my friend is going to sell me this phone for a really good price, but i want to know, can i root it and can i use the wireless tether with 4g.
    07-18-2012 11:58 AM
    let me add, im not new to rooting, i rooted my optimus lg and use its tether all the time.
    07-18-2012 11:59 AM
    I bought this phone too for an ok price off craigslist. I am really satisfied with it so far. The battery is great and yes you can root it. Wifi Tether also works. There is not alot of development for it but I mean this is a great phone for what it is you are asking it does, and if its a price go for it!
    07-20-2012 07:38 PM
    Theres quite a bit of dev work over at xda

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    07-22-2012 08:33 AM
    Theres quite a bit of dev work over at xda

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    I see that now

Those guys make me want to install a Custom Rom but after messing up my previous phone I think I will leave the stock. Dont wanna risk it!
    07-24-2012 06:15 PM
    I have CM10 on mine, and it works really well. So far the only real issues I have come accross are:
    1. face unlock doesn't work. Crashes every time I try to set it up.
    2. camcorder doesn't work.
    3. wifi tethering just itself off second after turning it on, so it's useless. It seem to work for those few seconds, but since it doesn't stay on long enough to get a computer connected to it, i cant be sure.

The secondar issue is occasional jitter of the screen (primaril in the picture gallery)
    Also, a few apps (older ones that havent been updated in a while, mainly) aren't real stable, but still work.
    Overall, for an "alpha build", it works great
    08-10-2012 12:21 AM
    I have CM10 on mine, and it works really well. So far the only real issues I have come accross are:
    1. face unlock doesn't work. Crashes every time I try to set it up.
    2. camcorder doesn't work.
    3. wifi tethering just itself off second after turning it on, so it's useless. It seem to work for those few seconds, but since it doesn't stay on long enough to get a computer connected to it, i cant be sure.

The secondar issue is occasional jitter of the screen (primaril in the picture gallery)
    Also, a few apps (older ones that havent been updated in a while, mainly) aren't real stable, but still work.
    Overall, for an "alpha build", it works great
    Hmm... sounds interesting
    08-14-2012 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD