[CLOSED] Android Central Photo Contest: It's Cold!

Sean Legend

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
0decd26434b55412b55226b49a0a2304.jpg

This is one of the first pictures I took on my new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. One of the reasons I got it was for the camera, and I found that snapping shots of trees was a great way to get some easy pictures. I used the default photo app to add filters on this picture to make it more blue, in order to give it a more snowy, cold, isolate, and (Admittedly) anime vibe/appearance.

jhickin

May 27, 2015
Visit site
20170124_105942-01.jpg
I live in Hawaii, but recently took a trip to Nevada. This was taken in Red Rock Canyon. I used a V10 and edited it with Snapseed.

John Murray7

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site

We've been listening to your requests, and we're happy to announce that we're bringing back the Android Central photo contests! We'll be running each contest for two weeks so everyone has plenty of time to snap a great shot and get it posted in the forums for judging, so keep an eye out every second Monday for a new theme and new chance to win!

Now, let's get to this contest's prompt — "cold." Now you don't have to live in a cold climate to take a picture for this contest, but you may have to think outside the box to get something interesting. We can't wait to see the chilly photos you take this week.

We'll be picking two winners for this contest, with each taking home an Honor 6X phone and Doctor Strange prize pack!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Sunday (February 12th) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with the next contest.
  • Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per contest per person.

Good luck, everyone!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
HDR+ Taken with my 6P, edited via Google Photos.

It was a brutally cold, windy morning with wind chills approaching -30F, shortly after sunrise.

IMG_20160113_101626 (2).jpg

clrdust

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nothing speaks Cold like - ICELAND, Ice for miles. We are on top of Vatnajökull glacier in Iceland. This place is beyond beautiful. Taken with LG-G4, Love the camera on this phone still rocking even after 2 yearsssssss.

DSC_0272.jpg

gazuga6176

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Walking with my dog over the frozen Bull Run Creek at the Manassas Battlefield park. Those are his claw marks towards the bottom there. Taken on a Samsung S7 Edge, adjusted hue & exposure in photoshop.

bull run ice.jpg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Built a little sled hill in our back yard for the kids.

Taken in manual mode on the LG V20 and edited the RAW file slightly in Lightroom Mobile to bring out more detail in the snow.

816b2a5c615c2fdaf8895011113a32e0.jpg

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
This photo was taken on my Moto X 2014. The subject is a ship docked in the icy waters of Lake Michigan. It sometimes surprised me, the quality of the photos taken by the Moto X (especially given the poor reviews the camera had). There were no edits made, although I did use HDR mode on the camera.

Good luck everyone! (So hyped that AC brought the Photo Contests back!)

IMG_20160130_121621105_HDR.jpg

Zohayer

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi there!

Well, here's a cold season vegetable for all gardening lovers out there.
Just harvested them.

DSC_0422.jpg

The snap was taken from a Sony Xperia Z2.

WhatsApp Image 2017-01-28 at 4.57.06 PM.jpeg

The second one was taken with my Dad's Lenovo. Don't remember the exact model but it's slightly old.
But I am participating based on my beloved Sony anyways. Not that the Sony is too young (latest) :p but it's a flagship phone and it's Sony. :cool:

Ramsy

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The snow covered hoodoos of Bryce Canyon National Park. Before the sun rose that day, the temperature was a balmy -19F. When I took this picture, the temperature had risen to 0F.

Photo was taken with a LG G5 and lightly edited with Snapseed.

Bryce Canyon.jpg

Marius1919

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

this picture is my entery in the contest becouse it captures my feelings regarding cold, winter for me its very limiting, as I really love sports and am a outsy person, the fact that 2/3 out of a day is pitch black night where I live during this season does not help, the picture was taken with my trusty old LG G3, with blitz turned on auto.... that is it, what is it depicted in the picture?....guess!

this second picture is not a entry in the contest, its just a picture offering context for my entry, yes, it was a metal wire fence, all along, with very interesting crystal ice formation

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I was waiting and waiting for it to get snowy here in Philly, but no such luck. The contest challenged us to get creative, so here goes! In Philly, we have a Winter Garden just outside of my offices at City Hall. It includes an ice skating rink, a Cabin (translate cafe), AND the America's Garden Capital Maze. It's really not much of a maze as you can see the ways out, BUT it's very beautiful with topiary animals (or scary? think Stephen King, the Shinning). Anyways I caught this character out in his "winter" top hat, JUST before he started moving!!!!!!!

IMG_20170202_103009.jpg

Taken with Mate 9