I've been wanting to learn how to use (and take good photos) using manual mode. I know how to get to the mode but don't know how I should adjust things for different pictures. I've Google around and cant find anything. Could someone in here point me toward a resource?

Posted via my AT&T Note 5
    06-07-2016 04:45 PM
    I've been wanting to learn how to use (and take good photos) using manual mode. I know how to get to the mode but don't know how I should adjust things for different pictures. I've Google around and cant find anything. Could someone in here point me toward a resource?

As a Photographer, this is not something that can be easily explained via a forum. You would need to learn how to adjust your F-Stop, Aperture, ISO, etc.. This is something that would be best to read up about specifically. And to be honest if you are really interested in getting into photography. Invest in an Entry Level Digital SLR camera body and kit lens to start. You can get them used pretty cheap on Kijiji or Craigs List, ebay, etc... Find yourself a local photographer that would be willing to take you under their wing to help you out here and there.
    I personally have helped a couple people in the past and they are now doing wonderful things with their cameras.
    06-08-2016 12:34 AM
    Kodak has free manuals on taking pictures, including the various settings on cameras. Digital or film, over- and underexposure produce the same effects, cropping is the same, covering the flash with a handkerchief is the same, etc. Read their manuals to learn how to take better pictures. (Learning how to frame pictures, learning the "rule of thirds", etc., are part of it. And in their manuals.)

One of the best pictures I ever saw (aside from Ansel Adams' and Dorothea Lange's pictures) was a snowy scene, with a black fence in the foreground, and way off in the distance, a tiny yellow cab with its brake lights showing. All stark black and white except for a spot of yellow and two spots of red. Nothing special, but breathtaking.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-2016 03:59 PM
    Thank you for both your responses. I would love to get into a better camera but am trying to just get started that's why I wanted to learn it on my phone then hopefully move into better cameras as I learn. I'll check out the Kodak website thank you again.

06-10-2016 09:50 PM