Large Core iOauto Pro Magnetic Mount for Pixel 2?

1countryboy

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm already using ProClip's mount and holder for my Pixel 2... love it but thinking I would like to try their Large Core iOauto Pro Magnetic Mount. It will simply attach to my existing mount so I can now turn the phone in landscape mode much easier.

Their website says: WARNING: NOT for use with phones designed to detect manufacturer flip-cover cases. This is strictly because the magnet can put the phone into sleep or docking modes.

I'm assuming this means my Pixel 2 but wouldn't it simply turn the screen off each time it's mounted and you'd just have to turn the screen back on each time? I mean would their be any harm in using a magnetic mount with the Pixel 2?

The case I'm using is a Presidio Grip so I'm not sure if there would be room inside the case to mount the round magnetic plate or not. Also with the ribbed exterior and not knowing how big the disk is it could be a challenge but one I'm willing to take.

Any one tried this magnetic mount or any other with the Presidio Grip case?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only problem with a magnet would be decalibration of the compass in the phone, but that happens any time you get near any ferric material (iron, steel), which is why you have to calibrate the compass before each use.

1countryboy

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The only problem with a magnet would be decalibration of the compass in the phone, but that happens any time you get near any ferric material (iron, steel), which is why you have to calibrate the compass before each use.

So what is that procedure? Does that mean each time you mounted the phone this would have to be done?

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I actually have it on my car I be will post pics in a bit there only complaint I have about it is the screw it came with are weak I had to use nuts and bolts which I actually love how it looks lol

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks looking forward to it!

here you go dont mind my screen protector i handle a lot of boxes and go through a lot of glass screen protectors so all i had was a crappy plastic one lol

Attachments

• iottie1.jpg
    iottie1.jpg
    576.7 KB · Views: 6
  • iottie2.jpg
    iottie2.jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 5
  • iottie3.jpg
    iottie3.jpg
    641.6 KB · Views: 5
  • iottie4.jpg
    iottie4.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 6

1countryboy

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting the pictures so do you have compass & GPS issues?

Where did you place the round magnetic disk inside of or on the back of your phone case?

Do you like the magnetic mount better than your regular ProClip mount?

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I have no issue with the GPS or compass I been going on alot of dayvtrip recently and using Waze with no issues

and yes i like the iottie better i have one in my car in my mom's car in, one in my gf car which ever I jump in boom I'm good to go

1countryboy

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have no issue with the GPS or compass I been going on alot of dayvtrip recently and using Waze with no issues

and yes i like the iottie better i have one in my car in my mom's car in, one in my gf car which ever I jump in boom I'm good to go

Thanks where did you place the magnetic disk? What case are you using?

You are using a Pixel with it correct?

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks where did you place the magnetic disk? What case are you using?

You are using a Pixel with it correct?

sorry was having trouble uploading pics from phone using pc now yes i am using a pixel2 xl i use 1 case and 1 bumper the grip by dbrand and and i have the disk on the dbrand skin pixel1.jpg

i also use a case that has a built magnetic back 81EHeZ6Ls4L._SL1500_.jpg now the case once in a while when i place it on the iottie will turn off my screen but also no issues with gps or waze

1countryboy

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures! I had been wondering how big of an issue there was with the iottie turning off the Pixel screen when placing & removing from the mount. ProClip doesn't recommend the use of phones like the Pixel with the iottie with the possibility of this happening but apparently it does still work.

I'm very tempted to try one since you're not having compass/GPS issues. I don't think the magnetic disk will fit flat on the back of my Presidio Grip case and hard to tell how it will look... so far keeping me from pulling the trigger. I'll have to think about this.

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures! I had been wondering how big of an issue there was with the iottie turning off the Pixel screen when placing & removing from the mount. ProClip doesn't recommend the use of phones like the Pixel with the iottie with the possibility of this happening but apparently it does still work.

I'm very tempted to try one since you're not having compass/GPS issues. I don't think the magnetic disk will fit flat on the back of my Presidio Grip case and hard to tell how it will look... so far keeping me from pulling the trigger. I'll have to think about this.

Some disk come with a skin you put on tue phone first and then then the disk on the phone so for my moms note 8 I have a small little plastic skin on the back and then a magnetic on top of that and then i just put on her commuter case and it works fine

And also it only turns when once I a while when I use the credit card case

And also it does not come with the nuts and bolts it comes with crappy tiny screws that broke off

1countryboy

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So on your mom’s phone does it still have a strong magnetic pull since it’s mounted inside her case?

Do you think once you remove the disk being mounted on the skin it will leave any marks on the phone?

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
it's does have a good magnetic pull on it went over bump and never falls

and it came out just fine no marks or nothing

1countryboy

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks wish I knew someone that actually had tried mounting the disk on the outside or inside of a Presidio Grip case. The only thing ProClip would tell me was it works well with small cases like Apple leather cases but not having seen my Grip couldn’t guarantee it would work with it.

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
hey sorry haven't got back to you been busy week a co-worker was excepted into fire fighters academy so I have been covering him but I got you tomorrow buddy 🤞

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz