[Closed] Android Central Photo Contest: Your View {Winner announced!}

Michelle Haag

I work here.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
IMG_20170721_1134179.jpg
Photo shot on BlackBerry KEYone, courtesy of FF22.

I thought we'd try a subject matter that is open to a pretty wide interpretation. We want to see Your View. Take that as you will, whether it's a sweeping scenic view like our friend FF22 has captured above, or something different, we want to see it. Think outside the box, work that creativity muscle, and have some fun with it!

This time we'll have a single winner for the contest, and for their efforts they'll receive an Amazon Echo!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll leave this contest open through August 10th.

Guidelines!
- Pictures must be taken with an Android device
- Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
- Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
- Only one entry per contest per person.

Good luck, everyone!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I took this with my Nexus 6P at ~28,000 feet. I was on my way home from Florida, I was there for work, flying home on the Thursday evening in Feb. when many of the NYC airports closed due to a snow storm.

For those that aren't familiar, this is NYC (center frame), NJ (bottom frame), Long Island (top frame). You can also make out the wing of the A320 in which I am flying.

No editing, this is raw from the camera/phone.

IMG_20170209_232920.jpg

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
This shot was taken on July 13 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada with my S8 Plus. Just a quick shot of the tail end of a storm that passed through after a hot day. I edited this image in Photoshop CS6 and Alien Skin software.

Storm-July-13.jpg

Stefanybaez

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I took this one yesterday when I was leaving work. The sky looked amazing (way better in person) so I took out my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and snapped a quick photo of it.

Edited with Snapseed to remove some ugly cables from the shot.

20170726_192258-01-01.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Moto X Play, bit of crop no extra edit. Pipa, Brazil.

3a82c6dd4d7437e4e035e802a83ae39e.jpg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues trying to upload? I already posted about an error within the Forum's app when using the photo icon to upload with. The paperclip button to select photos was working on other threads but tells me I may not have permission in this thread.

Blueslice

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having issues trying to upload? I already posted about an error within the Forum's app when using the photo icon to upload with. The paperclip button to select photos was working on other threads but tells me I may not have permission in this thread.
Are you posting through Tapatalk? That's the only way my pictures will go through.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you posting through Tapatalk? That's the only way my pictures will go through.
No, the AC Forums App. I believe it's based off Tapatalk, but I'll never use that one. The one time I tried, it signed me up for like 3 other forums without my permission. DX

Blueslice

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah... I used to have the AC app itself but had the same problem as you, switching to Tapatalk solved it for me but I totally understand why you don't want to switch.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I know photos are supposed to be uploaded to the site, but as has been mentioned earlier I'm having issues. I've also sought out help in the site discussion forums for this with no resolution. So I ask the powers that be to not count it against me that I'm forced to submit my entry as a link.

I call this "Sunrise from the Western Star." No, the earth didn't start rotating backwards. Lol. The truck I'm in is a Western Star brand. I just loved this view of the sunrise and how it reflected off the dew on my hood. Shot on my LG G4 and edited in Snapseed.

https://flic.kr/p/X5U22d

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
This photo was taken on my Samsung Galaxy S7 in Yosemite National Park. Specifically, it was taken from Glacier Point using panorama mode, with only a slight modification to contrast in Snapseed. It might be my favorite photo that I've ever taken on a phone. The view was breathtaking, with the majestic Half Dome dominating the landscape. Good luck to everyone!

Half Dome Yosemite.jpg

L3nd4r1

Aug 10, 2017
Visit site
I was just going to take a picture with my GALAXY S8+ to send to my family as a good day message, and only after I realize the moon was right above the sea level. No Edit. The Drillship ahead of the sun is ETESCO TAKATSUGU J. This picture was taken on Atlantic ocean, 100 Miles from Rio de Janeiro, at Santos Basin.Sunrise.jpg

Michelle Haag

I work here.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
This photo was taken on my Samsung Galaxy S7 in Yosemite National Park. Specifically, it was taken from Glacier Point using panorama mode, with only a slight modification to contrast in Snapseed. It might be my favorite photo that I've ever taken on a phone. The view was breathtaking, with the majestic Half Dome dominating the landscape. Good luck to everyone!

View attachment 265515

Congratulations Luke, you were chosen as the winner!! I'll be in touch soon to get your shipping info.

Thanks to everyone that entered!