Weekly Photo Contest: Looking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
weekly-photo-contest-look-up.jpg

Up over the Flatiron building. Taken with an HTC One M8.

Whether it's in the physical world peering toward tall buildings or in an emotional sense thinking of a role model or a relative, you're always looking up in one way or another. That's the inspiration for this week's photo contest, where we're looking for photos that capture the idea of "looking up." There are a few different directions you could take this contest, and we're excited to see what you can come up with.

For their entries this week, we'll be awarding two winners with a $50 ShopAndroid gift card to spend as they wish!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (February 3) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Brad Boland

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Taken with the new Moto X and edited in Snapseed. My family and I were in downtown Mobile, Alabama for a state gymnastics meet and I used the double motion hand gesture to quickly snap this one as we were walking to the convention center.
IMG_20141205_142443511_2.jpg

bitbank1

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
This was taken with my Nexus 5 (HDR+ mode) in Vila D'este in Tivoli, Italy. The place is a spectacular garden filled with impressive water fountains, but I looked up and saw this scene that just wanted to be captured :)IMG_20150104_160123[1].jpg

encelle111

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Visiting my daughter in St. Louis over Thanksgiving...went to the Arch, reservations, etc....wound up having a snow storm which rendered visibility zero at the top....we went back another day.20141126_150208_resized_1.jpg

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The small lunch pantry in our office has a window looking over at another bland building, but if you look up you can see some sky between the buildings. I especially like how the sun reflected off the windows to create some interesting shapes of light. Taken with an LG G3. Can't remember if I applied any filters or not. If I did it just would have been the on-camera stuff.

inside looking out lg g3.jpg

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
The wife and I visited Florida last January, the timing couldn't have been better since it was below zero at home. We took a trip to Saint Augustine and I took this of the lighthouse with my Nexus 5 with HDR+ enabled.

IMG_20140112_115005.jpg

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Taken with my Note 4, no filters, just stock camera. Not that interesting of a story behind the picture, it was taken out my back garden, I just liked the photo :)

20141122_130344.jpg

mELIANTE

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Nexus S, in a visit to London in 2012. Little did I know that would be where I would be starting my new life.
c77b6838db836cc0b5262660338078da.jpg

Edited in Snapseed.

jtcromer

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Taken today, 1/28/15
Kentucky State Capital Building.
Frankfort, KY.
First clear day we've had in awhile.
Galaxy S5 Active stock app.
No editing software.

Everything I needed to know, I learned from kayaking a good creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.