Weekly Photo Contest: Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Wood.jpg

Block wall. Taken with the Nexus 5 in HDR+ mode.

Another week, another chance to show off your best photos taken with Android devices and have a shot at winning an awesome prize. We're coming hot off the heels of a well-received photo contest that saw five folks pick up an Android Central t-shirt, and we hope we get another great turnout. This week's prompt is simple and easy to find subject material for ? "wood." Whether it's trees, chairs or doors, there's a good chance you can take an artistic photo of something wooden this week. Let's see what you can do.

As always, there will be prizes for the best photos of the bunch. We're in a giving mood again this week and will pick five winners, each of whom will receive a Chromecast!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (February 11) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine ? this is art.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I was taking a Fall hike in Windham, NY, when I stumbled across this abandoned, vintage, rusty bicycle propped against an old tree, sitting on a pile of beautiful fall leaves. The photo was taken with my then-phone (the HTC Droid DNA). I used PicSay Pro to adjust the contrast and saturation, to make the beautiful colors pop more. It's one of my favorite pictures that I ever took on a mobile device. Thanks AC for these awesome contests!

AbandonedBike.jpg

hollywould

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Thought this was really pretty.
azyqu4er.jpg

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
yjyhevar.jpg
Nexus 5, unedited HDR shot from a ridge line overlooking the housing area I live in on the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tang li qun

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
IMAG1478_1.jpg

A beautiful open courtyard somewhere along the road in China, used as a kitchen. I loved the composition of wood with cement render walls.

Taken with HTC one, edited with snapseed.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
A couple awesome old wooden chairs my two boys are sitting in. Taken with my LG G2 edited with Pixlr Express.
nuqy7e4u.jpg

michael taylor4

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
IMG_0429-1.jpgHi this is a picture of a tree growing out of a wall it was taken at eastham country park ,wirral during a walk we went on. It was taken on my s3 cropped pic. Good luck all.mike Taylor s3

Last edited:

n4life

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I want a chromecast! :)

Description: Sensors wireless testbed with nodes on poles (wood)
Smartphone: Nexus 5 HDR+ with Pixlr
IMG_20140206_082904 (1).jpg

LC Johnny

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
A type of fungus (that i cant remember the name) that survives in trees of regions where the air quality is pure.
Taken during a trip to "Minas Gerais" here in Brazil with the good old Galaxy S3 (stock camera) in macro mode without filters.
20140113_165218.jpg
Don't expect to win, because the shipping problem, but want to participate anyway

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's "El ?rbol de las Almas Ca?das" (The Tree of Fallen Souls), a petrified tree in Durango, Mexico that's been carved to depict the faces and bodies of souls 'flowing' in the tree, using the branches as limbs and bodies... Creepy concept, beautiful execution. The picture is only a portion of the tree, taken with a Galaxy Note 3, #nofilter :)
20140203_143957.jpg

hynden

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
vsco_082113_49.jpg

I guess those two doors are wooden. Taken with Nexus 4 on the island Kastellorizo, Greece.
Edited with VSCO cam.

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This is a shot of a wood chip belt that I took with my Samsung GS2. I used PicSay Pro to edit contrast.

Attachments

• chipbelt.jpg
    chipbelt.jpg
    874.6 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.