As we all know, once you start zooming in with phone camera photo quality goes down fast. Has anyone here used a smartphone telephoto lens for that special occasion where you want good quality zoomed in photos?

If so, suggestions on what might work with my Pixel 2 XL. I would like fairly easy on and off, good quality and decent price. It would not need to be crazy zooming but 2 or 3 times optical zoom would be a good start.

Also, let me know how you think your lens works in the wild.
    07-25-2019 02:56 PM
    Moment is probably the best. I have the 2nd generation 58 mm 2X telephoto, and it performs quite well. There's more risk of blur if you're not entirely still when taking the shot, though. You also need to get Moment's specially designed case in order to attach and detach the lens, but their cases are really good and nice-looking.

Here's an example of a shot taken with the lens on a recent trip to Hawaii:

decent telephoto lens for Pixel 2-img_20190612_110335.jpg

This was taken with my Pixel 3 XL, but I got the lens back when I had a 2 XL, and the shots were equally good. One nice thing about Moment is that they've committed to making cases for all future Pixel phones, so the lens won't become useless if you ultimately upgrade to the next Pixel phone up.
    07-25-2019 04:25 PM