06-08-2011 10:20 PM
136 ... 456
tools
    Come on LOL, not at all. When the EVO 3D comes out and there are a few issue threads, which there will be, are you going to claim it's a device with a lot of issues? I would hope not.

Be realistic here.....you're just hating on the phone now.
    Honestly yah I do hate it. I really dislike sammys philosophy of business. But u love it. Were not all supposed to love it are we?
    06-07-2011 07:39 PM
    It seems the only advantage is that the amoled screen has a thousand more shades of purple. That seems like a horrible reason to be tied to that phone for 2 years. That screen is not the best thing to happen to phones. I turn on auto brightness to save battery, and from other threads it seems sg2 has a battery problem, in turn the amoled becomes just any other screen.
    I heard those battery problems are just from that new KE7 update which made a lot of peoples' phones have bad battery life.
    06-07-2011 10:12 PM
    Honestly yah I do hate it. I really dislike sammys philosophy of business. But u love it. Were not all supposed to love it are we?
    You can at least be less of a debbie downer and just talk about the Evo 3D?
    06-07-2011 10:14 PM
    So an article that points to the same XDA thread we were just looking at is a mass problem? Come on lol

Sent from my Droid
    Well see for your self there is a lot of people having banding and or the yellow tint on half the screen. I'm sure there's a bunch of people that don't notice its and a bunch of others that don't report it. I'm keeping up with the thread and so far it seems like a wider spread problem than first thought. I'm just repeating what is being said by actual GSII owners, its not like its on an "Evo thread or a "I hate Samsung thread" these are people that are quite happy with there phone, but disappointed in the screen issues. Moreover, there actually pointing out issues which actually helps someone like me that's still on the fence over which phone to get. I will also be looking at the Evo 3d issues and see which one I'm willing to live with. But if people are having screen issues with a phone thats supposed to have such a "superior" screen (I put that in quotes because its really about taste, higher res or brighter colors)that might pull me more towards the Evo. I'm going to wait and see, but you seem to be making every excuse for the Sammy even going as far as not recognizing how many people are having issues. Your saying its not widespread yet XDA is full of people having issues. All I'm saying is try to be more objective.
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    06-07-2011 10:16 PM
    Your saying its not widespread yet XDA is full of people having issues. All I'm saying is try to be more objective.
    So XDA makes it a widespread problem. That just doesn't make any sense. Have you seen a widespread problem with a device before? A widespread problem is the rebooting problem with the TB, a widespread problem was the Tours trackball, a widespread problem was the BB Storm 1's screen clicking, dust and gap issue etc etc

There's a HUGE difference between a widespread issue and normal manufacturing defects. Every phone has it's share of defective devices. There's no way a company, any company, can put out a half million plus handsets and not have issues. It's impossible.

Like I said pick any phone and do a search and you will find issues with it. It's normal. You want to see widespread? This is one example of what widespread looks like:

thunderbolt rebooting - Google Search
    06-07-2011 11:25 PM
    ^ Actually to me yeah, XDA is a good source for me because most people on this site are just as anal about phones as I am. I'm always the guy that notices every little defect on tv's and monitors, phone screens ect.. So yeah I put a lot of stock in that forum, but I'll definitely reserve judgment until I see both screens for my self. I just think your view seems a "little" biased but hey everyone's entitled the there opinions.

06-07-2011 11:51 PM
    XDA is an excellent resource but I don't think you are understanding what I'm saying
    06-08-2011 01:19 AM
    I played with the Nin 3DS and the 3d was pretty cool. the menus had real depth and the screen was pretty clear, as long as u have it at the sweet spot, the 3d gameplay is sharp and smooth. The 3d pictures were alright but i couldnt take a video. Even with the simple screen and camera, the 3d was enjoyable. With a 3d movie preinstalled and a 3d movie store from the get-go, its seems like more than a gimick.
    Imagining the the more refined 3d stystem of the evo in 960x540 resolution with Qualcom dual core monster powering it make me love the budding evo line even more. Have a dual core? why not make it work a 3d game or movie like magic. Sense 3.0, gingerbread, new multi picture feature, adreno 220, pretty much guaranteed operrating system updates (at least 2, like the evo 4g), you know sprint and HTC are good for it. Big battery(1730 mah), sharp screen (16m colors), 4G speeds, .....All in a pretty package, I cant wait.

Check out this interesting display comparison

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-20056639-85.html
    06-08-2011 05:15 AM
    I played with the Nin 3DS and the 3d was pretty cool. the menus had real depth and the screen was pretty clear, as long as u have it at the sweet spot, the 3d gameplay is sharp and smooth. The 3d pictures were alright but i couldnt take a video. Even with the simple screen and camera, the 3d was enjoyable. With a 3d movie preinstalled and a 3d movie store from the get-go, its seems like more than a gimick.
    Imagining the the more refined 3d stystem of the evo in 960x540 resolution with Qualcom dual core monster powering it make me love the budding evo line even more. Have a dual core? why not make it work a 3d game or movie like magic. Sense 3.0, gingerbread, new multi picture feature, adreno 220, pretty much guaranteed operrating system updates (at least 2, like the evo 4g), you know sprint and HTC are good for it. Big battery(1730 mah), sharp screen (16m colors), 4G speeds, .....All in a pretty package, I cant wait.

Check out this interesting display comparison

Super AMOLED Plus vs. Retina vs. Super LCD vs. Nova screens: What's the difference? | Dialed In - CNET Blogs
    How is there 3D in the menus when there are no 3D elements in the UI?
    06-08-2011 05:52 PM
    How is there 3D in the menus when there are no 3D elements in the UI?
    Menus in the 3DS not Evo 3d, ps. I preordered the 3d today, can't wait
    06-08-2011 07:52 PM
    Menus in the 3DS not Evo 3d, ps. I preordered the 3d today, can't wait
    Oh my mistake and nice! Hope you enjoy it!
    06-08-2011 10:20 PM
136 ... 456