Car mount for 2XL

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to find a new car mount for my 2 XL. I previously used a Bracketron magnetic mount with my S7Edge but I'm running a clear case with my Panda colored XL and don't want to mess with a metal plate breaking that look up. I've seen Proclips recommended but I'm really not looking to spend $60+ on a phone mount... Looking for more in the sub 30 range. I tried another Bracketron mount that was spring loaded but it was really difficult to use without setting off the squeeze trigger.

ks1g

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the Proclip. Would never go back to the Bracketron.
Strongly agree. I have been using a Proclip mount for several years; my XL2 is the 3rd phone on same mount. I purchased an adjustable holder instead of a form-fitting holder for my last phone to accommodate an Otterbox case; I simply adjusted the mount for the XL2. I've considered a magnetic mount, but skeptical the phone would stay put as well. I honestly think the phone would survive a major crash in the Proclip mount & holder as long as the mount point wasn't crushed.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered the iOttie touch 4 on Amazon. There was a touch 3 at Target that I tested out and liked the grip it had on the phone so we'll see how stable the arm is while driving when it gets here.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Haven't installed the iOttie yet but it definitely feels sturdy. The armature is pretty beefy. Putting it on after I put my kid to bed so I can use it tomorrow. I'll report back later tomorrow. I live in Oklahoma and our roads are garbage so I'm interested to see how solid it keeps my phone.
2f2818af0e075b91bbf7fad691514ee3.jpg

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Definitely sturdy. Didn't notice near the amount of screen shake from my Waze being open out of the corner of my eye as the Bracketron mount. The arms also grab just under the volume buttons and it relies more on the tackiness of the rubber pads to hold the phone than actually squeezing the phone so it doesn't activate Google when it clamps down. Definitely worth 25 bucks in my opinion.
c318a267b54ac625942cd4ea27ba4bad.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech