Best cases for Google Pixel 2

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This is the one I use for now. It's the Spigen tough armor kinda bulky however not too bulky. Might also try the slim armor that might be slimmer. Does feel great in the hand also add but of weight. Finger print magnet in the back
1de7abac2daa9e5c32b0ef4c79a935fb.jpg
dca4b65e644f9214c01aaa722a299ac3.jpg
84ddea10fc5f256f6ea88f08af60e764.jpg
73bded6a553eddd5035587fa4b1f93c9.jpg
6bcfebce86eb08fee52d476a92a4f718.jpg
712c236c169ed88d11680f035cf43678.jpg
77b1849f3582dc970601a7a6952b9fac.jpg

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
This is the one I use for now. It's the Spigen tough armor kinda bulky however not too bulky. Might also try the slim armor that might be slimmer. Does feel great in the hand also add but of weight. Finger print magnet in the back

I had looked at that case & opted on the rugged one instead, that I returned. What are the sides like on the tough armor case? Are they squarish or rounded? I hate the feel of cases with a square edge, it's just not comfortable in my hand.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I had looked at that case & opted on the rugged one instead, that I returned. What are the sides like on the tough armor case? Are they squarish or rounded? I hate the feel of cases with a square edge, it's just not comfortable in my hand.

I feel ya bud... that's why I took a dremel to those seams on the edges of the rugged armor I got for mine.

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I feel ya bud... that's why I took a dremel to those seams on the edges of the rugged armor I got for mine.
Dang it, I wish I'd have thought of that. I sent it back & am only getting about half what I paid for it in credit, & I still don't have a case I like!

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site

I had the slim armor one, very disappointed in and returned it. Way to bulky and added tons of weight. I use to love it on my iPhones but didn't transfer well to the pixel.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Dang it, I wish I'd have thought of that. I sent it back & am only getting about half what I paid for it in credit, & I still don't have a case I like!

Yeah, i bought a used 1XL and it came in that case and the seams bothered me. I figured I had nothing to lose so I shaved the ridges of with a utility knife. It worked, but looks a bit wonky. The Dremel would be cleaner.

Prath09

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
Got the Spigen Rugged Armour case. Fits really nice, good protection, good lip at the front so you can put it face down, good cutout for camera and fingerprint. Really nice case. Also have the Google cement fabric case coming today.

23602122_10155920744903281_1255322897_n.jpg23602148_10155920745113281_569661522_n.jpg23666560_10155920744733281_17647433_n.jpg23635192_10155920745228281_242716676_n.jpg

arav24

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I received my Spigen neo hybrid yesterday. I liked the design but it changed the feel of the phone pretty dramatically. The buttons while very "clicky", require a bit more effort than my liquid Crystal. Overall I think the liquid Crystal feels a lot sleeker and I definitely prefer it.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Got the Spigen Rugged Armour case. Fits really nice, good protection, good lip at the front so you can put it face down, good cutout for camera and fingerprint. Really nice case.

I got the rugged armor first, and replaced it with the tough armor. Better protection in a dual layer case. Basically a hard shell wrapped around the rugged armor case. It's weathered a couple of 2 ft drops with no damage.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Added side pics. Def somewhat square roundish
12a381b949af97f48643e2ba6dc17c3c.jpg
8cbb6eb5bbb4ba2d78b4b7b2dd9e65b3.jpg

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I got the rugged armor first, and replaced it with the tough armor. Better protection in a dual layer case. Basically a hard shell wrapped around the rugged armor case. It's weathered a couple of 2 ft drops with no damage.
Yeah I might try the slim armor supposed to be less thick and dual layered.

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I stopped in to my local Best Buy to see if they had any Pixel 2 cases I'd like. They had exactly 1 left, the Tech 21. I spent a little while mulling it over & eventually bought it, but it's a $40 case! I like the feel of it & it seems well protected, but although it's a TPU case, the edges are more of a stiff plastic & it's really hard to get the phone in & out of it. I also always tape one of those metal plates inside the cases (for my magnetic phone mount) & it actually creates a little bit of a bulge.

I'll probably end up returning this one too.

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I stopped in to my local Best Buy to see if they had any Pixel 2 cases I'd like. They had exactly 1 left, the Tech 21. I spent a little while mulling it over & eventually bought it, but it's a $40 case! I like the feel of it & it seems well protected, but although it's a TPU case, the edges are more of a stiff plastic & it's really hard to get the phone in & out of it. I also always tape one of those metal plates inside the cases (for my magnetic phone mount) & it actually creates a little bit of a bulge.

I'll probably end up returning this one too.

I have that one too in the smoke color. I liked it over the Speck Presidio and Incipio dual layer cases a local Verizon store had on hand. It's not too bulky but the buttons are so stiff, I feel like I'm going to snap the phone trying to use power or volume buttons, and also causes me to trigger the squeeze guesture pretty often and I have that set to it's highest squeeze setting.

But it was free so I'm not going to complain too much.

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have that one too in the smoke color. I liked it over the Speck Presidio and Incipio dual layer cases a local Verizon store had on hand. It's not too bulky but the buttons are so stiff, I feel like I'm going to snap the phone trying to use power or volume buttons, and also causes me to trigger the squeeze guesture pretty often and I have that set to it's highest squeeze setting.

But it was free so I'm not going to complain too much.
Oh, nice deal! Mine is smoke color too, I'd have preferred solid but I can live with the color. I like the case overall, it doesn't feel too bulky & I'm pretty klutzy at times so I feel like it offers good grip & good protection. The power button is a little stiff but it might soften in time. I just really wish the sides weren't so hard - I don't take my phone out of the case often but man was that a struggle! And I hate spending so much on a case.

I'm not as interested in how a case looks compared to protection & how it feels, but these pics show a couple things in terms of looks I'm not happy with. The first shows that you can see the tape I used to keep the metal plate from sliding around, the second shows the bulge from that plate. The case is so tight I might not need the tape but that bulge...
19bb186a4ab9e140f314175a407ad961.jpg
ea91018fac97cbeb9ed037a1cc0e833c.jpg

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Oh, nice deal! Mine is smoke color too, I'd have preferred solid but I can live with the color. I like the case overall, it doesn't feel too bulky & I'm pretty klutzy at times so I feel like it offers good grip & good protection. The power button is a little stiff but it might soften in time. I just really wish the sides weren't so hard - I don't take my phone out of the case often but man was that a struggle! And I hate spending so much on a case.

I'm not as interested in how a case looks compared to protection & how it feels, but these pics show a couple things in terms of looks I'm not happy with. The first shows that you can see the tape I used to keep the metal plate from sliding around, the second shows the bulge from that plate. The case is so tight I might not need the tape but that bulge... //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/19bb186a4ab9e140f314175a407ad961.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/ea91018fac97cbeb9ed037a1cc0e833c.jpg

I wouldn't like the bulge in the back either, so I would either stick the plate on the outside of case or get one those stick on card holder pouches and stick the plate in a pocket of it. I know Spigen made cases specifically for this exact issue where there was a indentation on inside of case to place the metal plate, but they were either thin or limited to more mainstream Samsung and iPhone devices. Also Vena had a line of wallet cases specifically with the plate built into the case, I had one for a V20 a while back and it was nice but make a large phone massive.

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
They might want to update their product photos, apparently there is a special edition pixel 2 with a white front hehe.

Thought it might be OG pixel but saw the front facing speakers

I like the look of this case & it's a pretty color! I had & liked a Diztronic years ago & the only reason I didn't get one for this phone was because of the location of the engraved logo. Maybe I could get used to it.

Do you have this case? Or can anyone who does, confirm if there's room inside the case for the metal plate to use with a magnetic vent mount?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I had a Peel case ordered and was a tad disappointed in their announcement about the delay so decided to cancel. Fortunately I had 3 others ordered and received the Moment camera case which I used for a week before sending it back, just not for me, poor button feedback also, although a fine case otherwise.
Now using the Belroy leather shell case which is nice, but getting used to the minimal button feedback from the buttons being recessed a tad to much. I do like that they are bare tho and not tucked under the case itself so I'm not pressing on case but actual button. I'm getting used to them. I have a rhino shield bumper coming when ever they get it together as it is currently a preorder.
I will say this tho, I never go without a case because of the slickness of these devices and the likelyhood of a drop due to that feature. However, this is the first phone in years I haven't felt nervous using naked as it is kind of grippy so I am also leaving that option open. Used it naked while waiting on cases to arrive and really liked it that way. The Rhino shield bumper case has the option to just use the bumper and I may go that route as well. Decisions always.

CVisk

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

I'm not as interested in how a case looks compared to protection & how it feels, but these pics show a couple things in terms of looks I'm not happy with. The first shows that you can see the tape I used to keep the metal plate from sliding around, the second shows the bulge from that plate. The case is so tight I might not need the tape but that bulge... //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/19bb186a4ab9e140f314175a407ad961.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/ea91018fac97cbeb9ed037a1cc0e833c.jpg

Is that metal plate for a magnetic mount? If so, does that interfere with Android Pay?