Best Google Pixel 2 Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

kembry

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Screen protector for Pixel 2 XL?

Anybody finding tempered screen protectors on Amazon for the Pixel 2 XL? I'm not paying Google $40 for a screen protector when third party guys do just as well for 1/4 the cost.

mrjetpacks

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen protector for Pixel 2 XL?

Anybody finding tempered screen protectors on Amazon for the Pixel 2 XL? I'm not paying Google $40 for a screen protector when third party guys do just as well for 1/4 the cost.
They will turn up soon...

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

I had a great luck with yootech. Great application and none of the micro scratches that I got with the Verizon screen protector

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-LK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6006069
$11 for a 2-pack, free shipping, in stock 10/18. Picture isn't for the right phone, but that's typical with any cases/sp's/etc for new phones when they first reveal.

I suggest waiting, though.

I'm not expecting any of the early glass SP's to be a good fit, with the 3g rounded edges... It was a nightmare for months after the release of the original Pixel XL trying to find something that worked well with no screen lift on the edges and that didn't obscure any of the display.

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I have never owned a Google pixel before and I plan to get Tempered Glass Screen Protector for my Google Pixel 2. Do you have any experience using a screen protector or a Tempered Glass Screen Protector on google pixel? what are you going to get for your Google pixel 2?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
With these curves screens, tempered glass protectors are almost useless. Just check out the ratings for them on amazon, most are not very well rated, even the known name brands can't seem to make good ones. I believe the smaller pixel 2 doesn't have a curved screen, so hopefully I can use a glass one on my smaller pixel 2.

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
With these curves screens, tempered glass protectors are almost useless. Just check out the ratings for them on amazon, most are not very well rated, even the known name brands can't seem to make good ones. I believe the smaller pixel 2 doesn't have a curved screen, so hopefully I can use a glass one on my smaller pixel 2.

I really hope that with the bigger Pixel 2 coming out, some brand will be able to produce a quality product. If you find anything good for the smaller one it will be great to hear.

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I bought a Spigen curved glass screen protector for my OG XL. It fits perfectly and still looks immaculate after nearly 12 months. If Spigen make one for the 2 XL I'd recommend it based on how well this has held up.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Spigen curved glass screen protector for my OG XL. It fits perfectly and still looks immaculate after nearly 12 months. If Spigen make one for the 2 XL I'd recommend it based on how well this has held up.

Is the protector curved at all, or just thin enough that it somehow conforms?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I found the Yootech on my Pixel very nice. Slightly smaller than the screen so no edge adhesion problem, and with the lip of a case, that exposed area shouldn't be a problem. The biggest thing is that this was smoother than the Verizon one and after a year still doesn't seem to have any of those micro-scratches that accumulated on the Verizon one. 2 for $6.99 it was a no-brainer for me to check them out.

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I found the Yootech on my Pixel very nice. Slightly smaller than the screen so no edge adhesion problem, and with the lip of a case, that exposed area shouldn't be a problem. The biggest thing is that this was smoother than the Verizon one and after a year still doesn't seem to have any of those micro-scratches that accumulated on the Verizon one. 2 for $6.99 it was a no-brainer for me to check them out.

I have used Yootech before and it wasn't great. Maybe I'll try it again on google pixel 2

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe we should be searching Samsung screen protectors, if they can make them for the edge screen, they should be able to make it for these. I have a Super Sheildz one for my current Pixel XL (2016) and it works, but doesn't go all the way to the edge. The lip of my case does a decent job of protecting that void.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
For those looking at screen protectors, I've noted that - at least on Amazon - nothing is shipping via Prime. There's a few items marked as available now, but still with fairly lengthy delivery times. I expect that in the next several days a number of these companies will have delivered a bulk quantity to Amazon's warehouses for direct fulfillment via Prime, meaning you might well order one next week via Prime and get it faster than ordering today directly from the vendor (that happened to me last year with the Pixel, on both a case and a SP, though there's already plenty of cases available for rapid delivery).

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
For those looking at screen protectors, I've noted that - at least on Amazon - nothing is shipping via Prime. There's a few items marked as available now, but still with fairly lengthy delivery times.

I got this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6013842

The listing says delivery Oct 25-Nov 9, it was shipped the day I placed the order:

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 12.21.14 PM.png

They're located in Hong Kong, however, which is the explanation. Proverbial slow boat......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance