Android Central Photo Contest: Rust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
ac-photo-contest-rust.jpg

Rusty dock parts. Taken with a Galaxy Note 5.

Whether you live in an area with lots of sea water or not, you're likely to encounter your fair share of rust. And when you do, we want you to take the best possible picture of it for the latest Android Central Photo Contest. No matter what the rusty situation is or what Android you're currently carrying, you have a chance to enter and win a prize this week.

Two winners will take home a prize at the end of the contest, with each one receiving a $50 ShopAndroid gift card!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (Sept 8) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with the next contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per contest per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Neglected bench, with a preserved example only fifty yards away. Samsung Note 4, FV-5 camera app, minor retouching in Photoshop. Taken at the seaside in Portsmouth, UK.
FV-50146_cr copy.jpg
FV-50116_cr2.jpg

bunjiweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
GrandadsNails.jpg

I took this photo with my HTC One M7 in the shed that belonged to my Grandad who passed away a few years ago. When I visited in April I found that my Gran has - to this day - left the shed and its contents totally untouched. I shared a silent moment of remembrance for my Grandad, who taught me the basics of woodwork in this shed, and found these untouched rusty nails symbollic of the time that had stood still in this once-precious personal space of his.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

Ben

Matt Machens

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
IMG_20150820_135436630.jpg

This photo is of the USS Arizona in Peal Harbor, peeking its head out of the ocean. Took the tour of the memorial this past week and was amazed at the events that went down that day.

This photo was taken on my DROID MAXX on my recent trip to Hawaii and was edited in LightRoom.

rdlboston

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Photo taken with HTC One M8. Edited with Snapseed. This pic was taken last year on the shore of George's Island, my daughter and niece.

Posted via the Android Central App

rdlboston

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Pic was taken with my HTC One M8, edited with Snapseed. My daughter and niece on the shores of George's Island.

Colontrelle

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I work based out of Prudhoe Bay, AK. I was driving out one day to a remote location and saw this beauty just sitting there abandoned and taken over by nature. I took this picture roughly 2am during the summer when we had 24 hours of daylight. No effects or anything else, just my HTC One M7. Hope you enjoy the picture!image.jpeg

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Old wheelbarrow from my backyard. Taken with Alcatel Idol 3 and edited in Photoshop Express.

45778786361b5e44e53b4b0f102fc32d.jpg

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Rusted chain near the Golden Gate Bridge just before sunset. It's an HDR shot taken with my One M8. The wife and I were just on an evening stroll in the city. We live in San Jose about 40 minutes away and come to San Francisco every couple weeks or so.

IMAG0125.jpg

bdmridgeback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I built this '55 Chevy First series. Kept all the original rust for character. Taken years ago with my Galaxy S4, no touch ups or filters, stock auto setting.

slick5150

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I came across this abandoned & rusted out car while hiking in the middle of nowhere near Sintra, Portugal. God knows how long it has been there, but nature has clearly had its way with the car over the years. The photos were taken on a Motorola Droid Turbo.
IMG_20150108_133924.jpg
IMG_20150108_133945.jpg

mlmeloy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow, lots of cool pictures already. This is a picture of one of the sculptures a The Scrap Metal museum called The World of Doctor Evermor. I took it with my Zenfone 2. Cropped it a bit in Google photos but that's it.

skooter16

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I took this months ago with my Pure edition Moto x 2014
Taken at White Oak Farms Golf Course
I believe it was edited with Snap seeds HDR

Attachments

• IMG_20150406_160123.jpg
    IMG_20150406_160123.jpg
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 79
Status