I know it's super early still, but anybody know of any third party companies working on creating a wireless charging stand that also activates the Google assistant features?
    10-22-2018 12:35 AM
    I know it's super early still, but anybody know of any third party companies working on creating a wireless charging stand that also activates the Google assistant features?
    It depends on the what activates it and where the features are located. Some docks simply used to use a magnet to activate phone features. If it's a proprietary chip in the stand it's doubtful. Also the market might not be that big. Also keep in mind that as of right now other wireless stands are not rapid charge compatible with the Pixel.
    10-22-2018 05:26 AM
    So far, not sure about Google Assistant functionality with 3rd party wireless chargers. Just a note, there seems to be a bug in which if you use rapid charging wireless charger (other than Google's), the phone won't charge nearly as fast as with it's own Google Stand. Hopefully something that will be corrected via software update.
    10-22-2018 07:48 AM
    So far, not sure about Google Assistant functionality with 3rd party wireless chargers. Just a note, there seems to be a bug in which if you use rapid charging wireless charger (other than Google's), the phone won't charge nearly as fast as with it's own Google Stand. Hopefully something that will be corrected via software update.
    My guess is that won't be corrected. I think it's deliberate.
    10-22-2018 08:05 AM