Weekly Photo Contest: Statues

Status
Not open for further replies.

robrrtp

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
20140921_174354_1.jpg

Spanish Conquistador Tristán de Luna y Arellano, downtown Pensacola. I probably should have left it alone, but usually can't help but hack a pic to death with snapseed. Galaxy S4

das0527

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Vultures.jpg

I took this Saturday using my S5. The editing was done by Google+ AutoAwesome.

I actually found this picture in my Google+ gallery while reading an article on Rolling Stone's website about the death of Gram Parsons. I could just picture these lanky buzzards circling above Cap Rock as Phil Kaufman prepared to torch Parsons' coffin.

tigerpierre

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The "Appeal to the Great Spirit" statue in front of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston was adorned with a Boston Red Sox jersey last year after the Red Sox won the World Series! Photo was taken with my Samsung Galaxy SIII and filtered with Snapseed. You can actually see the helicopters that were following the parade route!

IMG_20131102_110050.jpg

RickDImagery

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
IMG_20140904_105138.jpg

I recently took this photo on my Samsung Galaxy S5 while riding a Jet Ski around Manhattan. I started my trip in Port Washington and went up the East River to the Statue Of Liberty then back down the Hudson and into the Harlem river and finally made my way back into the Long Island Sound and back to Port Washington Long Island(In all it took about 6 hours with one stop to refuel). Needless to say, taking photos from a Jet ski in those waters is not easy but I had fun and managed to get a few okay shots.

Last edited:

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay! Once in a while, you gotta go and hang with the boys. This is my guy's night out skate night. We drive down to Philly and longboard around the Art Museum loop. It's about 8 miles of laughing and skating fun. Of course, we run up the Art Museum steps, like the Italian Stallion, and then say "hi" to our friend Rocky. So, here he is!

This was taken with my Samsung Galaxy s3, currently on a CM11 nightly, using the Google Camera app and Google Photos as the photo editor!

View attachment 137806

Attachments

• rocky photo contest.jpg
    rocky photo contest.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 13

Ramsy

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Asheville Cat Walk - Vandaleyes edition

Here is a picture of the statute of the guy that appears on the American $5 bill. Photo was taken at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. with a LG G3 and edited in Snapseed.

Lincoln Memorial.jpg

mercado79

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Asheville Cat Walk - Vandaleyes edition

Rittenhouse Square Park, Philadelphia, PA. This was a weekend trip to meet up with old friends from high school (been more than a decade). Did a bit of walking around the city and came across this statue. Photo taken with my Moto X. Stock software. Auto HDR turned on. Not much more than that.

IMG_20140622_131100426_HDR.jpg

Jawa90jt

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Here is my photo:20140216_120516.jpg

This is a picture of Karl Marx statue in the front of Red Square. The photo was taken on my recent trip to Russia; pit stop in Moscow before heading to Sochi for the Olympics. Quick back story, this is one of the last photos I took before I was left in Russia by my significant other and had to venture to the Olympics solo and take a arduous trip back on a train to catch a flight home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol