What are the privileges of Android users that Iphone users will never have?

leonador87

Dec 13, 2019
Visit site
What do you think about this ?
Me first, multiple texting on social media platform like messenger without jumping out the current working screen.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
We already know the answer to this (rolls eyes).

More/better customisation, S-pen, headphone jack, expandable storage (to a limited extent), more variety, software freedoms, more apps, faster charging, more value-for-money, a better AI assistant (Google Assistant), better integration with Google products/apps/services and cheaper/better storage options.

We already knew this. Seems like a post trying to start a flame war. I’m not listing the advantages of iPhones because that wasn’t the question, not because it’s one sided (which it isn’t).

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
We already know the answer to this (rolls eyes).

More/better customisation, S-pen, headphone jack, expandable storage (to a limited extent), more variety, software freedoms, more apps, faster charging, more value-for-money, a better AI assistant (Google Assistant), better integration with Google products/apps/services and cheaper/better storage options.

We already knew this. Seems like a post trying to start a flame war. I’m not listing the advantages of iPhones because that wasn’t the question, not because it’s one sided (which it isn’t).
Advantage of the iPhone :

Less back pain. It's been shown that a thinner wallet is not as bad for the back as a full one.

Free rhinoplasty : New iPhone users will appear to have their noses turned up at un-applers. < TM Un-applers

Free advertising : You will have your own (plus about a billion others) special text bubble color!

And most of all, quality Chinese craftsmanship .

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Advantage of the iPhone :

Less back pain. It's been shown that a thinner wallet is not as bad for the back as a full one.

Free rhinoplasty : New iPhone users will appear to have their noses turned up at un-applers. < TM Un-applers

Free advertising : You will have your own (plus about a billion others) special text bubble color!

And most of all, quality Chinese craftsmanship .

iPhones do have good quality craftsmanship and so do the vast majority of Android phones as well (all the mainstream companies). The majority of the phones are built in China and are of outstanding quality...let’s not be stereotypical about China, because they have shown that they are able to make great products at great prices.

If iPhones were made in the USA the quality would be the same but much more expensive. Personally I don’t want or need the ‘Made in the USA’ sticker if it increases the price of the phone by a couple hundred dollars.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't think Android or iPhone users care much what advantage one has over the other they just use which platform works for them .

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't aware Android phones consisted of just SamsungNote series devices. In America , is that the only choices you have for Android phones?
Not at all. I have a Samsung device now, but it's the S10+. Previous devices were OG Moto X, Moto X Pure Edition and LG V20.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Wasn't aware Android phones consisted of just SamsungNote series devices. In America , is that the only choices you have for Android phones?
Thank God I don't live in what you called "America". Yes, I live in America, but South America, Brazil. And, no, here we have a lot of more choices made in China, and Samsung. Obviously not so much as you have in, I don't know, Europe?

But, as you may have noted, for me only Android who excels iPhone is Samsung, because of S-Pen. For all the rest I prefer very much my old beloved iPhone X.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Europe is (in my opinion) the best place to live in regarding phone choices. Here’s why:

In the USA and to a lesser extent, Canada you don’t really get much variety. You have iPhones, a few Samsungs (less than half their range), some LG, minor brands like Motorola and that’s about it. Chinese brands like Huawei are a big no-no because of economic protectionism. Some phones are more expensive, others cheaper (regarding exchange rates etc. To make things more complicated most people buy their phones from carriers instead of sim-free, making switching harder, the phones sometimes more expensive than they should be and filled with carrier bloat.

In China...well, for one Google and many other companies are banned or not present, which kinda sucks regarding popular apps, software and services. You do get big names like Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus and OPPO there, and they in addition to many others like Samsung and Apple are also more or less present in the rest of Asia, with Google services. Problem is (like with South America) due to various regulations some updates and features aren’t allowed (e.g NFC sometimes).

Regarding Africa, the number of phone companies reliably operating there and network coverage is far from ideal, although it depends where you are.

Europe isn’t perfect, but you get Google services, all the brands (worth knowing) you could want have a reliable presence there with nearly all their phones being available (Samsung, Xiaomi, Apple, Huawei etc...even smaller ones like Nokia and Motorola) at a decent price compared to other regions.

Sim-free phones are much more common and easier to buy and carrier bloat doesn’t really exist (e.g in the UK banning carrier locked phones is about to be made law)...switching provider is also easier. Network coverage isn’t ideal but is pretty solid, and you can be sure that features like NFC are allowed there, including future ones. European governments/regulators are cautious about security, yet they remain pretty much true to capitalism and free markets by not engaging in prejudiced economic bullying like the USA against Huawei without evidence.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Europe is (in my opinion) the best place to live in regarding phone choices. Here’s why:

In the USA and to a lesser extent, Canada you don’t really get much variety. You have iPhones, a few Samsungs (less than half their range), some LG, minor brands like Motorola and that’s about it. Chinese brands like Huawei are a big no-no because of economic protectionism. Some phones are more expensive, others cheaper (regarding exchange rates etc. To make things more complicated most people buy their phones from carriers instead of sim-free, making switching harder, the phones sometimes more expensive than they should be and filled with carrier bloat.

In China...well, for one Google and many other companies are banned or not present, which kinda sucks regarding popular apps, software and services. You do get big names like Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus and OPPO there, and they in addition to many others like Samsung and Apple are also more or less present in the rest of Asia, with Google services. Problem is (like with South America) due to various regulations some updates and features aren’t allowed (e.g NFC sometimes).

Regarding Africa, the number of phone companies reliably operating there and network coverage is far from ideal, although it depends where you are.

Europe isn’t perfect, but you get Google services, all the brands (worth knowing) you could want have a reliable presence there with nearly all their phones being available (Samsung, Xiaomi, Apple, Huawei etc...even smaller ones like Nokia and Motorola) at a decent price compared to other regions.

Sim-free phones are much more common and easier to buy and carrier bloat doesn’t really exist (e.g in the UK banning carrier locked phones is about to be made law)...switching provider is also easier. Network coverage isn’t ideal but is pretty solid, and you can be sure that features like NFC are allowed there, including future ones. European governments/regulators are cautious about security, yet they remain pretty much true to capitalism and free markets by not engaging in prejudiced economic bullying like the USA against Huawei without evidence.
How did you manage to leave out Pixels as a choice in the US? Also Huawei devices are not compatible on the major carriers in the US so it's more than just economic protection.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
How did you manage to leave out Pixels as a choice in the US? Also Huawei devices are not compatible on the major carriers in the US so it's more than just economic protection.

Fair enough, I did forget about the Pixels. Still, compared to the variety elsewhere it’s not much. Even if Huawei phones were compatible in the USA, I don’t think they would be successful facing the huge ‘Wall of National Security’ the USA has put up. But that’s just my opinion.

PackersOwner1

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
Can you expand on how Huawei devices (I presume that you mean like phones) are incompatible with US carriers? My understanding is that the spying concern (real or imagined) was over the Huawei infrastructure products more than user equipment. Is it because Huawei and ZTE dared to challenge the Qualcomm monopoly? As an Amercian consumer (the one who ends up paying all of those exorbitant fees, rolled into the price of the phone), I'm fine with that. Qualcomm is an IP troll that deserves to be stopped.

Casualballer

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Can you expand on how Huawei devices (I presume that you mean like phones) are incompatible with US carriers? My understanding is that the spying concern (real or imagined) was over the Huawei infrastructure products more than user equipment. Is it because Huawei and ZTE dared to challenge the Qualcomm monopoly? As an Amercian consumer (the one who ends up paying all of those exorbitant fees, rolled into the price of the phone), I'm fine with that. Qualcomm is an IP troll that deserves to be stopped.

I believe a lot of them are missing the common LTE bands that US carriers use.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Nova Launcher, PROPER emulation of x86 and PowerPC based computers, getting APKs and multimedia from wherever you want and organizing it like on a PC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma