Evo 3D vs. Galaxy Within

anon(197032)

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
SG2 lovers seem to name the amoled screen as the second coming, u can see gaps in between the pixels. Other than that the SG2 doesnt have anything other dual core phones dont have already. It was originally 1ghz they bumped it up when they heard of Evo's 1.2, samsung just wants to compete without inovation. If you get the galaxy ur gonna have a screen that gets alil brighter big deal, your gonna have crappy UI, crappy build quality, Non QHD display, bad software support (updates) and nothing revolutionary. Thinest phone my ass, what about a big battery. Come to thing about it, maybee Samsung is trying to copy the half eaten apple.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Hye why the rant? And no I can't see gaps in the pixels, its in my hand. So you are simply wrong. And third it is the thinnest phone, because it just is.
Lets talk about phones like adults, and not just bash phones which you have ZERO idea about, because you don't have the phone, you just read about it. Until you own one, stop trolling.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

anon(197032)

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hye why the rant? And no I can't see gaps in the pixels, its in my hand. So you are simply wrong. And third it is the thinnest phone, because it just is.
Lets talk about phones like adults, and not just bash phones which you have ZERO idea about, because you don't have the phone, you just read about it. Until you own one, stop trolling.

You dont have the Evo 3d. Look close youll see em. i see em everytime i look at my friends epic. I bullet pointed very good points in my post, so what about my post was juvinile. Did I call u a poopy face or somthing. Or are you just mad because I dislike the phone ur holding. You said "And third it is the thinnest phone, because it just is", that sounds Juvinile to me. "Because it just is", ur an idiot, i said nothing out of line. And Congradulations, you bought a phone that uses last years technology. SG2 sucks and apparently so do its owners. Is that adult enough for ya.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
And a 1.2ghz dual core processor with 1 gig ram and 16 gig internal storage and gingerbread 2.3.3 is obviously last years technology.
Yup, that's not wrong at all.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
SG2 lovers seem to name the amoled screen as the second coming, u can see gaps in between the pixels. Other than that the SG2 doesnt have anything other dual core phones dont have already. It was originally 1ghz they bumped it up when they heard of Evo's 1.2, samsung just wants to compete without inovation. If you get the galaxy ur gonna have a screen that gets alil brighter big deal, your gonna have crappy UI, crappy build quality, Non QHD display, bad software support (updates) and nothing revolutionary. Thinest phone my ass, what about a big battery. Come to thing about it, maybee Samsung is trying to copy the half eaten apple.

I'm a new fan of Samsung. The GSII is what brought me out of the woodwork so to speak. The screen is simply the best looking screen out there right now. Does it make other screens look like garbage? Not at all but it definitely is the screen to beat.

I am not a fan of manufacturer UIs either. Sense and Blur are not mt cup of tea but if I had to choose between the 3 I'd choose TouchWiz 4.0 because of one reason. Its unobtrusive.

To be honest HTC wont get me as a customer because of one reason. They are a company like RIM. They pump out 2000 phones a week and skimp on Q&A. They over saturate the market with product and don't focus on quality in my opinion.

I really liked Motorola handsets but they have failed to really improve their hardware. They don't innovate they renovate.

Samsung on the other hand has really stepped up to the plate. The huge jump in tech from the first Galaxy S to the 2 has shown me they are a company that knows what its customers want. I've turned into a big fan but let's see if they can continue this trend of putting out cutting edge hardware ahead of Moto and HTC. LG is another threat on the Android field but that's another thread.

Anyway, show a little respect for the mods. They asked you nicely to bring it down a couple notches. Phones are NOT an extension of ourselves so chill :)

Sent from my Droid

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Back to the topic at hand..

This feels much like the time I had to decide between the Evo 4G and Epic 4G. HTC has better and more timely software support, as well as a stronger developer community (if you are into rooting and ROMs). Samsung OTOH beats them out on hardware with a better screen, faster processor, better GPU, etc. I chose the Epic assuming that software would be equalized thanks to the developer community, however that never happened. But even with weak dev support, I'm very happy with the hardware and the ROMs that are available for the Galaxy S.

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Back to the topic at hand..

This feels much like the time I had to decide between the Evo 4G and Epic 4G. HTC has better and more timely software support, as well as a stronger developer community (if you are into rooting and ROMs). Samsung OTOH beats them out on hardware with a better screen, faster processor, better GPU, etc. I chose the Epic assuming that software would be equalized thanks to the developer community, however that never happened. But even with weak dev support, I'm very happy with the hardware and the ROMs that are available for the Galaxy S.

Except the OG evo got demolished in the Gpu department the first time around. This time both cpu and gpu are extremely close.

Anandtechs first review of the mdp showed it was better overall then the tegra 2. Even the more recent review they had showed the actual chips in the new htc devices was about what they were expecting if you accounted for the lower clock speed. Not to mention the fact the SG2 has to push less pixels with its lower res screen.

Cpu and Gpu this time around is to close to call.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Its like whatever phone you get its gonna be amazing anyways. I would have either phone I just happen to have a sgs2 first. No one should hate on either of these phones. They are premier flagship 4g or 3.5g dual core monsters devices for 2011. Pick your carrier, and get the sgs2. Unless your lucky and are on sprint and can decide between the two.
And on the dev side for the sgs2. Its not even out in the states yet and we have one click root, about 4 solid roms that I know of, (plug here for litening rom here, it owns :) ) and customs overclock and underclocked kernels for days. Also no bugs that I'm aware of. No galaxy s fiasco here. This is the real deal. And cm7 is in the works as of Saturday I believe.
So whoever chooses the evo 3d over the sgs2, good for you. Its gonna be amazing and no doubt revolutionary device. But do not make the decision based on dev support or samsungs reputation. Cause they have begun anew.

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Regardless of which company you like best it's a WIN WIN situation for us the consumer as HTC and Sammy are always gonna try to out do each other bringing better phones ;) and we gotta love that!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Except the OG evo got demolished in the Gpu department the first time around. This time both cpu and gpu are extremely close.

Anandtechs first review of the mdp showed it was better overall then the tegra 2. Even the more recent review they had showed the actual chips in the new htc devices was about what they were expecting if you accounted for the lower clock speed. Not to mention the fact the SG2 has to push less pixels with its lower res screen.

Cpu and Gpu this time around is to close to call.

This is true, hardware is closer this time around - however the GS2 still edges out the E3D. One good everyday-use indication is that there is noticeable slowdown with the E3D when running a live wallpaper, and none with the GS2. But this could be due to the Sense UI. And you're right about the Evo actually having a higher resolution this time - however the reviews I've seen say that overall, the SAMOLED+ experience is better. I'll have to see that one for myself though.

wirelessness#AC

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
To be honest HTC wont get me as a customer because of one reason. They are a company like RIM. They pump out 2000 phones a week and skimp on Q&A.

Samsung on the other hand has really stepped up to the plate.

It's fine to like one manufacturer over the other but you should at least get your facts straight first if that is what you are going to base your decision on.

Samsung sold over 280 million handsets last year. By comparison HTC sold a total of 20 million devices last year. If you want to compare smartphone to smartphone numbers it's a little harder but Samsung sold over 10 million Galaxy S devices in 2010 alone.

The Samsung Nexus S 4G is plagued with issues.

All devices have issues and features that some will like more than others. One is not better than the other. As of now, I prefer HTC because it's a real device announced for Sprint and it has a huge developer following. If/when the Sprint version of the Galaxy S2 comes out I will certainly take a look at it though.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ha ck I can tell. Your gonna love it. Just an unreal experience.
And rag honestly you do have to see the samoled in person to believe it, I thought it was just a normal screen in videos, but when its in person, dang its fancy, my friends jealous cause his iphone4 screen just doesn't pop.
But he also was jealous that the iphone4 screen wasn't as sharp as the qhd my atrix had.
Both these new displays put old stevey to shame haha

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't decided which to get, even thought I put my preorder in for the E3D, I just heard the Samsung Within might be released in late July. I might give the Evo a spin and move to the GS2......The only thing holding me back is all the problems I keep seeing with the GS2's screen. I was browsing the GS2 forums and there seems to be a lot of issues with it not to mention overheating......

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
This is true, hardware is closer this time around - however the GS2 still edges out the E3D. One good everyday-use indication is that there is noticeable slowdown with the E3D when running a live wallpaper, and none with the GS2. But this could be due to the Sense UI. And you're right about the Evo actually having a higher resolution this time - however the reviews I've seen say that overall, the SAMOLED+ experience is better. I'll have to see that one for myself though.

It could also be due to the asynchronous processors on the latest HTC devices.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Pepper from me personally I have had zero issues with the screnn. No yellow tint or anything. And I am overclocked and no overheating. Maybe they got bad devices? I know I ordered from a new shipment

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
^ I just saw that. VERY cool. With Samsung getting better at software updates and now becoming more developer friendly (and still maintaining better hardware), they are poising themselves to overtake HTC in the hardcore community.