Weekly Photo Contest: Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Bridges.jpg

San Francisco side of the Bay Bridge. Taken with the HTC One M8.

Bridges are pretty much a necessity for efficient transportation of all kinds, whether you're trying to get around mountains, over water or just reroute traffic. They're also often fantastic pieces of architectural beauty and functionality, making them great subjects for photos. This week we want to see your best pictures of bridges, no matter what their purpose.

Two entries to this contest will be worthy of prizes, and this week we're offering up a Patriot FUEL Active Mobile 6000mAh Rechargeable Battery /w 3-stage LED Flashlight!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (August 26) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's my entry :) Taken with a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, stock camera, HDR mode. This was in Puerto Progreso, Merida in Southern Mexico.
20140809_092923_Richtone(HDR).jpg

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Each year my dad and I compete in river fishing tournaments. We fish robalo (Dicentrarchus labrax) and sábalo (Prochilodus lineatus).

The bridge is an old one and has those apertures in the middle to rise when needed but in my life I have never seen it risen, not once. It crosses the Usumacinta river, which is the biggest in Mexico. It is born in Guatemala and ends on the Gulf of Mexico.

The photo was taken during my home town tournament back in may. I used my HTC One M7 and did no editing on the image.

20140517_180955_Android.jpg

Thime

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This was taken in June, in Venice, Italy, towards the end of my hols, lolling around the city. It was a particularly pleasant day after a rainy night that had left some of the streets under water.What I like about this picture is that you can actually see the water flowing in the canal. Galaxy S4 GT i9500. No filters. Automatic shooting mode. IMG_20140624_161444.jpg

dhelfinstine

May 11, 2010
twitter.com
IMG_20140808_121814.jpg
Stillwater Lift Bridge, Stillwater, MN taken with Nexus 5 stock camera in HDR+ mode

I live in the Twin Cities and I've been to Stillwater before, but never to the downtown area. I decided to go one afternoon a few weeks ago. I was sitting at a beautiful park on a hill overlooking the bridge, and decided I needed to see it up close. I took a short walk around downtown to see all of the shops and restaurants. I had no idea that so many interesting places were there! It's really a cool bridge - just behind me is downtown Stillwater. The bridge has a very short end before a stoplight. The road is a main thoroughfare, and it jogs left through downtown. Crazy seeing semis and all different vehicles barreling through the city, barely missing each other. The bridge is nearing end of life. A new bridge is being built south of this about a half mile, where it will actually meet the main highway. I'm not sure what will become of the bridge when that happens. As it is, the bridge is usually closed for several months during the year due to deterioration, high water and repairs. The river it crosses is the St. Croix that meets up a few miles south with the Mississippi, and the other side is Wisconsin.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
c1e523b808211fd5926829b27117d7b5.jpg

Took this on the most amazing vacation of my life. Vancouver to Alaska cruise, this bridge in the Vancouver area.

Taken with my Galaxy SIII, edited in Snapseed.

PhiMu

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
The Ben Franklin Bridge at Penn's Landing in Philly at night taken with a Nexus 5 and Google+ Enhanced

Attachments

• IMG_20140211_182724.jpg
    IMG_20140211_182724.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 82

GaMMeLHaNsy

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
This is a bridge in Madrid over the river Manzanares. It's not a very big river and not a very big bridge, but it has a very unique and butiful arcitecture.
Took this Photo before crossing the bridge with my Nexus 5 and edited it with the Google Fotos App using the HDR Scape filter to emphasize the unique arcitecture, the wood / steel material contrast and the unique shaddow pattern.

IMG_20140817_163238[1].jpg

kc66

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
bridge pic1.jpgbridge pic2.jpg
Forgive me if I screwed this up, I've tried to upload anything to enter one of these. Help is appreciated if its wrong.
This is taken from the top deck of the Explorer of the Seas in April. It leaves NJ and goes under the Verazanno Bridge. Clears by about 10 feet or so and that is the underside of the bridge.

maximus24

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
CAM02229.jpg

This is a picture of an old railroad bridge I came across while on a road trip in Pennsylvania- a very cool thing to walk across!

-Taken with my LG Optimus F3
-No editing done

briggslife101

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Railway crossing in Carlsbad California, Amtrack uses this line from San Francisco, Los Angeles to San Diego. . Photo taken by Samsung Galaxy Note 3..

Attachments

• IMG_20140703_103243.jpg
    IMG_20140703_103243.jpg
    623.2 KB · Views: 66

ohbroncofan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Toledo, Spain. Taken with Droid Maxx. I thought the photos looked good on my phone when I took them during our visit to London, Paris, Madrid, and Toledo. But it blew me away when I saw them in a larger format how good they actually looked.

IMG_20140625_123758803_HDR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.