Weekly Photo Contest: Light and Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Light-Shadows.jpg

The train ride home. Taken with a Nexus 5.

Another week, another photo contest to flex your photography skills and above all get out there and shoot. We give you a prompt to work with for each contest, and this week it's all about "light and shadows." One of the biggest parts of photography is managing light and how it makes your subject matter work. Proper use of light (and conversely, shadows) is one of the characteristics of a great photographer, and we're ready to see what you can do.

This week we're picking out five winners to receive prizes, and each will win their very own Android mini collectible figurine. We have several kinds, so you'll have to be surprised by the one you receive.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (March 18) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine ? this is art.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
One mist evening through my G2
y2u2epyj.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Photo taken with a Galaxy S4 in Hoboken NJ right on the Hudson.

Attachments

• 20130501_194051_LLS.jpg
    20130501_194051_LLS.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 61

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
More light than shadows, but still one of my favorites. Taken with my galaxy s4, unedited. (can we get an unedited contest? Personally, I'm not a fan of the snapseed edits)

2013-06-03 11.45.46.jpg

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
7agera2y.jpg

Taken Sunday evening outside of work. Rainbow cloud shows up on first day of daylight savings time with the sun off to the side. My S4 was the camera once again, and no editing done. Only thing special I did was aim the phone so that the sun could still be seen but illuminated the rainbow cloud.

Sent from my S4 to you via Tapatalk ON KITKAT 4.4 (Finally!) 🍫

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22