11-10-2018 06:08 PM
32 12
tools
    Like many here, the quest for a decent screen protector has been hit & miss at best. Enter ProtectionPro film. It utilizes the same technology and materials as automotive paint protection film, and is custom cut for each device. It has a self-leveling top clearcoat, and is a self-healing product; meaning light scratches will heal themselves when heat is applied.

I had this done last year on my Pixel 2 XL, and patterning just became available for the Pixel 3 & 3XL. My guy just did a full front & rear wrap on it this morning, and I am very happy with the results; to say the least.

I went with the standard clear gloss film both front and back; although you are only limited by your imagination and the inventory of your installer.

More on the product and marketing here:
    http://www.clearplex.co.il/faqs/index.html

I am not a seller, employee, representative or affiliated in any way with ProtectionPro; just a consumer who has used their product in the past and wanted to pass along my experience.
    10-20-2018 03:58 PM
    Nice, how much did it cost you? so you had to let someone put it on for you? Not something I can buy on Amazon?
    10-20-2018 08:28 PM
    Why didn't you put it on yourself?
    10-20-2018 08:45 PM
    Nice, how much did it cost you? so you had to let someone put it on for you? Not something I can buy on Amazon?
    For full front & back protection, it was $55. So, for not much more than a Zagg TGSP that covers the front only (and doesn't fit all that well from what I have read), I was able to get a guaranteed fit and coverage for both front and back.

Their business model is as such that it is an on-demand product to include installation. I am ok with that; I don't have to fuss with it and I have the final say on whether or not the finished product is acceptable or not.

Frequently Asked Questions | ClearPlex® ProtectionPro By Madico®
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    10-20-2018 09:14 PM
    Why didn't you put it on yourself?
    Why bother when they do it, and satisfaction is guaranteed? We literally dropped the phone off, ran some errands and picked it up on our way back home.
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    10-20-2018 09:17 PM
    Hmmmm, not really clear from their site how to find a local dealer. They need to improve that part of their marketing.
    PhobicCarrot likes this.
    10-20-2018 09:25 PM
    Hmmmm, not really clear from their site how to find a local dealer. They need to improve that part of their marketing.
    Yeah they do! However, they are very responsive to emails.
    10-20-2018 09:33 PM
    Is this stuff case friendly?
    10-21-2018 01:28 PM
    Looks nice
    SmoovC likes this.
    10-21-2018 01:53 PM
    Like many here, the quest for a decent screen protector has been hit & miss at best. Enter ProtectionPro film. It utilizes the same technology and materials as automotive paint protection film, and is custom cut for each device. It has a self-leveling top clearcoat, and is a self-healing product; meaning light scratches will heal themselves when heat is applied.

I had this done last year on my Pixel 2 XL, and patterning just became available for the Pixel 3 & 3XL. My guy just did a full front & rear wrap on it this morning, and I am very happy with the results; to say the least.

I went with the standard clear gloss film both front and back; although you are only limited by your imagination and the inventory of your installer.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...pscetjhpkv.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...psoxygo0zy.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...psll23mmsg.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...psd6o0ijhk.jpg

http://www.clearplex.co.il/faqs/index.html

I am not a seller, employee, representative or affiliated in any way with ProtectionPro; just a consumer who has used their product in the past and wanted to pass along my experience.
    My past experience with film products is that after awhile the healing capabilities diminish over time. Also the offer more friction then glass. I had been using a film product for the past year on my Pixel 2XL.
    With the 3XL I decided to go back to glass. I stayed away from full coverage and it works great. I also using a tempered glass case with TPU sides which feels really great and looks terrific
    10-21-2018 02:04 PM
    Is this stuff case friendly?
    Yes, it is. The film is only 0.2mm thick. I am using a Spigen Thin Fit Case with a Scosche MagicPlate kit for our car mounts.
    wwickedd likes this.
    10-21-2018 02:07 PM
    My past experience with film products is that after awhile the healing capabilities diminish over time. Also the offer more friction then glass. I had been using a film product for the past year on my Pixel 2XL.
    With the 3XL I decided to go back to glass. I stayed away from full coverage and it works great. I also using a tempered glass case with TPU sides which feels really great and looks terrific
    I can understand your concerns. Having worked in the Auto Industry for decades, I have a fair amount of experience with these films. My last 4 cars have had PPF applied, and the technology has come quite a ways from the "early days".

That being said, I used the same film on my Pixel 2 XL for almost a year, and it has held up very well. Not unlike film applied to a car, it does require minimal maintenance; just hit it with a spray wax or detailer periodically to maintain a smooth and slippery surface.

I like your solution as well. You have found what works for you and went with it. I would love to see some pictures.
    10-21-2018 02:15 PM
    Using a 7 dollar option until Whitestone Dome Glass protector comes out
    10-21-2018 02:29 PM
    That works too!
    10-21-2018 02:36 PM
    OP, thanks for posting.
    It is always nice to have options.
    SmoovC likes this.
    10-22-2018 01:08 PM
    I'm doing the same.
    10-26-2018 12:37 PM
    The Pure Gear Steal 360 tempered glass screen protector is fantastic! Very high quality and fits perfectly. Case-friendly too. I'm using it with a Spiegen Rugged Armor case. I bought one at a Verizon authorized retail store for $40.
    10-26-2018 02:38 PM
    I read there will b no Whitestone for the pixel 3 or pixel 3xl. Something about deal with Samsung
    10-26-2018 08:59 PM
    Source?
    I read there will b no Whitestone for the pixel 3 or pixel 3xl. Something about deal with Samsung
    10-26-2018 09:52 PM
    Source?
    Attached Thumbnails Absolute Best Screen Protector, Perfect Fit & No Lift.-3420.jpg  
    bhatech likes this.
    10-27-2018 12:39 AM
    That's really odd. Their Twitter is saying otherwise

https://twitter.com/whitestonedome/s...66812189478913
    wwickedd likes this.
    10-27-2018 03:34 PM
    I pulled off the Zagg glass I had installed because of liftoff on the edges . I ordered a Armorsuit Militaryshield screen protector. Wet install goes right to the edges .
    10-27-2018 07:33 PM
    That's really odd. Their Twitter is saying otherwise

https://twitter.com/whitestonedome/s...66812189478913
    Attached Thumbnails Absolute Best Screen Protector, Perfect Fit & No Lift.-8525.jpg  
    10-29-2018 03:07 PM
    I pulled off the Zagg glass I had installed because of liftoff on the edges .
    No liftoff on my Zagg.
    10-29-2018 03:11 PM
    No liftoff on my Zagg.
    They are sending me a new one under warranty . So I'll try again .
    11-02-2018 06:40 PM
32 12