My last two phone purchases, a OnePlus One and a BlackBerry Priv, were made because of features they had (OPO had Cyanogen OS/Spec beast for the price, PRIV had a PKB and very stock ROM). Neither of which had a great camera, and I knew that going into things.

Why did in need a great camera? I pointed a shot things randomly, and none of those were of importance, until we had our first baby girl 7 months ago. I flip back and forth still from the OPO and Priv, and i still love them both (OPO probably being my favorite, as itb is what I'm typing this on). But I have lost count the number of times I whipped out my phone for that spontaneous photo opportunity, only to find the phone take forever to take the picture, or the lighting be terrible or out of focus.

I now get why so many cell phone reviews spend so much of their time reviewing the camera. My next phone will have a top of the like camera. Pictures of memories of my daughter's childhood depends on it.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-02-2017 02:56 PM
    Agreed. Fortunately, more and more manufacturers are making this a priority, so there are many more good choices out there, compared with just a couple of years ago!
    01-02-2017 07:20 PM
    It's been my experience that it's not the camera or smart phone that takes the picture, more over it's the lens or lenses these devices manipulated. In my opinion, I use a camera more than I use the smart phone thus I've based my device selection accordingly.

However seeming that the LG Rebel is my first smart phone, I wasn't prepared for the near inferior quality of the images. After utilizing several photo apps.. I found that the stone camera app, Zello photo app & Instgram apps all have the same if not better image resolution needed for my purposes.

In fact, after downloading the Instagram app, I've found that their integrated camera app takes better pictures than the stock LG rebel app.. Not sure the reasoning.
    01-26-2017 06:31 AM