two pictures but then when u look at the screen you have to tilt and move the phone around til one image is on top of the other to make a "3D' picture. so in my opinion thats not real 3D.On the flip side the new IU is sweet. I switched to ATT and got the Samsung Infuse...... Great Phone love the big screen and really fast
    So the only thing you didn't like was the 3D pictures.

Sounds like WIN to me.

As for you switching to ATT and going with the infuse.....sorry to hear that, sounds like your basing your opinion on the fact you lost and are now stuck with a carrier and phone that are NO BUENO and your trying to convince yourself otherwise.

But there is the possibility that I'm wrong, and your infuse totally rocks dude.

But I totz doubtz Dat.
    06-05-2011 05:23 AM
    The evo 3d is coming out june 24 and im number 4 on the list to get it. I going to sell my first evo when the 3d comes out.
    06-05-2011 10:44 AM
    Im just not a fan of Samsungs slippery light plastic. I drop it too frequently. HTC all the way.
    06-05-2011 11:25 AM
    Well, considering wimax is **** here and i never use it anyways 4G really isnt an issue for me. Id really like to know a ballpark of when the sgs2 is coming out though. Ill probably just buy the 3d and then sell it when the sgs2 comes out.
    06-05-2011 01:11 PM
    Well, considering wimax is **** here and i never use it anyways 4G really isnt an issue for me. Id really like to know a ballpark of when the sgs2 is coming out though. Ill probably just buy the 3d and then sell it when the sgs2 comes out.
    Rumors are end of July. I think I read that on Androidspin
    06-05-2011 01:13 PM
    Had the Evo since day 1. LOVED IT!
    Have been using the SG2 (on AT&T) along with it leading up to the 3D release which I'd intended on getting. If the Within is a solid bet for Sprint It'l likely be the Within.
    People this ain't no Epic. Samsung is the most aggressive manufacturer in the market right now and this thing rights any wrongs associated with Samsung in the past and this just outstrips the HTC Evo in user experience (subjective!).
    I have bloatware gone, it is fiercely fast, using LauncherPro, and it's overclocked. Thing feels great especially with the matted back. I'm a sucker for eyecandy and this looks luxurious...sexy as hell. Video recording rocks (if you like that).
    It's doubtful the 3D can match this experience...
    HTC will always be the great player, but unless their roadmap involves some groundbreaking stuff, Samsung will be the manufacturer dujour by 2012... Watchit! You Samsung haters here: deal with it. EVO 3D will still be an awesome device obviously.
    06-05-2011 01:31 PM
    The language needs to stop. Consider this the warning.

Thanks.
    06-05-2011 02:20 PM
    I'm just gonna chime in here haha its getting pretty violent.
    I've owned the iphone4 moto atrix and the HTC inspire, and recently have received my sgs2 and am on at&t's hspa+ network.
    Boy does this thing fly. It is the best phone I have owned, not by far but it is. Smoother than my inspire though I do prefer sense. And honestly, this samoled screen is better and just more vibrant than my atrix qhd display. Just my opinion of course.
    Now the evo 3d looks amazing and no doubt will be a top tier phone for a good year with the sgs2, but I am loving this device and am not planning on crossing to sprint to pick up a 3d. Now that being said sprint members would probably be better off picking the 3d up if the sgs2 is being delayed. But if you wait for it, you will not be dissapointed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    06-05-2011 06:25 PM
136 12345 ...