Android Central Photo Contest: Transportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
ac-photo-contest-transportation.jpg

Gare du Nord train board.

Everyone does it a little differently, but no matter where you are you need to get from place to place somehow. That may be on foot sometimes, or in a car, or a bus or train or airplane — but transportation is seriously important to the way we live our lives. In this contest, we're looking for your best "transportation" photos, no matter the form or location.

We're picking five winners to take home prizes in this latest contest, with each one picking up a Google Cardboard VR viewer for their entry!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (December 1) night at 11:59 p.m. ET, and announce them on the blog with the next contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per contest per person.

Good luck, everyone!

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Taken with note 5. Edited with snapseed. Out on some trails on a beautiful autumn day.

Ok... Never mind. Wont let me upload pic or delete post.

mrbanks

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Taking with the LG G2 Google Camera with lens blur. Saw a car show ending took some pics before they left

135bc717c84cfa569d2f2034d3af8ed0.jpg

thacounty

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I took this with a Nexus 5. I don't think I edited, but if I did it was in Instagram. Something about the way it was sitting with the trailer up the hill made me think it was a cool shot of the truck and trailer. I was moving my brother and just took the dump trailer to load everything up. Since I was headed to Nashville to pick his stuff up I decided to give it a wash. Should have washed the trailer too!

Edit: That's a tight sqeeze into the driveway of my garage, where he stored his stuff. Of course I got it first try as always ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20141007_223029.jpg
    IMG_20141007_223029.jpg
    984 KB · Views: 143

anon(8678058)

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
IMAG0920.jpg
This pic is of a rental Chevrolet Traverse on my vacation to California. This was taken on the trip back from Yosemite. It was pretty dark, so I'm pretty satisfied with the results that my HTC One M9 gave me. The photo is unedited.

prog19

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
34y9y1c.jpg
I took this pic in the Subway of Rio de Janeiro, Metrô Rio, It was an evening and i thought of a long exposure using the L Camera app and my inseparable mini tripod (I use it very much for recording my work). I don't think i edited this, I can't remember. But I think it's a really nice composition. Hope you guys enjoy it

twinsfan1313

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
2011-08-21_17-33-40_591.jpg

Taken on a trip from Cali to Atlanta. I was moving my dad out to where he grew up as a kid. Every once in a while we would find an area to jump on the old Route 66 and just Cruise..... Taken with a Droid Razr.

leobloom

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
IMG_20141203_204426 (1).jpg

Android device used: Nexus 5, f/2.41/103.97 mmISO800

The Number 11 Routemaster is a hybrid diesel-electric bus operated in London. Designed by Heatherwick Studio, it is manufactured by Wrightbus, and is notable for featuring a "hop-on hop-off".

This particular Routemaster is the number 11, the photo was taken in December 2014 when Google sponsored a number of buses for their "be together not the same campaign", The bus is part of my journey home and is one of the most sightseeing of regular London buses. The journey starts at Fulham Town Hall and ends at Liverpool Street Station.

Along the route you can see historic buildings and places such as: Victoria Coach Station, Westminster Cathedral, New Scotland Yard, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben & the Houses of Parliament, Whitehall, Downing Street, Horse Guards Parade, Trafalgar Square, The Strand, The Royal Courts Of Justice, St Paul's Cathedral and Liverpool Street Station. The journey home takes longer by bus than by underground however it's a much more pleasant ride especially at night. It's a fantastic way to ride through the streets of London.

owenrg

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Taken with the Nexus 5X at Boeing Field in Seattle at about 5:30am. No flash. The light is from the floods off the hangar behind me. I touch the photo up a little using google's photo app. A little grainy, but I think the Nexus 5x did a good job considering I just pulled my phone out and snapped this while walking.

I recently took a new job working with a great group of people flying this Lear 31a. It has been a blessing to be able to come to work every day and love what I do. The two other pilots I work with are very nice, smart and accommodating. Enjoy the photo!

IMG_20151111_055443-2.jpg

wilmah

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
This is in Denver Colorado. I was getting my oil changed and right when I got out of my car I heard these guys gawking away. Canadian Geese? They were flying right above me and I was able to snap a quick shot with my LG G4. I cropped and did an autocorrect edit with Google Photos. I'm able to find this picture in my library if I search for "flight" in Google Photos.

Flight.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674