Amazon inexpensive wireless chargers tested?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I originally (before Quick Charge came out) bought a $10 Qi charge plate. It still works after about 4 years.

Good quality products last, whatever they cost. (My cheap power pack is about 3 years old and still gives me about full power too.)

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
I'm curious about this too. I'm looking for a cheap wireless charging stand for my Pixel 3 and don't care (within reason) if it charges slowly. I'll leave my phone on it all day at my office. I gather any good cheap one would do?

njgill05

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I ordered one from Amazon that was like $20, and had the 2 coils in it. It works great as far as I can tell. It says it's rapidly charging but obviously due to Google lockdown that is incorrect. Regardless, it's nice to have a stand to just set the phone down into at night and in the morning it's all charged up and ready. There is also the added benefit of having the clock screensave while charging which in the stand makes it seem like a proper old fashioned alarm clock.

Roscopcoletrain

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I want something for my desk at work. Ques do I shell out a bit now for 5w or wait and shell out more $$ later for the full 10w?

ThaiBruin

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I want something for my desk at work. Ques do I shell out a bit now for 5w or wait and shell out more $$ later for the full 10w?

Depends on your use case. if it's a nightstand charger, 5w is all you need. If it's at work and you're constantly taking it on and off the charger, perhaps waiting for a 10w is a good idea. I personally have a Samsung fast charger (which is no longer fast, sadly) on my nightstand and then a Pixel Dock on my work desk. It's nice having 10w charging at work, and it's especially nice having the photo frame feature. Is that worth $80? Probably not. But I'm sure it'll be on sale around black friday.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Depends on your use case. if it's a nightstand charger, 5w is all you need. If it's at work and you're constantly taking it on and off the charger, perhaps waiting for a 10w is a good idea. I personally have a Samsung fast charger (which is no longer fast, sadly) on my nightstand and then a Pixel Dock on my work desk. It's nice having 10w charging at work, and it's especially nice having the photo frame feature. Is that worth $80? Probably not. But I'm sure it'll be on sale around black friday.

yeah, same here. i am waiting for the google one on sale, plus my $50 credit from google. i really need a 10 w charger at work. At home i don't mind using the 5 w since there are plenty of wired fast charger around if i need to quick charge my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech