what's everyone doing for screen protection on the pixel 2?

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I've tried two of the Incipio glass screen protectors for the P2XL. Both mess with the proximity sensor, the always on display isn't always on, hell it's never on. Also when answering calls the phone thinks it's up close to your face, again a proximity sensor issue, removing the phone from your face gets you nothing but a black screen in front of you, not even the button to hang up a call much less the turning on the speaker button. You have to wait for the other person in the call to hang up before you can even unlock your phone.
It's my guess any of the screen protectors that have the little holes over the proximity sensor is going to have this problem!
Glass protectors that have cut outs where the proximity sensor is might work better but I have yet to find one with any good reviews.
The other thing the protectors I have tried all have the adhesive strip just down the curved part of the glass, so if you drop the phone even from low height the protector falls off. After about 2 times putting it back on its lost its adhesive qualities and is junk.
I'm waiting for a Whitetone liquid protector to arrive around the 5th or 6th of Jan. Praying it works better and gets here before I get a scratch on my unprotected screen.
If y'all have any ideas on tried and true products please hit me up and let me in on the party, thanks
Joe

Last edited:

legobricke01

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I've tried two of the Incipio glass screen protectors for the P2XL. Both mess with the proximity sensor, the always on display isn't always on, hell it's never on. Also when answering calls the phone thinks it's up close to your face, again a proximity sensor issue, removing the phone from your face gets you nothing but a black screen in front of you, not even the button to hang up a call much less the turning on the speaker button. You have to wait for the other person in the call to hang up before you can even unlock your phone.
It's my guess any of the screen protectors that have the little holes over the proximity sensor is going to have this problem!
Glass protectors that have cut outs where the proximity sensor is might work better but I have yet to find one with any good reviews.
The other thing the protectors I have tried all have the adhesive strip just down the curved part of the glass, so if you drop the phone even from low height the protector falls off. After about 2 times putting it back on its lost its adhesive qualities and is junk.
I'm waiting for a Whitetone liquid protector to arrive around the 5th or 6th of Jan. Praying it works better and gets here before I get a scratch on my unprotected screen.
If y'all have any ideas on tried and true products please hit me up and let me in on the party, thanks
Joe
I'm rocking the Whitestone currently and it's perfect. Case safe also! Install was smooth and it's by far the best screen protector I've used on the Pixel 2 XL. Trust me, I used at least 5 different tgsp's. Although pricey, it works perfectly for me!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I personally enjoy and would recommend using tempered glass screen protectors. Amazon has a ton of useful products to choose from! Perhaps get a two-pack, so you have an extra protector in case something happens to your current one!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
For me the latest Gorilla glass is all the scratch protection I'll ever need.
I've never put a screen protector on any phone I've ever owned.
I've never had a scratched screen.
I simply dedicate my left front pocket to ONLY my phone and nothing else.

bigbearballs

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
For me the latest Gorilla glass is all the scratch protection I'll ever need.
I've never put a screen protector on any phone I've ever owned.
I've never had a scratched screen.
I simply dedicate my left front pocket to ONLY my phone and nothing else.
But it still scratches, right? I've been going need for the past two weeks and I don't see any scratches. But with my og pixel, I had all kinds of scratches without a screen protector.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
But it still scratches, right? I've been going need for the past two weeks and I don't see any scratches. But with my og pixel, I had all kinds of scratches without a screen protector.

No, it doesn't scratch. I can angle it in any kind of light and closely examine it. No scratches.

But then I'm not careless with my phones. I keep mine in a front pocket with screen facing inward. I absolutely never keep anything other than my phone in my pocket. So there's nothing ever touching my screen that's harder than the Gorilla glass.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
No, it doesn't scratch. I can angle it in any kind of light and closely examine it. No scratches.

But then I'm not careless with my phones. I keep mine in a front pocket with screen facing inward. I absolutely never keep anything other than my phone in my pocket. So there's nothing ever touching my screen that's harder than the Gorilla glass.

Exactly what I had done with my previous phones and I never got a scratch on them. However, I wasn't going to chance it with the Pixel 2 XL. I went with the IQ LiquiShield screen protector.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what I had done with my previous phones and I never got a scratch on them. However, I wasn't going to chance it with the Pixel 2 XL. I went with the IQ LiquiShield screen protector.

I always add the insurance when I buy through Google. If I ever have a problem, I will simply use up one of my replacements. I just don't want something plastered on the front of my screen that changes the way it looks or feels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma