Weekly Photo Contest: Messy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
weekly-photo-contest-messy.jpg

Post Alley wall. Taken with a Nexus 5.

Things get messy, dirty, unmanageable and gross throughout life. Not everything out on the street is clean — but as long as you don't go picking up food off the sidewalk, you'll probably be just fine. We're looking for pictures this week that symbolize "messy," whether that's a dirty wall in an alley or maybe just an untamed garden in your backyard. We can't wait to see what you come up with this week to meet the prompt.

For your effort we're picking out two winners this week to win prizes. Each winner will get a Belkin Mini Surge Protector with 500mA USB Charger! A great travel accessory to have.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (Sept 30) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

jeddo45

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
This is as messy as it gets. My 23 year old brothers bed. It looks like a swap meet. Taken with a Nexus 5.
#nofilterIMG_20140924_135107.jpg

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
A puppy can be messy. In this case, my dog decided it'd be fun to mess up my clean laundry...and make a really cute pose.
cf48bfe31055bad1e13653d6c0b130ea.jpg

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
IMG_20140921_174530.jpg

A friend and I attempted to bake this past weekend. She thought it'd be a good idea to put cupcakes back into the oven after putting frosting on.

Maffuccic

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
This photo was taken behind my house last fall with a Nexus 5. The editing was accomplished with Google+/Google Photos. Over one year prior to the photo, I quickly planted a few sweet potatoes. The area became overgrown with grass and weeds. It seemed like a completely lost cause and I decided to mow down the eye sore. Sure enough, the caster on my mower kicked up a potato while turning around. In the end, almost two bags of sweet potatoes were hiding in the ground. No fertilizer, no watering, and sandy Florida soil...Hilarious.

IMG_20140201_140415_1.jpg

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
IMG_2014-09-24_04_55_40.jpg

This photo was taken with my brand new LG G3, and edited with XnRetro Pro. I work for the railroad, what you're looking at is a water heated bin for lube oil bags. I have a lot of other grimy photos but something about this one really caught my attention.

Lookatthemonkeys

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20140610_161609.jpg
Taken with my Nexus 5 while in Brazil for the World Cup. These are power meters in Rio de Janerio favelas.

BTW I like the description for the prize" Features mini-USB cable to charge virtually any USB device—including BlackBerry® and Motorola® RAZR phones"

WOW! It will charge my RAZR!

Mek TX

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is going to be a legit entry as this was taken not using the stock cam on my xperia tx but i'll post it anyway with fingers crossed...

hdr_00045_0.jpg

pic was taken from one of the messy areas in my workshop using Xperia TX with Pro HDR camera app.

kiko66613

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
After our Iligan City Computing Fair with the theme "Next Level, Power Up", all the 'Plants vs Zombies' designs were cramped by the stairs of our school because the storage room was currently full.
Taken with my Xperia Z2 and enhanced the color and brightness with Pixlr. tmp_9399-DSC_08732043544770.jpg

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
f6ae79dc0a1fe30a74a4446157e903db.jpg

Took this photo from my Nexus 5, judging from the slightly lower resolution I'm pretty sure I had HDR+ enabled.

I have a bed in my apartment that my family has not been using for quite some time now, so we put random stuff that we'll need on it.

Now this photo includes clothes, a stained Wii remote, socks, a TV, and how can we forget about the scarf buried under the TV. :D

Sorry if the photo's a bit too messy, but I thought it would be worthy of submission. Hope you guys like it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.