Evo 3D vs. Galaxy Within

chance1117

May 8, 2010
Visit site
^ This is irrelevant to me. How about an objective discussion. Where you talk about the facts and opinions without your hormonal obsession. The Galaxy Within is not currently available for sprint so I do not see how this is relevant to the topic. Feel free to express you opinion but fanboyism doesn't add any value to this conversation.

On that note I wish the Galaxy Within had a release date. I think if it was released shortly after the 3D I would have a difficult decision to make. For me it comes down to:
Evo 3D:
Con:
I don't want 3D (I have zero use for it)
Pro:
I like HTC's build quality over Samsung. Samsung just seems too light and breakable.

Not sure about:
Higher pixel density
Better battery?

Galaxy Within:
Pro:
Lower pixel density=better performance. I haven't decided if this a pro or con. I'm happy with the current Evo screen but I haven't had the opportunity to compare it to the Evo 3D
No 3D, I don't want it and this doesn't have it!
Con:
When will it be released?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
^ This is irrelevant to me. How about an objective discussion. Where you talk about the facts and opinions without your hormonal obsession. The Galaxy Within is not currently available for sprint so I do not see how this is relevant to the topic. Feel free to express you opinion but fanboyism doesn't add any value to this conversation.

Infraction sent. No trolling in this thread please. Thank you.

May 28, 2011
Visit site
ill be waiting for the gs2, im willing to give samsung one more chance. besides if i do get a 3d instead it's better to wait to see if it ships locked or not. sprint is going to have alot of good phones to choose from.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If anyone would like to discuss forum rules, you can PM me. This thread is not the place to do it. Once again, let's get back on topic please.

As for my personal observations about the Evo vs Galaxy S or HTC vs Samsung - I would absolutely love it if someone would offer a rebuttal (without name calling/personal attacks). That's why we're all here after all, for an open discussion.

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
^ Totally agree with you! This thread went from informative to a Samsung rocks and HTC sucks infomercia.....I'm still trying to make up my mind , I currently have an Evo but by no means am I exclusive to HTC. If another company is puting out a quality product I'm jumping ship. But I'm looking for an unbiased opinion but that seems impossible in this thread. My only issue is that I don't care for touchwiz and I like sense. But screen wise I'm not sure I love the black levels of the Sammy and color but higher resolution is a plus.........Damn this is going to be tough!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Score another point for the S2! This is awesome! Funny how HTC was locking and encrypting the 3D a few weeks ago to prevent this kind of thing, idiots.

CyanogenMod coming to the Galaxy S 2, thanks to Samsung | Android Central

You left out the biggest part of the story. Remember, the whole "we are listening to the users, so they will be unlocked from now on". That doesn't really work though, for your Samsung is superior theory. For someone that claims dual core phones are useless, and anything but the Nexus line stinks because of running outdated software, you sure have changed your tune.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
1) Light leakage was the worst thing to plague the Evo. And screens weren't falling off stop exaggerating. I'd take a phone with light leakage than a phone that had a complete and underly useless GPS which took MONTHS to fix..

2) The issue of the grounding was a problem for literally a couple of weeks at most. HTC (the company that actually supports their devices) issued a fix for that very soon after the initial launch....

Next..

htcevo4ginkcmo

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Me, me, me! I'm going to hold out for the GS2. I have read the reviews several times just to make sure what they where saying about this phone was real. Sounds like they have put a whole lot of thought in the GS2. I have the Evo now and would not trade for another Evo just for the 3D. The GS2 is on my wish list...gotta have it.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I suppose it's hard to make an informed decision when we don't even have all the facts yet. If the U.S. GS2 phones differ from the international version as much as the GS1 phones did, there could be a lot of added pros/cons.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I hope not. This international version rocks, unlocked, no crapware, unlocked bootloader as well. But alas, the people who get us versions will not be happy if these don't crossover :/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075364
This is what I'm afraid of with the Sammy! They seem to be having a lot of banding issues and problems with this screen, I don't know if I could deal with all that. My only hope is that these issues will be resolved for the US version!

Last edited:

anon(197032)

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This is what I'm afraid of with the Sammy! They seem to be having a lot of banding issues and problems with this screen, I don't know if I could deal with all that. My only hope is that these issues will be resolved for the US version!

The screen (gaps and lines ive been talking about) and battery life, horrible. Samsung isnt moving forward and inovating. Its just focused on making flashy handsets. They throw in a SAmoled screen and play catchup and match specs (like going from 1ghz to 1.2) with a competitor, and you guys go GOO Goo Gaga over it. They might lose that case with apple. PS, apparently IOS5 just got a pulldown notification lol. android should sue apple.

sambao21

May 11, 2011
Visit site
between these two release roms, sense is way better than touch wiz, no doubt...do we know if within will be unlocked? because if its unlocked, then its all moot.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

If this issue were widespread I'd be worried but its not. Search the Droid 1, EVO or any other phone you can think of and you will see issue threads. Its normal.....

Sent from my Droid

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I hope not. This international version rocks, unlocked, no crapware, unlocked bootloader as well. But alas, the people who get us versions will not be happy if these don't crossover :/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Well crapwear is a given :)

One thing that I do like about the Galaxy SII is that I don't feel a need to have it be unlocked. If its unlocked great if not no big deal. I am looking forward to owning a phone I don't have to root and ROM to enjoy. Droid has filled my flashing addiction for good.

I'm looking forward to a great OTB experience to be perfectly honest.

Sent from my Droid

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the old Iphone reception excuse. "All phones do it"

Come on LOL, not at all. When the EVO 3D comes out and there are a few issue threads, which there will be, are you going to claim it's a device with a lot of issues? I would hope not.

Be realistic here.....you're just hating on the phone now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781