issue with dates on photos and videos being incorrect

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I have about 30 folders on my SD card that have photos that are categorized by date taken with the newest photos being the first. I use QuickPic (older pre-CM acquisition) as my gallery app on my Note 4. These photos go all the way back from 2006 to present and they include photos taken with a variety of devices (phones, point and shoot cameras, etc). I have had no issues with the organization until recently.

I updated my phone to 5.1.1 OS the other day and for some reason, it was no longer recognizing my SD card so I pulled it out and put it in the computer. The computer recognized it and I was able to backup all my photos to my computer's HD. They are backed-up as well to my MS OneDrive account. Anyway, I reformatted the SD and put it back in the phone and all was well, it mounted no problem. Put the photos back on it, setup the specified sorting in QuickPic, and noticed that my photos are all jumbled around. Upon further investigating, it was found that the photos dates were changed to 10/10/15, this being the date I updated the OS and reinstalled the photo files to the SD card.

Long story short, is there a relatively easy way to revert the dates back to original with specific software or am I pretty much SOL? I say relatively easy because I have about 5k photos on there and it would be very tedious to go through one by one. I've never had an issue like this before so I thought I'd ask the experts.

Thanks in advance.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Check the settings of QuickPic to see what sort options are available.

The dates associated with your images are:
file create date
file modification date
image create date
image modification date

Ideally, you are looking to sort by the image creation date.
If your files are named based on the date, you can sort by the file name instead.

If QuickPic is not getting the job done, you might try Piktures by Diune.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Piktures is organizing the same. If I go into any .jpg file details, all the dates have changed to a recent date. The modification date that is. The date taken is missing on all my files. It wasn't before. I'm guessing there has been some sort of corruption.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Do you still have copies of the images on your computer?
If yes, check their EXIF data to see if the dates are correct in those versions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2