Weekly Photo Contest: Clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Clouds.jpg

Clouds over the Columbia River. Taken with a Nexus 5.

No matter what the prompt is for our Weekly Photo Contests, we usually end up getting a good number of skyline or scenery shots. That doesn't mean that people aren't following the contest guideline, but that there's just a lot going on up there in the sky that can add cool dimension to your photos. For that reason we're going with "clouds" as this week's photo contest prompt, letting you express your best photography skills looking up at the sky.

For their entries this week, we'll be giving away a Chromecast to three winners of this contest.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (June 24) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
2012-05-29 20.42.39.jpg

Took this photo of Supercell Thunderstorm clouds over western Oklahoma with a HTC One X. Used the stock camera app with the built in HDR mode. No post-edits.

hconant

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20131110_113313.jpg

Taken with my Nexus 5 enhanced within the Photos app.

How you view this picture might say a lot about your outlook on life. Is the sun coming out or are the clouds coming in?

slcbtf

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
20130605_121138.jpg

Taken with an Samsung Galaxy 3. Used Camera 360 with HDR and then hit the enhance button to edit. First major league baseball game.

Last edited:

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
clouds.jpg

Took it with my Samsung Galaxy S4 stock camera app with 16:9 aspect ratio and HDR mode.
I was waiting for my cruise ship to leave at the harbor of Ensenada, Mexico.

robertd0619

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
eze9abe2.jpg

Took this picture this morning with my Galaxy S4 on CM11 no edits.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

jbhenry

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Here's mine. I shot this a couple days ago on the way to work.

IMG_20140616_064159442_HDR.jpg

Taken with my Moto X. I think I had HDR mode on, and G+ did the auto-enhance thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.