SD Card Overwritten

MangeshS

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks

Need help here. I had bunch of photos from a trip on an SD Card in my camera (a regular p&s camera). My PC was not recognizing the card when connected to camera or through a card reader. So I put that card in my HTC Desire S phone and connected to PC. And I found that Phone had copied Android folder structure on the card and the photos were nowhere to be found. That's scary. So I put disconnected phone from PC and put the card back in Camera. And the photographs are all gone now. Is there anything I can do now to recover these photographs.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Folks

Need help here. I had bunch of photos from a trip on an SD Card in my camera (a regular p&s camera). My PC was not recognizing the card when connected to camera or through a card reader. So I put that card in my HTC Desire S phone and connected to PC. And I found that Phone had copied Android folder structure on the card and the photos were nowhere to be found. That's scary. So I put disconnected phone from PC and put the card back in Camera. And the photographs are all gone now. Is there anything I can do now to recover these photographs.

try using the auto recovery application available in the play store.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There are recovery tools for PC and Mobile platforms. I've seen this situation come up in the past and not seen anyone have success with retrieving images with an App. You can try using a PC client with the SD card plugged into the computer and scan the drive to see if the images are retrievable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae